Flashing korean radio

This is a discussion on Flashing korean radio within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Still contemplating on flashing the korean radio, but I guess even after reading a bunch about it I am still a chicken#$%*. I mean my ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Flashing korean radio

Still contemplating on flashing the korean radio, but I guess even after reading a bunch about it I am still a chicken#$%*.

I mean my N1 is running awesome with Rod's MIUI and I am getting awesome benchmarks and great battery life. Wifi seems to work great as well as hotspot. Really, is there still a need to flash? I mean I have always lived by the saying "If it ain't broke then don't fix it".

Am I alone or are there still others out there holding out from flashing a new radio?

DG
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

I only flashed a new radio so I could try out some different roms that required it. My experience has been very good. I really don't know if my performance has improved at all. I think it might have in some situations but I really don't know. It certainly has not gone down at all.

If having a new radio is something that will make you happy then go for it. If not then continue enjoy your current radio.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Which radio do you have DG

Here's a link for both Korean ones. I read as Nimblor some roms recommend them as you already know. Flashed 8 and 12 no issues. What's nice is they are both zips not img files. So, I just flashed from sdcard like a rom, no wipe.

Don't be an "aseems", go for it. Just kidding aseems, good buddy

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Which radio do you have DG

Here's a link for both Korean ones. I read as Nimblor some roms recommend them as you already know. Flashed 8 and 12 no issues. What's nice is they are both zips not img files. So, I just flashed from sdcard like a rom, no wipe.

Don't be an "aseems", go for it. Just kidding aseems, good buddy

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Ken
    Ken,

Too funny. I have 4.06.00.12.7. I believe its the stock radio.

DragonGunner

DG,

It may be stock, just depends when you bought phone. For some reason I think I had the one before it. Really ought to upgrade though. I would go straight to .12. I have no issues. If I can do it anybody can do it. I think it was more of an issue when they were in .img format as far as problems flashing.

I did have a wierd issue last nite, not radio though. I pressed power button to bring up option screen and selected Power Off. It did it's thing but stuck on "Powering Off" screen. Had to pull battery. First time for that.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    DG,

It may be stock, just depends when you bought phone. For some reason I think I had the one before it. Really ought to upgrade though. I would go straight to .12. I have no issues. If I can do it anybody can do it. I think it was more of an issue when they were in .img format as far as problems flashing.

I did have a wierd issue last nite, not radio though. I pressed power button to bring up option screen and selected Power Off. It did it's thing but stuck on "Powering Off" screen. Had to pull battery. First time for that.

Ken
    Thanks for the encouragement Ken. I finally upgraded to .12. Seems to be working ok. Actually was quite painless and quicker than I thought. Still gets your heart beating a little quicker. Sort of like flashing roms for the first time. Us Nexus users are like adrenaline junkies when it comes to this stuff I guess.

Have a good one.

DG

DragonGunner

Glad you got it. There is so much out there about bricking phone when flashing radio, it does make me a little nervous. But, yes it takes like 3 seconds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I was in the same boat as you today Dragongunner....I was on the fence all day and finally decided after checking MD5sums like 10 times to just do it...I almost panicked when my recovery showed just the Android jumping out of the box with an arrow and nothing seemed to be happening...then it all went ahead as normal. PHEW! So far the new radio seems ok, no glitches, ran a few speed tests and they seem ok, hard to say if they are better but they are at the very least no worse. Like you said I think once you start flashing recoveries and ROM's you turn into a junkie! I'm just happy it worked out for both of us....
    Nexus One (AT&T version)
    ROM: SuperOSR-ST@-Nexus-2.2.0-AW
    Radio: 5.12.00.08
    HBOOT: 0.35.0017
    [b]Recovery:4EXT Recovery Control
    Rooted using: Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5
    SD Card: 16GB Class 4 SD, 1GB Ext4

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Am I alone or are there still others out there holding out from flashing a new radio?
    I'm chicken$#!# also! My radio is 5.08 because it came from HTC warranty replacement that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Galloway View Post
    Like you said I think once you start flashing recoveries and ROM's you turn into a junkie!
    Ha! Phone crack!

I know what you guys mean, when the little dude was just out of the box i was just about to lose it, but for everyone wondering what the changes are i did a speed test before going to 5.08, then again before going to 5.12

Old radio: 19kbps down/ 12kbps up
    5.08: 54kbps down/ 38kbps up
    5.12: 80kbps down/ 49kbps up

I have always had pretty bad data service in my house where i did these tests so it's gonna be nice have the faster speeds. Also I am on T-mobile.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links