[Recovery] Amon_Ra 1.8.0

This is a discussion on [Recovery] Amon_Ra 1.8.0 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Yea, you have to run SDK/ADB, I hate it. Got it here as a .zip and installed thru rom manager and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Recovery] Amon_Ra 1.8.0

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Yea, you have to run SDK/ADB, I hate it.

Got it here as a .zip and installed thru rom manager and "Install Rom from SD Card. I just put it in the SD Card "download" folder, but you could just put it on the root of the card.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

dl to pc or phone and copy to sd card, install as mentioned above.

It installed a little quirkey with the Android out of the box for a minute. But did install.
    Ahh that's too much to do!

I just did it through windows prompt just now and it works (sorry for all the trouble, lol!). Boots to recovery mode fine, and did a nAndroid back up

Thanks for all the help, I hate flashing images because it's such a headache, thanks again!

ok, i hate the window comand prompt, maybe i make it harder than it is.

I got to put img in tools folder, fastboot phone, get to tools from command prompt, get to adb and hope i got all the syntax right.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

why are some of you guys still updating by adb? i flashed cm6 and the new recovery by terminal emulator. i also don't get why some of you have amon_ra AND clockworkmod
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

adb is what I started with to initially unlock and root. I had amon_ra on phone before I got RM/CWM, so both are there. amon_ra to me is still more stable, never failed.

Question, since I have you and haven't got it answered anywhere yet:

Want to flash 1.8 thru Term Emul. Agree why use adb if TE will do it. I have CWMod now. When I flash 1.8 will it then show 1.8 in the Flash Alternate Recovery box on the RM main page. Not sure how CWMod does the Alt Recovery, since I had 1.7 alraedy on phone.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    adb is what I started with to initially unlock and root. I had amon_ra on phone before I got RM/CWM, so both are there. amon_ra to me is still more stable, never failed.

Question, since I have you and haven't got it answered anywhere yet:

Want to flash 1.8 thru Term Emul. Agree why use adb if TE will do it. I have CWMod now. When I flash 1.8 will it then show 1.8 in the Flash Alternate Recovery box on the RM main page. Not sure how CWMod does the Alt Recovery, since I had 1.7 alraedy on phone.
    never had cwmod...even when i had nightlies and cm6 i would delete it after each flash. some people over at xda have been saying it still shows 1.7 even after they flash 1.8 i'm strictly amon_ra since i too find it more stable on my n1 and my girls mt3g

Interesting,

Was wondering how it would work. Do you have that thread? It would be interesting to see what it shows when you flash to Amon, then boot into recovery.

May stick with 1.7, it works perfectly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

from xda
    Quote Originally Posted by Amon_RA View Post
    I'll release a newer recovery for the N1 here on XDA soon (toggle verification, etc...) , this recovery was a custom one for AW...
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [Recovery] Amon_Ra has 1.8.0.1 and doesnt tell

Well, I did flash 1.8.0 thru Term Emul. Worked fine, thanks for the instructions SubyWill.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Well it didn't work. I flashed it and rebooted and it came up 1.8 with a blue recovery screen. I rebooted and it showed 1.7 under Rom Manager and when I flash it thru RM and manually it is back to the green screen and 1.7.0.1. Same as it was.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

OK, I am noobie.

Had to flash into 1.7.0.1 thru Rom Manager. Then flash 1.8.0. It now boots into 1.8.0 thru Rom Mgr. Although main screen still shows 1.7.0.1.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links