[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by gezza Also I assume 1.9 will be available soon, so should I wait? Ha! :rofl3: If you waited until this dev was ...

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Also I assume 1.9 will be available soon, so should I wait?
    Ha! :rofl3:

If you waited until this dev was done updating, you would never flash!

There are pretty good (well I think) instructions now on the OP for doing a full restore after flashing one of eVil D's (almost) nightlies.

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Also I assume 1.9 will be available soon, so should I wait?
    Ha! :rofl3:

If you waited until this dev was done updating, you would never flash!

There are pretty good (well I think) instructions now on the OP for doing a full restore after flashing one of eVil D's (almost) nightlies.

nickshertzer You have done a fantastic job on this. I just came from the first post in this thread. You have put in a lot of time and work into explaining this. Great job!

You and a few others in this forum really do great jobs at helping and explaining to us all. Thank-you very much!

PS. I am a little shocked that eVil didn't have 1.19 out today. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Thank you NickShertzer.

Nick, I wanted to know when to run those a2sd commands, before or after flashing the rom.

However, I followed your step-by-step intructions from the OP of this thread and ran into a few problems.

Firstly, before doing TB backup I checked how much space I had. It said 102MB. I did TB backup and now I am at 40.36MB. Move to SD is also grayed out in Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. I thought flashing the a2sd zip would help. I dont know what went wrong. Strangely, after flashing a2sd in recovery, it didnt reboot automatically. I manually rebooted and it didnt take a long time as you said.

Second, Flashlight app does not work.

Third, how do I get my contacts?

I will let you know if I face more problems. BTW, although I am at about 40 MB, it is wicked smooth!Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Nick, I wanted to know when to run those a2sd commands, before or after flashing the rom.

However, I followed your step-by-step intructions from the OP of this thread and ran into a few problems.

Firstly, before doing TB backup I checked how much space I had. It said 102MB. I did TB backup and now I am at 40.36MB. Move to SD is also grayed out in Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications. I thought flashing the a2sd zip would help. I dont know what went wrong. Strangely, after flashing a2sd in recovery, it didnt reboot automatically. I manually rebooted and it didnt take a long time as you said.

I will let you know if I face more problems. BTW, although I am at about 40 MB, it is wicked smooth!Thanks!
    Run the following a2sd commands from Terminal Emulator (free download from the market) to get back your space (provided you did the ext partition)

"su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

your phone should auto reboot.

enter terminal again:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

phone should auto reboot.

check your internal memory"

Looks like I need to change the steps to run the a2sd commands and not flash the zip. Thats how i've done it and it has worked so far.

Not sure about the flashlight app. It works on mine. I also use "Nexus One LED" from the market (fewer clicks in the dark).

Sorry, but I'm not sure about your contacts. I think I specify that in the OP, but will make sure to bold or something. Might ask over at XDA.

Hey guys,

I finally got 1.18 loaded and running. Even a backup, so I can do the advanced restore. Thanks for all the help Nick and Judee.

I had some problems with memory and getting the steps down. Plus when I restored with TB as all apps and data, had locks.

I have dl Dark Tremor to move a2sd. Very stable. It is on eVil's OP page.

I wiped all, flashed 1.18 and DT in succession after puttong them on root of sd.

Set up wifi and google. Then dl Terminal Emulator from Market and put TB on the phone screen.

I went thru moving Dalvik to sd and put it in Cache. DT has those steps.

Then I ran TB refresh, then only restored "missing apps and data as opposed to all apps and data. No problems.

Moved apps to sd with your posted script lines on OP page.

With DT I can check sd info and saw 147mb used and 247 available or about.

Interesting thing is it showed ext as 2 not 3, done thru Rom Mgr. 3 is reccommended and haven't researched 2 yet. I think you can extend to 3 thru amon_ra, but not sure if you lose everything. Obviously, if it reformats first, puff. I would have to nandroid rom and ext then restore all.

But it is working smooth. I am setting up screens, like to use folders from Folder Organizer. Too early to tell if any kinks.

Only odd thing with DT is it rebooted after every script line (4). Didn't do that first time.

I have 194 apps/etc on sd and have 132mb internal avaiable now.

When all set up and backed up. will try Tron or expresso. Stil may do clock theme.

**Side Note-You can set speed dials on this rom--cool- Took awhile to figure out some of the contact edit choices and stumbled across it. Can't remember how atm.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post

Run the following a2sd commands from Terminal Emulator (free download from the market) to get back your space (provided you did the ext partition)

"su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

your phone should auto reboot.

enter terminal again:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

phone should auto reboot.

check your internal memory"

Looks like I need to change the steps to run the a2sd commands and not flash the zip. Thats how i've done it and it has worked so far.

Not sure about the flashlight app. It works on mine. I also use "Nexus One LED" from the market (fewer clicks in the dark).

Sorry, but I'm not sure about your contacts. I think I specify that in the OP, but will make sure to bold or something. Might ask over at XDA.
    The move to sd will be greyed out if they are on sd. My contacts came right up. Did you sign in to Google, if using that.

I like Drak Tremor, very versatile.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    The move to sd will be greyed out if they are on sd. My contacts came right up. Did you sign in to Google, if using that.

I like Drak Tremor, very versatile.
    Apps are not on sd and still greyed out. If they would be on SD, shouldn't it say Move to Phone.

Got my contacts. For some reason it didnt sync in the initial setup.

Got Terminal Emulator from the Market. Force closes when I try to open it.

Flashlight doesn't work, dunno why.

Guess I will just restore and flash again.

Just making sure, I thought this ROM came with SetCPU. Can't seem to find it, would anyone point me in the right direction? I didn't have it before though, maybe thats why?

Also, why didn't Google Voice come with the rom?

Mine are greyed out and no move to phone, they are on sd.

Haven't followed all your posts and busy, but if they are greyed it use to mean dev did not set up to be moved yet.

Re-install Term Emul, it should work.

SetCPU is in Market, I am using it with1.18.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Mine are greyed out and no move to phone, they are on sd.

Haven't followed all your posts and busy, but if they are greyed it use to mean dev did not set up to be moved yet.

Re-install Term Emul, it should work.

SetCPU is in Market, I am using it with1.18.
    So no Move to SD of all apps like in CM6?

Yeah I know TE should work, the one on CM6 worked fine, dunno y its acting up.

I know SetCPU is in the market, but I thought it came pre-installed with the ROM like gapps, however Google Voice is missing from gapps for some reason, atleast for me.

Also, when I opened Market first, it automatically downloaded and installed the Amazon app, anyway to avoid that?

All help is much appreciated!

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links