CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

This is a discussion on CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by judeeg Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth One more thing Judeeg if you get everything working properly, have all your settings, widgets and what ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    One more thing Judeeg if you get everything working properly, have all your settings, widgets and what not. Do another Rom Backup.

Good luck. Sorry it's so long and hopefully not confusing.
    It is long and I appreciate such detail! Thank-You. I will be following your steps soon and will let you know what happens to me. lol

It is odd that Opera browser works and none of the others would,isn't it?

Ok. Thanks so much, will check back tonight or tomorrow with results.

Well my speculation is that the browser mentioned all used Flash or Flash enabled and Opera isn't.It is weird. I could browse Market but could download or install anything.

Youtube worked Pandora worked Facebook worked. All wifi related stuff worked except for stock browser and Dolphin HD.

I have no idea what it was.

I was so paranoid I didn't even use Titanium to backup. I reinstalled each app via the market except for the ones that were 3rd party loads. So you could imagine the time it took me to get right.

Next I do anther restore through Titanium I atleast know what you restore and what not.
    Androidfied.

One more thing Judeeg if you get everything working properly, have all your settings, widgets and what not. Do another Rom Backup.

Got it all done by your great instructions and all is working great again. The browsers are fine, maps are fine. Haven't checked out every single thing yet but will do that tomorrow. I did the one by one install as you did. I felt it would be the best way.

Thanks once again for taking the time to explain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post

Got it all done by your great instructions and all is working great again. The browsers are fine, maps are fine. Haven't checked out every single thing yet but will do that tomorrow. I did the one by one install as you did. I felt it would be the best way.

Thanks once again for taking the time to explain.
    No problems. We may be rivals on the battle field (HOOK EM) but we are all here to help one another.

Let me know if you got any issues in regards to this particular problem.
    Androidfied.

This might be a dumb question but what is the advantage of downloading Set Cpu from the market and overclocking vs installing a custom rom that already includes overclocking + 720 recording?

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    This might be a dumb question but what is the advantage of downloading Set Cpu from the market and overclocking vs installing a custom rom that already includes overclocking + 720 recording?
    Some kernels are able to OverClock higher than others. For example, CM6 comes with a kernel that can only be overclocked to 1113MHz. You can flash one of WildMonks kernels that can give you the ability to OverClock to 1113, 1190, 1256MHz, and etc.

OverClocking is set by the user for a better overall experience. It can contribute to higher FPS and less lag when switching screens or running a high-graphic game or high-volume of processes.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Has anyone noticed it taking a LONG time to get a GPS lock with CM6? When I was on the stock Froyo rom it was very quick in getting a lock and even indoors near a window it was pretty fast. Now with CM6 it will take ~5 minutes or so to get a lock even in an open space outdoors. GPS Status shows a few satellites and then slowly more but no lock on any of them for quite a while.

I've tried with both the stock radio and the Korean 5.08 radio...

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    Has anyone noticed it taking a LONG time to get a GPS lock with CM6? When I was on the stock Froyo rom it was very quick in getting a lock and even indoors near a window it was pretty fast. Now with CM6 it will take ~5 minutes or so to get a lock even in an open space outdoors. GPS Status shows a few satellites and then slowly more but no lock on any of them for quite a while.

I've tried with both the stock radio and the Korean 5.08 radio...
    Try this.
    Menu>Settings>Wireless & Network Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Select your carrier>APN type> default,supl,mms (no spaces)

People were having the same issues on xda
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...pl#post8060659
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links