Flashing korean radio

This is a discussion on Flashing korean radio within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere how to flash a radio. I want to try to korean radio really bad, but ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing korean radio

Flashing korean radio

So. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere how to flash a radio. I want to try to korean radio really bad, but am also afraid of bricking my phone.

Anyone know a link to the korean radio, and actually how to flash it? Can I use Rom Manager to do it? Will the korean radio run with Cyanogen 6?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here's a link to the xda forum that is dedicated to the Korean Radio.

[RADIO] New N1 Radio 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04 - xda-developers

Happy Hunting and Good Luck.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Have you flashed it? Does it work well? Better reception?

Gonna lose my mind going through 52 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Have you flashed it? Does it work well? Better reception?

Gonna lose my mind going through 52 pages!
    No, I haven't flashed it.
    Flashing a radio can brick your phone. You gotta do as much research as you can. People have had various results with the korean radio. I think you should read the that thread then decide if you want to flash it or not.

EDIT:
    Judeeg has flashed the korean radio. You may want to PM him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about the FRG33 rom that leaked out? Heard that had the korean radio with it. If I flash that rom, will the radio be updated as well? Than I can just change rom? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    What about the FRG33 rom that leaked out? Heard that had the korean radio with it. If I flash that rom, will the radio be updated as well? Than I can just change rom? Haha
    You could try that. I haven't done any research on FRG33, so I couldn't tell you if it will work or not. If you try it, lemme know if it worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I haven't noticed any change whatsoever using the Korean radio vs the stock one. FRG33 is included in the latest CM6 nightlies. No major changes there either.

Agree with Kieth, I have tried them both. Still have the radio but not frg33. Went back to CM6 Stable. No noticeable advantages to either. There is some issue with one-click roots that if you go to frg33 you can't go back to stock. I rooted old way so don't know. They say you would have to unlock bootloader old way and then flash back. Again, I have no accurate knowledge of these claims.

Flashing a radio image:

This page has a .zip you can flash thru recovery that I used:

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

This is how to flash the image version from ADB or Term Emulator:

fastboot flash radio radio-"exact name".img Insert the exact name of the radio from the image file you dl. I have no .img links. So make sure what ever you do you make sure whether it is .zip or .img. This is where, as iPhoneSlayer said, you can brick phone. I think the links in his post are .zips and if you want to flash thru ADB/TE you will have to extract the radio.img and place somewhere on your phone like root of SD if TE or in your SDK tools folder if thru SDK/ADB command shell. I am not good at that so take my instructions with a grain of salt and research. You may want to scan the whole XDA thread.

Easiest is just to do the .zip They say in iPhoneSlayers link it has no HBOOT. Not sure what that means to you. I have had no problems.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I flashed the korean radio thru rom manager the same way u flash a rom an i didnt c any difference so i flashed the old one back. Also im stayin away from frg33 cause ive heard that theres some issues like no paid apps in the market an the 1 click root doesnt work plus i dont think its even an offical google build cause i havnt heard anything about it from google but u can flash the latest cm nightlies they have frg33 in them

Quote Originally Posted by chris6278 View Post
    I flashed the korean radio thru rom manager the same way u flash a rom an i didnt c any difference so i flashed the old one back. Also im stayin away from frg33 cause ive heard that theres some issues like no paid apps in the market an the 1 click root doesnt work plus i dont think its even an offical google build cause i havnt heard anything about it from google but u can flash the latest cm nightlies they have frg33 in them
    Was is a .zip? Did you just put it on your sd card and go into rom manager and flash it, and it worked? People in my area have the korean radio and says its a HUGE difference in my area, so I want to give it a shot. It's extremely spotty here and they say it helps make it more stable. Just afraid of bricking. So, I can flash back to stock radio if I don't like it also?

Thank you rugmankc also for the informative post. I am doing as much research as possible!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links