[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by nickshertzer Originally Posted by dragongunner Hey Nick, What are your setcpu settings if I can ask? I noticed that when I was ...

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Hey Nick,

What are your setcpu settings if I can ask? I noticed that when I was running v1.18 I set everything to performance and began to get some force closes. Also have you changed your vmheap size from 32 to 24? I honestly think this is when v1.18 began to crap out on me.

Oh and is there any way to get v1.17 now that a higher version is out? Might want to try that version if I can get my hands on it.

Have a good day.
    SetCPU settings are stock default from eViL. See screen shots here:
    eViL NXSense - a set on Flickr

Dalvik Heap(MB)-[*] 24m

I screwed up somewhere when flashing 1.19.1 as my exchange account just keeps syncing and syncing, draining battery in the process. Also, now I have the Froyo lockscreen (with the slide to unlock, slide to silence) which the eViL forum says isn't possible on a Sense ROM because of how intergrated the lock screen is to Sense! :rofl3:

I might be looking at a reflash again this afternoon.
    Thanks for the update and reply. Bummer that you have to re-flash again so soon. I may also try to re-flash v1.18 again this afternoon. One thing is that I am getting very proficient at flashing...
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

SetCPU settings are stock default from eViL. See screen shots here:
    eViL NXSense - a set on Flickr

Dalvik Heap(MB)-[*] 24m

I screwed up somewhere when flashing 1.19.1 as my exchange account just keeps syncing and syncing, draining battery in the process. Also, now I have the Froyo lockscreen (with the slide to unlock, slide to silence) which the eViL forum says isn't possible on a Sense ROM because of how intergrated the lock screen is to Sense! :rofl3:

I might be looking at a reflash again this afternoon.
    How did you get the Froyo lock screen?

Also you think you could answer my questions regarding setcpu & gapps? Should I flash an earlier version and update to 1.19.1?

Also, the app ModInstallLocation in evils rom, what does that do if i change the install location to external.

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    So I did a clean install of 1.18. This time flashlight worked.

Ran then a2sd commands and that worked as well.

From the market, Terminal Emulator by ZTA Technologies, Inc Version 1.0 still force closed when I tried to open.

However, Android Terminal Emulator in the market by Jack Palevich Version 1.0.17 worked like a charm.
    Glad this worked. I have always restored "Android Terminal Emulator" by Jack Palevich via Titanium Backup. Will update OP to note that.

Still no SetCPU and the changelog at xda reads:

Kernel with older wifi but without cpu idle pm

Maybe thats why?
    I'm not sure. I didn't check after doing a complete wipe + flash but before doing the advanced restore... The kernel the ROM comes with is UV/OC (undervolt, overclock). Have you tried downloading SetCPU from the Marketplace and setting the profiles like I posted here?
    eViL NXSense SetCPU - a set on Flickr

Also, it says gapps included, but a lot of google apps like Voice and Maps are missing. Am I only seeing this?

Dunno, if I should flash 1.19.1, or go to 1.17 and then 1.19.1?
    I lost GMail after restoring data, cache, sd-ext from recovery this time. I went into ROM Manager and clicked Download ROM - Cyanogenmod - Google Apps and flashed without backup (dangerous right?) and without wipe.

These ROMs do not build on each other, so flashing 1.17 before 1.19.1 doesn't do anything. You aways want to do a full wipe before flashing. I think I recommend 1.18 for right now.

How did you get the Froyo lock screen?

Also you think you could answer my questions regarding setcpu & gapps? Should I flash an earlier version and update to 1.19.1?
    I screwed up my instructions for when to flash the theme (I think). When I flashed the TRON theme, it didn't work, crashed the system. And after a battery pull, I had the stock Froyo lock screen... weird. I flashed the Smooth Sense icons and HD Flip Clock and it worked... idk. My phone is still eating battery like no tomorrow but it has something to do with an active sync error. I'm going to remove my account and re-add it to see what happens.

Also, the app ModInstallLocation in evils rom, what does that do if i change the install location to external.
    I'm not 100%. If you haven't done any of the a2sd stuff, than it works the same as installing an app and then going to manage apps and clicking "Move to SD". If you have done the a2sd stuff, then I don't think it does anything (but I'm probably wrong about that). When you use ModInstallLocation on an app with a widget, the widget will not persist a reboot if installed external.

Perhaps you should ask more politely. Maybe he just missed your question the first time around if thats the case. Rudeness wont get you anywhere in these forums!

DragonGunner

Perhaps you should ask more politely. Maybe he just missed your question the first time around if thats the case. Rudeness wont get you anywhere in these forums!
    Def the best part about this forum is the politeness. The posters over at XDA all seem to rip each other apart all the time.

Def the best part about this forum is the politeness. The posters over at XDA all seem to rip each other apart all the time.
    Dude, what did I say wrong. You said in your earlier post that you will be reflashing this afternoon. What I got from this is that you are busy and I thought you probably missed my post with the questions. Therefore, I asked again, and I said 'you think you can answer my questions" meaning "you think you will have time to answer them" because I understand you are busy.

Didn't mean to be rude, much respect!

You didn't offend, and I didn't find it rude... I was just pointing out how awesome everyone is to each other around here! Especially compared to XDA

Dude, what did I say wrong. You said in your earlier post that you will be reflashing this afternoon. What I got from this is that you are busy and I thought you probably missed my post with the questions. Therefore, I asked again, and I said 'you think you can answer my questions" meaning "you think you will have time to answer them" because I understand you are busy.

Since I started this I will stop it. What you said just came across as demanding. I apologize if you didn't mean it that way. Its just the way that I interpreted it.

Nick is right though, the posters on this forum are a lot more nice and helpful to boot. Have a good one.

DragonGunner

I understand guys, just wanted to clear what I meant.

These ROMs do not build on each other, so flashing 1.17 before 1.19.1 doesn't do anything.
    I know the roms dont build on each other, but what I thought was I would flash a previous rom which would have setcpu, do titanium backup, then flash a new rom and restore set. You think its possible?

BTW: The HTC Flip Clock is a really nice piece of additional eye candy for this ROM. It is just an update to the clock widget that looks like an old clock radio with physical Rolodex style flip numbers. XDA post mentions you need the widget set on your home screen before flashing via recovery. (Well, I used ROM Manager to choose ZIP)
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.19.1 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/19/10]
    Direct Download (must be signed in to XDA):
    xda-developers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjiIx-E4TCQ[/ame]

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links