Cm6!!

This is a discussion on Cm6!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Mixed opinions on that. How old is the nightly? Never hurts to wipe data/cache. Do a back up first if you ...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm6!!

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Mixed opinions on that. How old is the nightly? Never hurts to wipe data/cache. Do a back up first if you don't have a recent one including Titanium.

I always wipe data/cache and never had a problem.
    I too always wipe data/cache and no problem. I even wipe dalvik. I don't even know what is dalvik cache and why I suppose to wipe them

anyone pls enlighten me.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

It's all about programming and dalvik virual machine (VM). This explains it better than me:

From Cyanogen "When Android starts up, the DalvikVM looks thru all of your applications (.apk files) and frameworks, and builds a tree of dependencies. It uses this dependency tree to optimize the bytecode for every application and stores it in the Dalvik cache. The applications are then run using the optimized bytecode. This is why when you install a new ROM, sometimes it takes a very long time to boot for the first time. Any time an application (or framework library) changes, it's reoptimized and the cache is updated."

Obviously, it builds up and needs cleared occassionally like a drain.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    It's all about programming and dalvik virual machine (VM). This explains it better than me:

From Cyanogen "When Android starts up, the DalvikVM looks thru all of your applications (.apk files) and frameworks, and builds a tree of dependencies. It uses this dependency tree to optimize the bytecode for every application and stores it in the Dalvik cache. The applications are then run using the optimized bytecode. This is why when you install a new ROM, sometimes it takes a very long time to boot for the first time. Any time an application (or framework library) changes, it's reoptimized and the cache is updated."

Obviously, it builds up and needs cleared occassionally like a drain.
    Understood. Thanks.

p/s: i must've been very sleepy.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Whats all the fuss about CyanogenMod?
    From the site it tells me open source version of android presumably froyo 2.2.

Whats the advantage of this OS and who should install it?
    Would appreciate if some one could explain this.

Regards

There are threads all around you with this info
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

loving the stable version. anyone notice their battery lasting longer too?? i came from rc3 and the stable version is giving me better battery life :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

came from stock and gives me nice battery life... but for me might be more noticeable due to setcpu profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Happiboi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    EDIT: Damn you tempting ROM, I ended up rooting and installing Cyanogen I'm in the process of re-installing my apps now! FUN!
    Hehehe... enjoying it now? i love the rom... so much fun to play with.

Side note: why do you have to re-install the apps? I thought the TI Backups put all the apps back...?
    I'm not too sure, I went to TI backup and went restore all app and settings (something along those lines) and then it just kept prompting me to install my previous apps (from stock) one by one as well. I'm sure I did something wrong but hey its working now :D

Quote Originally Posted by VS007 View Post
    Whats all the fuss about CyanogenMod?
    From the site it tells me open source version of android presumably froyo 2.2.

Whats the advantage of this OS and who should install it?
    Would appreciate if some one could explain this.

Regards
    For me it was the little bells and whistles that stock lacked. Other phones with a UI overlay, have a few more features (e.g desire) but since the Nexus runs bare stock, it might be lacking in some departments

I wanted this one my Nexus:
    * Native touch focus on the camera (camera360 has touch focus, but its not as reliable), 720 recording and a few more settings in the camera app
    * A black notification bar
    * Sense UI clock (but this was crossed off the list after purchasing beautiul widgets on stock rom)
    * Unified trackball alert/settings menu (I had too many apps just to get the trackball flashing the way I want)
    *Trackball wake (nolock on the market unlocks the device rather than wake)

What do you know, Cyanogen does all that and heaps more

Did I brick my phone trying to install CM6 ? In ROM Manager I selected CM6 and selected the wipe option and continued. After the reboot I got this screen and it's been there about 15 minutes. No idea if I bricked my phone or if it's busy installing.

^ i got that screen a couple of times, i think it means FAIL =)

but all i did was battery pull and redid it again if it let me, if it didn't boot i would of just held volume down and turned it on, then go into recovery and manual select the CM6 to install.

I was pissed and scared the first time i got that too. You can always get back into recovery... and load a rom. if you didn't download/ cant find a rom, you can also download on your computer and then while in recovery mode you can mount the SD and drag drop and then install.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links