Cm6!!

This is a discussion on Cm6!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dd4005 Did I brick my phone trying to install CM6 ? In ROM Manager I selected CM6 and selected the wipe option ...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm6!!

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Did I brick my phone trying to install CM6 ? In ROM Manager I selected CM6 and selected the wipe option and continued. After the reboot I got this screen and it's been there about 15 minutes. No idea if I bricked my phone or if it's busy installing.

I got that once too... i just power+vol+track ball = reset and it restarts back into normal boot... then went through the process of install rom from SD card again.. no biggie.. scared the sh!t out of me at first but nothing that was a show stopper..

xxxxx xxxxxx look how light your trackball is I've got a dark trackball and I hate it because the colours won't be as bright on a black trackball than a light white one gggrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Grathius View Post
    Jesus christ look how light your trackball is I've got a dark trackball and I hate it because the colours won't be as bright on a black trackball than a light white one gggrrrrr
    It's just a trick of the light. Sun was shining in. I think it's just normal grey color.

I just joined the ranks with CM6 the other day too. I also had a problem installing it, but the second time around it worked like a charm. I'm still getting around learning all the mods, but I was at least able to get the black themed task bar at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by VS007 View Post
    Whats all the fuss about CyanogenMod?
    From the site it tells me open source version of android presumably froyo 2.2.

Whats the advantage of this OS and who should install it?
    Would appreciate if some one could explain this.

Regards
    For me it was the little bells and whistles that stock lacked. Other phones with a UI overlay, have a few more features (e.g desire) but since the Nexus runs bare stock, it might be lacking in some departments

I wanted this one my Nexus:
    * Native touch focus on the camera (camera360 has touch focus, but its not as reliable), 720 recording and a few more settings in the camera app
    * A black notification bar
    * Sense UI clock (but this was crossed off the list after purchasing beautiul widgets on stock rom)
    * Unified trackball alert/settings menu (I had too many apps just to get the trackball flashing the way I want)
    *Trackball wake (nolock on the market unlocks the device rather than wake)

What do you know, Cyanogen does all that and heaps more
    Thanks for your response!

Quote Originally Posted by Berig View Post
    I just joined the ranks with CM6 the other day too. I also had a problem installing it, but the second time around it worked like a charm. I'm still getting around learning all the mods, but I was at least able to get the black themed task bar at the top.
    Welcome Aboard,

Great job on first attempt!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Not sure if it's part of CM6 but I remember the sound on/off slider on the lockscreen used to have 2 slide effects. One slide for vibrate only and another for silent (no sound or vibrate). Now my lockscreen slider only has one option which is vibrate only.

I tried going into the sound settings and set the vibrate option to vibrate "only when not in silent mode," but that only left me with one slider option which is complete silence (no sound and vibrate).

Any ideas?

I don't remeber that, been rooted for awhilw and use no-lock.

Sorry!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You may have noticed that CM6 doesn't confirm the voice commands via bluetooth, which sucks... not sure exactly what number it's dialing. You can get it back by reverting to a slightly older version. Instructions are here:

Bluetooth Voice Commands Missing in CM6? - CyanogenMod Forum

That doesn't seem to work for the nexus one. Read the whole thread first, before you try it. As of my reading, no one had N1 success.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links