Messed up my CM6/ADW Launcher settings

This is a discussion on Messed up my CM6/ADW Launcher settings within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone an expert on the ideal settings for the ADW Launcher in terms of when you're navigating between desktop screens? I usually touch the little ...

Thread: Messed up my CM6/ADW Launcher settings

Messed up my CM6/ADW Launcher settings

Anyone an expert on the ideal settings for the ADW Launcher in terms of when you're navigating between desktop screens? I usually touch the little dots at the bottom of the screen to navigate left or right to another desktop screen. When I first modded to CM6 last week, the navigation was fine. Somehow I've messed it up (or it messed itself up) so that now when I press on those little dots, it takes what seems like a whole second before the next desktop screen shows up. I'm configured with 6 screens of 5x4 icons if that makes a difference.

I want it so that when I press those dots, I immediately see the desktop page change. Maybe a quarter-second animation perhaps, but not like it is now "nothing at all and then one second later it suddenly changes".
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What have you tried to do to fix it, you didn't say. There should be Restore Defaults setting in the Settings menu for ADW. Or, choices to change the scrolling speeds. I have LauncherPro not ADW, but it should be similar.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    What have you tried to do to fix it, you didn't say. There should be Restore Defaults setting in the Settings menu for ADW. Or, choices to change the scrolling speeds. I have LauncherPro not ADW, but it should be similar.
    Yeah there's a Reset ADW settings option but I'm concerned that if I choose that, I'll lose my customised 4x5x6 layout (instead of the usual 4x4x5).

I'm hoping someone knows the perfect settings for each option that affects the desktop page navigations (probably only 4 or 5 of them). I only see two options and I've tried a range of values for both. They are "Desktop Scrolling Speed" which apparently is better when it's lower, and "Desktop Overshoot" which again is better lower.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Figured it out. D'oh !! The key is that if you change any of the animation speed values you need to choose "Restart ADW" to see the effect of the changes. I was trying a whole range of values to no effect, and that's because I hadn't been restarting. Once I figured that out it was easy to find the right speed for me :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links