Have I rooted properly?

This is a discussion on Have I rooted properly? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Glad you got you got it ewan2010, enjoy....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have I rooted properly?

Glad you got you got it ewan2010, enjoy.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The 'new' phone seems to be working great, nice and zippy! Is there a way I can see just how speedy it is?

Quote Originally Posted by ewan2010 View Post
    The 'new' phone seems to be working great, nice and zippy! Is there a way I can see just how speedy it is?
    Get from the market:

Quadrant benchmark

Linpack
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Slim,

What a great success story ewan2010 was.

Happy for you ewan.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yes that turned out great!

Viva la Root Gang!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

AAAAARARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Root and Cyanogen 6.0 was installed, and working. Now my phone has gone completely gaga. I've had to Un-Root, Uninstall and go back to the basic 2.2.
    The screen freezes. Apps don't work. If I wait until the phone locks and then unlock it to try to get an app to work, it doesn't and I have to take the battery out regularly. Oh, and when I connect to my pc (Win7) I'm asked to scan the disk and even then it doesn't transfer all the time!
    GGGRRRRRRRRR

The Root and Cyanogen 6.0 was installed, and working. Now my phone has gone completely gaga. I've had to Un-Root, Uninstall and go back to the basic 2.2.
    The screen freezes. Apps don't work. If I wait until the phone locks and then unlock it to try to get an app to work, it doesn't and I have to take the battery out regularly. Oh, and when I connect to my pc (Win7) I'm asked to scan the disk and even then it doesn't transfer all the time!
    GGGRRRRRRRRR
    What is the meaning of "complete gaga"?? Have you done any nandroid backup after flashing CM6? If you do, just restore it. What is the need of unroot it?

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

GGGRRRRRRRRR
    Well.... since so many of us are rooted and running CM6, I'd say that there is a problem with your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    GGGRRRRRRRRR
    Well.... since so many of us are rooted and running CM6, I'd say that there is a problem with your phone.
    Yup, most of the root gangs is on CM6 and so far has been great. Of course there were some hiccups somewhere along the way but it can be solved. Normally, if I would assumed that "gaga" thing occured due to forgot-to-wipe error. But I got this confused feeling, the korean radio came with the CM6 or he flashed it afterward?

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

I would love it if if my phone could stay unrooted and as it was when it was working, but I don't see that happening (sad face). What is the best, and easiest way to get it back to square 1?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links