[Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion.

This is a discussion on [Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was having the SMS notification issue as well. I did a wipe and put on the 9112010 nightly. Its working fine now. Sent from ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion.

I was having the SMS notification issue as well. I did a wipe and put on the 9112010 nightly. Its working fine now.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Good advice from Slim on backups. But, most nightlies run fine for most folks. Don't think I have had any real problems with them. You just every now and then find a new toy to play with on them.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I know everyone loves CM6. I'm not sure if I never found the right kernel combo or maybe ADW launcher just wasn't for me. but I always had little problems. first off is battery. I think it is an established fact that CM6 eats battery way more than 5. now I got my N1 in July and have never ran anything other than froyo. I rooted pretty much right away and started playing with roms and just assumed the n1 battery was no where near my iPhone 4. that is simply not the case. I am on a Desire Sense Rom and unplugged for 16 hours with heavy fantasy football use and I'm still at 55%. with CM6 I would run all the way down to 10% after 12 hours daily.
    Second problem I had was smoothness of home screen scrolling. At first I thought maybe launcher plus was the problem. Then I had the same problem with ADW. Screen switching would lag just a split second behind my finger. Not everytime. Mostly just the first time then the system would catch up. Maybe I'm nit picking. But now I have evil d desire Rom and it is smooth like butter.
    I don't really like the dialer on sense. The widgets are great and it overall is the icing on the froyo cake. So far, I love it. If only for the fact that I can literally use my phone for twice as long.

FYI. I'm running 1.13 of the evil d rom. I've "heard" that 1.14 has some slight issues. Of course 1.15 is probably out now. Frankly, this has kept me so happy, I'm not flashing again until someone figures out fm tuner transmitter. Oh yeah... fm tuner works.

Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730290

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I know everyone loves CM6. I'm not sure if I never found the right kernel combo or maybe ADW launcher just wasn't for me. but I always had little problems. first off is battery. I think it is an established fact that CM6 eats battery way more than 5. now I got my N1 in July and have never ran anything other than froyo. I rooted pretty much right away and started playing with roms and just assumed the n1 battery was no where near my iPhone 4. that is simply not the case. I am on a Desire Sense Rom and unplugged for 16 hours with heavy fantasy football use and I'm still at 55%. with CM6 I would run all the way down to 10% after 12 hours daily.
    Second problem I had was smoothness of home screen scrolling. At first I thought maybe launcher plus was the problem. Then I had the same problem with ADW. Screen switching would lag just a split second behind my finger. Not everytime. Mostly just the first time then the system would catch up. Maybe I'm nit picking. But now I have evil d desire Rom and it is smooth like butter.
    I don't really like the dialer on sense. The widgets are great and it overall is the icing on the froyo cake. So far, I love it. If only for the fact that I can literally use my phone for twice as long.

FYI. I'm running 1.13 of the evil d rom. I've "heard" that 1.14 has some slight issues. Of course 1.15 is probably out now. Frankly, this has kept me so happy, I'm not flashing again until someone figures out fm tuner transmitter. Oh yeah... fm tuner works.

Thanks for this info! I am checking into this. My battery doesn't last all day anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Now I have a question. You said the launchers were giving you trouble. I use ADW and Launcher Pro.

1.Which launcher do you use with this rom?
    2. Do you like Evil d Desire better than Desire Sense?
    Thank-You for the info.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

nickshertzer,

FYI, 1.15 is out. Thinking about 1.13 it seems most stable. Does flash, tethering, bluetooth and everything work on 1.13? I read something about 1.14 (problems) updating streaming video.

Did you try cubanase theme. I don't think I can run Elegant Steel that I got now on it.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I am so glad I saw this post from you! I love this ROM! I flashed "eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink"
    It is so nice, I have been playing with it all night. I thought there was a lot on CM6.0 N1 but I think this one has it beat, so far anyway. It is fast and so smooth! I love it! Going back to play more now. Still finding my way around this one..Thanks for letting us know about this..

Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I used the unthemed 1.13. It is a 2.2 Froyo ROM with HTC Sense. Flash 10.1 works. Flash for the camera works. BT works (with one touch dialing). WiFi tethering works. I haven't tried usb tethering and think I read that it is not working yet. I haven't had any trouble streaming video, even have that NFL mobile apk working. I know that 1.14 had an issue with the "camcorder" app not working properly, I do not have that problem. 1.15 is supposed to fix it. I usually need to find a compelling reason to flash a new release (especially after dealing with some troublesome CM6 nightlies).

The auto light sensor does not work. You have to manually adjust the brightness. Not a deal breaker for me. I hate the auto light sensor anyway. It always just messes with my eyes while I'm reading.

Biggest problem is that the ROM and all the HTC Sense UI stuff is HUGE and takes up so much space. I couldn't just restore all of my apps from Titanium. Had to install one at a time and move to SD, and even then had to make some cuts to the lineup.

This is the first Sense ROM I have tried. In fact, I'm pretty new to this. I have used stock, CM6 RC1, RC2, and RC3. RC3 was so stable for me, I never went to the official CM6 release. So to answer Judeeg:
    1. I use the default Sense launcher with this ROM
    2. I haven't used another Desire Sense ROM

New nightlies have longpress back button to kill apps. Also the battery life with the kernal it comes with is awesome!

Also has Quite Times in the new nightlies.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Man these nightlies look very appealing. Just don't want to give up my flavored Ice theme. Come on CM6.1!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links