[Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion.

This is a discussion on [Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; No need to wipe when going from nightly to nightly because then it's a hassle just getting everything back the way it was and i ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [Nightlies] CM6 Nightlies Discussion.

No need to wipe when going from nightly to nightly because then it's a hassle just getting everything back the way it was and i never had a problem with it before hand.. It started with the nightly before the dates changed to the numbering system..

I always update to the latest nightly once a week.

Here's the forum, you probably already frequent it. But, some do have problems if they don't wipe and if you are updating once a week that may be too long in between. Link is to first page of forum. I was on the nightlies for quite some time and occasionally people had to wipe. Did you try the gapps link I posted. There were problems going to new gmail without deleting the old first.

[Nightlies] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum

BTW what launcher are you using? LauncherPro has a backup that puts all screens back to the way they were. The whole flashing to back up and running 15 min. Also, MyBackUpPro has an Android Homescreen backup that will do the same. Haven't tried that but dev says it will work.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Well the current nightly I'm on 20th of September I might just stick do no problems on my end what so ever until CM6.1 is released which is apparently soon ?

That way I can just wipe the phone and such and start fresh!!

Ok,

If you are bored in the meantime try eVil's rom. It is sense ui and is better run if you partition sd and install Dark Tremor to move apps to sd and manage the ext.

[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [10/02/10] - xda-developers

[Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.1 (09/23/2010) - xda-developers

There is a thread in this forum on the eVil roms.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...chen-sink.html

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

ahah yeah I've been on the idea of trying out different ROMs but currently I've got a good thing going on with this nightly and CM6. My battery probably isn't the best but it's not draining like it used to nor are apps other than heavy 3d games eating it up.

So for now will just let it be until CM 6.1 If 6.1 isn't anything different from what we got now and only features minimal improvements then I might look at flashing another ROm that is better don't know

Well, come on and visit us when ready. I found CM kinda vanilla after awhile. I am on eVil's sense 1.20, stable and the Tron theme I have is awesome. The HD Desire Sense rom will be ready soon. Sense widgets are great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I flashed CM6 Nightly #188 10/5/2010 and loving the battery life. Finally! Overclocked userspace to 1113mhz

Not sure why DT a2sd isn't installed by default with CM6... It really should be. I have a 512mb ext3 partition, so I d/l dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-alt-signed.zip from here:
    [Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010) - xda-developers

flashed via clockworkmod recovery, reboot, ran terminal
    su
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd
    reboot

and I went from 30MB internal storage free to 150MB! (yes, I restore about 85 apps via Titanium when switching between ROMs).

CM6 Nightly #188 10/5 is FRG81. Reboot is not the "Quick Boot" but noticeably faster by a lot. It is 2.2.1 Build FRG83 and built in Kernel 2.6.35.6-cyanogenmod does 720p and oc/uv 1113mhz.

I forgot how much I like the power widget, and a lot of work has gone into it since CM6R3 (my last version of CM).

I also installed HTC IME keyboard, cause one you get used to a keyboard, well... you know. From here: [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

Nick,

Things have slowed down a bit here with the sense roms out. I will keep eVil's 1.20 and Tron Theme as my daily. Zero problems. But, will play with the two MIUI's out and try CM's latest you linked. Just get itchy after awhile to try something different. The MIUI's don't seem stable enough for daily use as they are new.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

FM Radio is now available on Nightly 203. I'll try it out tomorrow.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links