Do I Really Need to Recover After Unlocking?

This is a discussion on Do I Really Need to Recover After Unlocking? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; How are you able to put a Verizon Sim card in. Verizon runs on a CDMA network, and don't use sims cards....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I Really Need to Recover After Unlocking?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    How are you able to put a Verizon Sim card in. Verizon runs on a CDMA network, and don't use sims cards.
    Androidfied.

Also you should had waited till T Mobile released the G2. It's basically the Nexus with a keyboard. Wouldn't have to have come out extra to cancel you contract.
    Androidfied.

Haupia,

You will have no problem selling it. May get offers here. Doesn't your sim have personal info on it. You may want to start a thread here and on XDA forums just about the sim and your selling. Got to be a way of clearing it. As I mentioned earlier you can export the contacts on it thru contact options. That may be all you need to do.

I don't care for swype that much. I came from 6-7 years of BB also and swore nothing could beat it. I was wrong. Typing is easy after awhile. I learned on my phone to tap the keys a little left of center. Vlingo is a good voice to text app for email, or anywhere you type. I will not go back to a qwerty hard keyboard.

Good Luck on whatever you decide,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Haupia,

You will have no problem selling it. May get offers here. Doesn't your sim have personal info on it. You may want to start a thread here and on XDA forums just about the sim and your selling. Got to be a way of clearing it. As I mentioned earlier you can export the contacts on it thru contact options. That may be all you need to do.

I don't care for swype that much. I came from 6-7 years of BB also and swore nothing could beat it. I was wrong. Typing is easy after awhile. I learned on my phone to tap the keys a little left of center. Vlingo is a good voice to text app for email, or anywhere you type. I will not go back to a qwerty hard keyboard.

Good Luck on whatever you decide,

Ken
    I don't think a SIM can be wiped for reuse. I believe they are encoded by the carrier for a specific number and will become locked if altered. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they are encoded by the carrier specifically for a number assigned to it.

Besides it's best to just sell the phone w/o the sim. Most likely if a person is buying the phone would have his own sim with his own info on it.

If you want to sell on this site, please make sure to use the Off Topic Forum to post the sell.

Also I'm sure a Developer will be quick to buy the phone as well.
    Androidfied.

Truth,

You are probably right. I have been with my current carrier for 12 years, so haven't had to deal with sims. But, the new owner can get a sim from the carrier. So, yes. Your idea is the best way to proceed.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Also you should had waited till T Mobile released the G2. It's basically the Nexus with a keyboard. Wouldn't have to have come out extra to cancel you contract.
    I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon because T-Mobile just sucked when I was at work which is in a 23 floor building in downtown. No bars at all. I had to walk outside of the building to receive/send anything. Not only in this building but in my last work place too. Now on my Verizon I can text and talk on the phone even in my elevator which T-Mo would have said 'no service'. If T-Mo had reception like Verizon I would have definitely gone for the G2.

As far as the SIM card goes, I meant SD card. Whatever that little card with 4G on it - it's a micro SD card, yes. So Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Haupia View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Remember to Pay it forward!

Yea, it is too bad Verizon turned down the N1, or I may be with them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links