[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by du_bhai420 Hi guys! So it seems I have run into a problem. I was on 1.20 and wanted to go back to ...

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Hi guys!

So it seems I have run into a problem. I was on 1.20 and wanted to go back to stock so that I could do a clean flash of 1.20 ( I was having issues with metamorph). I went in recovery and did wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset and then did wipe dalvik cache. After that when I reboot all I see is the :nexusx: of the Nexus and the phone doesnt reboot. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!
    Pull the battery if you haven't and reboot (vol- and pwr at same time) until it reboots. Then hopefully you have a bu to restore.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick,

1. I know you said no sd wipe when you went to 3 from 2. But, did it leave sd ext unchanged. IE apps, dalvk etc.
    Correct. It was similar to the old "Convert c: ntfs" command where it just upgrades the file system but doesn't overwrite the data. See this post for step by step on upgrade using Amon_RA: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post75891

And this program is how I verified it is in fact EXT3:
    Partition Wizard Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

2. Since sd card has no file listed on it called sd ext, how do you back that part up to pc.
    You don't need to. Just use the recovery backup (referred to as nandroid) as a CYA. I use Titanium Backup donate version to restore apps + data after a new flash.

No need. The ext partition only contains cache data and dalvik cache which will be recreated on first boot.

5. I assume you are all ok with ext3 now.
    Yes

1. Guess my answer to #2 is nand bu +ext. then put it on pc. That way I can restore all if needed. I guess only CWMod has Advanced restore, don't remember. Am doing the nand +ext now thru amon.

2. Ran ext2 to 3 thru amon. Said it changed to 3. But, still shows 2 when I run check thru term emul?????? Maybe that only works if you parititioned with amon?????

3. This is a wasted post. I got it all figured out, ready to start getting proficient at restoring with an sd ext and no launcherpro. eVil said disregard the metamorph warning it will still work.
    1. I don't think backing up ext is necessary. I didn't. You would have to use a tool that can read a linux partition on Windows or use a linux box (such as Ubuntu).

2. I think a2sd shows ext2 no matter what. I checked with that windows program I mentioned and it sees my partition as ext3.

3. Sorry I didn't get to this post sooner, but glad it all worked out.
    Thanks Nick,

Agree on the ext3 issue, think we read about that somewhere before. I put another busy box on phone, but it did not overwrite the one TB uses. TB shows 1.16 and when I run term emul to look inside sd ext it shows 1.17. May restore to version before that and catch back up.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hi guys!

So it seems I have run into a problem. I was on 1.20 and wanted to go back to stock so that I could do a clean flash of 1.20 ( I was having issues with metamorph). I went in recovery and did wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset and then did wipe dalvik cache. After that when I reboot all I see is the :nexusx: of the Nexus and the phone doesnt reboot. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!
    Pull the battery if you haven't and reboot (vol- and pwr at same time) until it reboots. Then hopefully you have a bu to restore.
    Tried that! When I go in restore in recovery, it says no files found. I was reading over at another forum where you talked about this file, renaming it to passimg.zip and going in bootloader. Please shed some light?

What recovery are you using. Don.t know much about the passimg thing.

Can you mount your phone thru recovery using the ms usb toggle and see what the file name is of the bu you are trying to restore. .zip etc?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

What recovery are you using. Don.t know much about the passimg thing.

Can you mount your phone thru recovery using the ms usb toggle and see what the file name is of the bu you are trying to restore. .zip etc?
    Clockwork Mod Recovery. I can access sd but there is nothing on it.

I've been away for quite a while and suddenly feeling dinosour with all these new updates. Just want an opinion on this rom, is it much better than CM 6? If yes, then I need fresh air :D

light-sabred from my NeXuS OnE using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    I've been away for quite a while and suddenly feeling dinosour with all these new updates. Just want an opinion on this rom, is it much better than CM 6? If yes, then I need fresh air :D
    I personally feel that the speed, smoothness, and battery life is better than CM6 (stable, heard nightlies are doing better). The choice really comes down to if you like the HTC Sense UI or not. The Nexus One is after all an HTC device, and the Sense UI just gets more out of the system. Such as, the FM chipset has been activated in this ROM and works. HTC widgets are included and frankly much better than say Beautiful Widgets. There is also Footprints, which I'm unaware of anything like that in the market. FriendStream widget is by far better than Facebook official. The HTC World Clock replaces Google Desk Clock which IMHO is a vast improvement as it includes not only the alarm clock, but also stop watch and timer. The browser is completely different with the tab page previews and bookmark previews and smart fullscreen (but no privacy mode). Lock screen music player has album art, play pause next previous track. There is a whole bunch more, and this ROM keeps getting better with each release. The latest (1.20) includes the ability to rearrange your home screens by dragging them around in the expose' view.

CM6 has its many many great features as well. Maybe check the CM6 Nightlies thread to see what forum users are saying about what Cyanogen has been up to! I know I was interested in the widget grouping, back button close, and vol button track skip on unlock screen.

I personally feel that the speed, smoothness, and battery life is better than CM6 (stable, heard nightlies are doing better). The choice really comes down to if you like the HTC Sense UI or not. The Nexus One is after all an HTC device, and the Sense UI just gets more out of the system. Such as, the FM chipset has been activated in this ROM and works. HTC widgets are included and frankly much better than say Beautiful Widgets. There is also Footprints, which I'm unaware of anything like that in the market. FriendStream widget is by far better than Facebook official. The HTC World Clock replaces Google Desk Clock which IMHO is a vast improvement as it includes not only the alarm clock, but also stop watch and timer. The browser is completely different with the tab page previews and bookmark previews and smart fullscreen (but no privacy mode). Lock screen music player has album art, play pause next previous track. There is a whole bunch more, and this ROM keeps getting better with each release. The latest (1.20) includes the ability to rearrange your home screens by dragging them around in the expose' view.

CM6 has its many many great features as well. Maybe check the CM6 Nightlies thread to see what forum users are saying about what Cyanogen has been up to! I know I was interested in the widget grouping, back button close, and vol button track skip on unlock screen.
    Same here F0ul99. CM6 has many neat things, for me its just about having and playing with a new experience knowing I can change back anytime I get bored. I will play with this for a couple of months and perhaps by then Cyanogen will have some really neat and new things. Oh and 720p on the sense ui works great and I love the new camera and video recorder look and feel. Just so there is no confusion, I really love CM6 and all it has to offer also.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Sound good enough for me. Thanks nick.

light-sabred from my NeXuS OnE using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Tried that! When I go in restore in recovery, it says no files found. I was reading over at another forum where you talked about this file, renaming it to passimg.zip and going in bootloader. Please shed some light?
    Do you maybe mean rename ROM to update.zip? Did maybe your SD card get erased or pop out or something? Sounds like you can't read anything from your card. Maybe pull the battery and mount your micro sd in a computer, check the files (restore from backup that you made, right?), then remount in your phone. Sounds like you get into Clockwork just fine. Clear data, Clear cache, advanced clear dalvik, install update.zip from sd.

If that doesn't do it, than you might need to start a new thread "Help recover my borked ROM install" or try your luck at XDA.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links