Help Going Back to Stock

This is a discussion on Help Going Back to Stock within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok. So my phone is a full fledged member of the Root Gang. ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1-RC3 (I know... stable has been out for a while) ...

Thread: Help Going Back to Stock

Question Help Going Back to Stock

Ok. So my phone is a full fledged member of the Root Gang.
    ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7
    CyanogenMod-6.0.0-N1-RC3 (I know... stable has been out for a while)
    WildMonks Kernal: 2.6.35-950mV-CFS-SVS-AIX-Monks-080710-TEST
    Baseband: 32.36.00.28H_4.0.06.00.12_7
    (Locked Bootloader)

How do I get everything back to stock? Not that I want a stock FRF91 necessarily, but I do want to go through the process at least once. That way I can be ready for OTA Gingerbread whenever that happens.

I did do a nandroid backup using AmonRA (don't remember which version) when I first rooted. Also did a nandroid with Clockwork mod before flashing WildMonks kernal (was running CM6 at the time). Hopefully that didn't overwrite my original nandroid (although I do have an full SD card backup on my computer )

So... my question is: How does one go back to a full stock image that would receive an OTA update?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just some searching!

Get image here:

HTC - Developer Center

Instructions here:

[ROM] Original Shipping - Tutorial - xda-developers.

Don't download the latest nightlies that have FRG33 in them. As of now, it is a lot harder to go back.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Supposedly, you can do it thru Rom Manager also. There is a stock frf91 option.

Download Rom/Stock Images
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

But what about the stock kernal? Is that what the developer.htc.com link has here: http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...0713_FRF91.zip

Or is that the entire system image?

Also, I have a locked bootloader, and I think maybe the steps "fastboot flash system system.img" require unlocked bootloader...

As of now, I think you are going to have to unlock the bootloader. One of the drawbacks to the one-click unroot. I may be wrong, but haven't found an alternative yet.

Not sure about the Rom Manager method. But another member here had to unlock. I think he looked into RM before he did it. Not sure. Nandroid first.

Also, shorty after Gingerbread is out, there will be Custom Roms for it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

When you flash a stock ROM, you will go back to the kernel it has. For example, when I flashed CM6 STABLE RELEASE, I went from my WildMonk 1256 MHz Kernel to Cyanogens Pershoot kernel.

http://android.modaco.com/content/go...nsecure-himem/

EDIT: rugmankc is right. After Gingerbread is released, Custom ROMS will soon follow. Shoot, I've even seen where ROMS were made before the release of an OS. It's happened before and I'm sure we'll see a ROM for Gingerbread before it's official release.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

rugmankc - I rooted using this method: [Tutorial] Root Without Unlocking (Alternative way for all ROMs Vodafone,Korean,US) - xda-developers
    Probably the same as "one click root" but step by step using adb. I definitely do not plan on unlocking my bootloader as I've already had to make a warranty repair once on my N1 (that I got July 20th... the day the store closed )

Sheanzy - that is exactly what I was wondering. I thought when I first installed CM6 that the kernel name was different, but wasn't paying close enough attention. Thank you!

Nick,

I may have misunderstood your post. I thought you had frg33 on phone. That is where I have seen people have trouble downgrading if they used the one-click method. I am not familiar with the method you used thru adb. It is not the one-click described here. But, seems to get the same end result. It may or may not restrict you in some things on the phone. So far the downgrading from frg33 is the only problem I have seen. But, am sure it will be worked out soon just like custom roms for Gingerbread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links