Icons acting weird

This is a discussion on Icons acting weird within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi All. This morning I rooted (1 click method) my wifes Nexus One. All went well with the installation of CM6 final build. I reset ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icons acting weird

Icons acting weird

Hi All.

This morning I rooted (1 click method) my wifes Nexus One. All went well with the installation of CM6 final build.

I reset her Launcher Pro home screen (performed a restore from previous point) and noticed that her icon apps were little green android guys in a white box. I then dropped all the icons into the trash and replaced the icons in their positions, but when I was doing so something strange happened (never happened to my phone before):

* A box appears and says edit shortcut allowing me to change the name of the icon.

No big deal I thought cool she must have installed something on her own at some point but she says she never did. Once all icons were set and I rebooted her phone and when it re-booted all her icons had switched back to the little green android guy in a white box instead of the normal looking icon.

I have looked into all that I know and cant figure it out. I would really appreciate any assistance or input into this minor dilemma that I am facing.

Thanks in advance.

Best
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Maybe it was from when you restored the previous setup with LauncherPro. Have you tried resetting the defaults in LP?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Maybe it was from when you restored the previous setup with LauncherPro. Have you tried resetting the defaults in LP?
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried as suggested but still the same. When I add an icon I still have the ability to change the name of the icon. What program could that be? Also when I reboot the icons revert back to the android guy in a white box. Grrrrr.

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried as suggested but still the same. When I add an icon I still have the ability to change the name of the icon. What program could that be? Also when I reboot the icons revert back to the android guy in a white box. Grrrrr.
    Hmm thats weird. The rename Icon option is part of LP. You flashed the Google addon for the GAPPS correct?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hmm thats weird. The rename Icon option is part of LP. You flashed the Google addon for the GAPPS correct?
    Yes. In fact this began to happen, now that I think of it before I flashed CM6 this morning. Last night I installed LP, Titanium backup and rom manager so I could flash this morning then gave the phone back to my wife. When I set up her LP this morning before the CM6 flash I noticed the problem. Sorry for the confusion.

DragonGunner

Yes. In fact this began to happen, now that I think of it before I flashed CM6 this morning. Last night I installed LP, Titanium backup and rom manager so I could flash this morning then gave the phone back to my wife. When I set up her LP this morning before the CM6 flash I noticed the problem. Sorry for the confusion.
    So this was happening with the Stock launcher too?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I will give that a try and post back (off to grocery store for the next 45 min). Thanks Slice.

DragonGunner

I will give that a try and post back (off to grocery store for the next 45 min). Thanks Slice.
    I uninstalled LP and the problem did not exist with the stock launcher. As soon as I re-installed LP same as described in post #1.

DragonGunner

Try ADW launcher for an alternative to LP. Awesome theme options on that Launcher.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Try ADW launcher for an alternative to LP. Awesome theme options on that Launcher.
    Thanks a bunch. Personally I never tried ADW but I may myself. Wife says she loves LP and will stick with it as she wants a minimalistic theme. She took off all the icons and set them up in the dock. Problem solved I guess. Still irks me though that I can't figure it out. Thanks for your help and input. Much appreciated.

DragonGunner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links