CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

This is a discussion on CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; i've had my N1 for a while now. Since i was 2.2 thru tmobile i never cared to root and the one time i tried ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

i've had my N1 for a while now. Since i was 2.2 thru tmobile i never cared to root and the one time i tried to setup SDK it didn't detect my phone i gave up. Read up a couple weeks about on one-click root and etc.

Thought great and well now i'm rooted and running CM6 using rom manager and clockwork.

1. how do i enable 720p video? Is it already on the Cm6? I did the wildmonk kernal and i expected to see a "high 720p(30m) but none was found.

2. can i still do apps2sd? CM's wiki isn't updated to show info at version 6. I know on my old mytouch i just used amon_ra and used it to setup my ext3, i just used the recommeneded setting. Rom manager had a partition thing, it ask for ext size and swap size. what numbers should i use and will apps2sd automaticly do the transfer. I have a 8gb class6 right now going to 16gb class 6 soon.

3. screen shots, i saw a link to installing a screen shot thing using SDK, SDk will not work for me and i really dont care. I'm using a app called "shoot me" and it works for what i need its just the shutter noise everytime, i need to be quiet at work and in class. is there a app that can SS without noise?

4. overclock/underclock. I remember my old mytouch i had it like 700mhz screen on and 500mhz screen off. worked PERFECTLY. Since i ran the 720p wildmonk kernal that is 950mhz and 1190mhz. Is it doing it already? Or do i need to use something like overclock widget to do this..

Quote Originally Posted by turtle* View Post
    i've had my N1 for a while now. Since i was 2.2 thru tmobile i never cared to root and the one time i tried to setup SDK it didn't detect my phone i gave up. Read up a couple weeks about on one-click root and etc.

Thought great and well now i'm rooted and running CM6 using rom manager and clockwork.

1. how do i enable 720p video? Is it already on the Cm6? I did the wildmonk kernal and i expected to see a "high 720p(30m) but none was found.

2. can i still do apps2sd? CM's wiki isn't updated to show info at version 6. I know on my old mytouch i just used amon_ra and used it to setup my ext3, i just used the recommeneded setting. Rom manager had a partition thing, it ask for ext size and swap size. what numbers should i use and will apps2sd automaticly do the transfer. I have a 8gb class6 right now going to 16gb class 6 soon.

3. screen shots, i saw a link to installing a screen shot thing using SDK, SDk will not work for me and i really dont care. I'm using a app called "shoot me" and it works for what i need its just the shutter noise everytime, i need to be quiet at work and in class. is there a app that can SS without noise?

4. overclock/underclock. I remember my old mytouch i had it like 700mhz screen on and 500mhz screen off. worked PERFECTLY. Since i ran the 720p wildmonk kernal that is 950mhz and 1190mhz. Is it doing it already? Or do i need to use something like overclock widget to do this..
    1. It is already enabled in CM6. High(30m) is 720p Mode

2. This is done in Application Settings/Manage Applications. choose which app and in that menu there is an option to move to SD Card.

3. Try DroCap2 from the market.

4. Get SetCpu from the market, or it can be found for free if you are a member of XDA forums. Once you have that, Open up and hit the menu button. Choose "Device Selection" option and then choose "Autodetect" This will correctly detect your OC Kernel.

Does that answer your questions?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

Turtle to answer your questions

1. 720p is already enabled. If you click the first icon (holding horizontal), it's a scroll down menu. Scroll down and you will see 720p for video recording.

2. app2sd is already configured in to CM6. All you have to do is go to setting - applications - manage applications.

Remember with app2sd, to not move apps that widget supported or notification supported. If you did install a widget app and don't see it in the widget options, move your app back to phone and do a reboot. It will be there then. You can also set up setting to have it moved automatically or manually when you installed a new app.

3. You can use drocap2. I believe it will make a notification sound, but I think if your phone is silent it won't notify you. I'm not to knowledgeable on other screen shot apps. I'm sure someone else will also answer.

4. Download SetCPU from the Market. There's many ways you can have it set up. You use SetCPU to control the Max/Min of the MHZ. It's been recommended to stay below 1152 to avoid dragons. It's a must have if you have a Kernel that overclocks.

Let us know if you have more question. Slim and iPhoneSlayer are pretty resourceful in the kernel and SetCPU questions.

happy treading.
    Androidfied.

LOL!

Great Minds think alike
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

thanks you guys =D

i got the kernal from slim's sig, just thought it would of changed the label/option of "HIGH 30m" to "720p HIGH"

what are some optimal partitions for apps2sd? i think i remember doing a 512mb on the mytouch. the nexus's app storage space is about 200-256mb right? So 512mb on physical size but what should i put in "swap size" option

thanks you guys =D

i got the kernal from slim's sig, just thought it would of changed the label/option of "HIGH 30m" to "720p HIGH"

what are some optimal partitions for apps2sd? i think i remember doing a 512mb on the mytouch. the nexus's app storage space is about 200-256mb right? So 512mb on physical size but what should i put in "swap size" option
    Glad that Kernel worked good for ya!

No Need to partition SD with this setup. Froyo/CM6 does this automatically
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I got a weird issues, not sure where's coming from. My wifi works, I can get on Pandora, Market, update news and weather, I mean it' works, but some reason my wifi can't connect to the browsers anymore. I was using both Stock and Dolphin HD.

It's the weirdest thing. Also if I try to DL from the market using wifi it won't work.

Any suggestions?

I did a hard reset, took battery and sim card out and no luck
    Androidfied.

That is wierd,you could try clearing the cache for them.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    That is wierd,you could try clearing the cache for them.
    I think I tracked down the issue and it may be the Kernel. I'm running the 1113mhz Max'd and when I switched to the 1267 it started working again. I went back to the 1113 and same issue. I'm gonna go back to the 1267 and see if I'm just tripping.
    Androidfied.

I got the 1113 working well, wonder what our difference is. You could reflash the kernal, and wipe just cache before doing it.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links