[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by du_bhai420 I know the roms dont build on each other, but what I thought was I would flash a previous rom which ...

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    I know the roms dont build on each other, but what I thought was I would flash a previous rom which would have setcpu, do titanium backup, then flash a new rom and restore set. You think its possible?
    Might be on the right track. I would flash 1.15 in that case. 1.17 was a mistake according to dev. My first version was 1.13 and I've been restoring via ClockworkMod and not TB ever since. Which really screwed up things this time... but kind of cool with the Froyo lock screen on accident! Of course no lock screen music player though... so I don't know. I'll probably try out a CM6 nightly soon, see if the cache, data, and sd-ext restore works the same over in Cyanogen land!

Thanks for the concern Nick,

Couple Q's, Comments:

1. SD Card Not wiped, that's good news, thought it always got wiped. There was talk on XDA from a post I made about Rom Mgr and ext2 or 3. I came away thinking I had ext 3 and it just didn't say it. Did you se any of that and your thoughts. I seem to run fine irregardless.

2. It won't be long till I try the restore steps you posted so I don't have to put all my sceen setups back on. I have Dark Tremor which I used to move dalvik to sd and put it in cache there. I assume before I would run the app moving scripts, I would run the DT commands to get the dalvik to sd, or would it still be there as part of the ext that's not wiped.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

eVil's 1.20 came out early this morning. Of course I had to try this one too. So far all is running good. Haven't had it on long enough to check battery life but will let you know.
    Have a great Tuesday!

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Thanks for the concern Nick,

Couple Q's, Comments:

1. SD Card Not wiped, that good news, thought it always got wiped. There was talk on XDA from a post I made about Rom Mgr and ext2 or 3. I came away thinking I had ext 3 and it just didn't say it. Did you se any of that and your thoughts. I seem to run fine irregardless.
    I run the terminal and then su [enter] a2sd check.
    It tells you how the partition is mounted. For some reason, mine is still ext2. I guess that is why my sd card wasn't wiped. The Amon_RA partition upgrade from ext2 to ext3 didn't work even though it said it did? There is probably some other way to check it.

2. It won't be long till I try the restore steps you posted so I don't have to put all my sceen setups back on. I have Dark Tremor which I used to move dalvik to sd and put it in cache there. I assume before I would run the app moving scripts, I would run the DT commands to get the dalvik to sd, or would it still be there as part of the ext that's not wiped.

Ken
    FYI - the advanced restore method works for the most part, but over writes the data in the new ROM. That is why I kept thinking SetCPU was still included even though it isn't. So you would get system update features such as the volume profile increase, but not installed program features such as DNLA (because it is over written).

If you still want to do it that way, you do want to run a2sd cachesd and a2sd zipalign BEFORE restoring sd-ext, cache, and data. All of that is (should be) wiped before flashing the ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    eVil's 1.20 came out early this morning. Of course I had to try this one too. So far all is running good. Haven't had it on long enough to check battery life but will let you know.
    Have a great Tuesday!

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    1.19.1 is running great for me. I did end up re-flashing and I didn't do the advanced restore this time, just restored Apps+ Data via TB. So, it took a lot longer than normal. Looking through the changelog for 1.20, I'm not really sure I understand what most of it means. EVO HTC ime arrows? I guess if I had a problem with the "quiet conversations" I would know...

Rearranging home screens sounds cool!

Any of you guys running Metamorph with Tron. Metamorph says low system mem now. Not sure if it started before or after Tron install. I have researched and found several possible solutions, but don't want to start messing with Term Emul till I get some feedback from Metamorph/Tron users. My sd has 3.01gb free. Phone 125mb available. Did post in Metamorph forum too.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Any of you guys running Metamorph with Tron. Metamorph says low system mem now. Not sure if it started before or after Tron install. I have researched and found several possible solutions, but don't want to start messing with Term Emul till I get some feedback from Metamorph/Tron users. My sd has 3.01gb free. Phone 125mb available. Did post in Metamorph forum too.

Ken
    Sorry, I haven't ever used Metamorph. I flashed Tron through recovery.

I am wondering about a2sd check showing that swap is starting, but then certain threads over at XDA state swap is going to eat up your sd card. see:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.20 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/21/10]
    [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.20 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/21/10] - Page 675 - xda-developers
    [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.20 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/21/10] - Page 675 - xda-developers
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ap#post8074514

Do we need to add "a2sd noswap" to step 6?

Thanks Nick,

Doesn't sound like we need it, not sure though.

Do you have to repartition or just run the a2sd noswap command?

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Doesn't sound like we need it, not sure though.

Do you have to repartition or just run the a2sd noswap command?
    It looks like the directions for creating the ext partition in the first place should have included 0MB for swap. The a2sd noswap command should disable it and keep your sd card healthy and safe.

Well, I ran noswap and it did not affect sd card. But, Metamorph shows low sys mem still. May look at other suggestions on forums for that.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links