[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; @dragongunner Yeah, I like CM too but that SenseUI is so tempting to try. Furthermore, I've been itchy to try new roms. Just lately have ...

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

@dragongunner
    Yeah, I like CM too but that SenseUI is so tempting to try. Furthermore, I've been itchy to try new roms. Just lately have been very busy and so tired of reading :D that is why I asked Thanks.

light-sabred from my NeXuS OnE using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    What recovery are you using. Don.t know much about the passimg thing.

Can you mount your phone thru recovery using the ms usb toggle and see what the file name is of the bu you are trying to restore. .zip etc?
    Clockwork Mod Recovery. I can access sd but there is nothing on it.
    If the card is empty, do you have bu of the sd card, critical to do that. If not, you will have to dl maybe to pc and copy to sd a new rom and probably gapps.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

What recovery are you using. Don.t know much about the passimg thing.

Can you mount your phone thru recovery using the ms usb toggle and see what the file name is of the bu you are trying to restore. .zip etc?
    Clockwork Mod Recovery. I can access sd but there is nothing on it.
    If the card is empty, do you have bu of the sd card, critical to do that. If not, you will have to dl maybe to pc and copy to sd a new rom and probably gapps.
    Thank you so much rugmankc! Luckily I had a back up of my sd on my pc. I put the back up on the sd thru recovery and restored. Restore was successful and my nexus is alive again, back from being a paperweight, phew!

However, one thing did not restore. It said "sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ext/."

Can you help me out with that please?

Glad you got it. It will say that if you didn't partition your sd card. If you did you will need to repartition.

You can lose your sd card info in several ways. One being unmounting the wrong way. If you are unsure of that we can post a step by step. I think I lost mine that way and had to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

One thing I noticed with eVil roms, at least my last one, 1.18 has better viewing area for my videos. These are full length movies I converted and put on sd card.

With CM6 the movie did not fill all the screen. They never did, but with CM6 they were even less.

With 1.18 there is an icon to click on and it fills 100% of the screen, quality his HD like to me. Don't know if it is new to the version and/or may change on a newer version.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Glad you got it. It will say that if you didn't partition your sd card. If you did you will need to repartition.

You can lose your sd card info in several ways. One being unmounting the wrong way. If you are unsure of that we can post a step by step. I think I lost mine that way and had to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Ken
    Yes a step by step would be helpful. But of what though? Umounting the sd? I did partition the sd thou, to ext 3 following steps in OP of this thread. Will try repartitioning.

Yes a step by step would be helpful. But of what though? Umounting the sd? I did partition the sd thou, to ext 3 following steps in OP of this thread. Will try repartitioning.
    Partitioning erases all data on SD card. You have to backup SD card to computer, partition, restore data on sd card, then flash rom.

Only upgrading EXT2 to EXT3 on an ALREADY partitioned card does not wipe SD data.

One thing I noticed with eVil roms, at least my last one, 1.18 has better viewing area for my videos. These are full length movies I converted and put on sd card.

With CM6 the movie did not fill all the screen. They never did, but with CM6 they were even less.

With 1.18 there is an icon to click on and it fills 100% of the screen, quality his HD like to me. Don't know if it is new to the version and/or may change on a newer version.

Ken
    It's an HTC Sense thing. Very nice!

HTC replaced a whole bunch of stock Google parts and IMHO improved upon them. Clock being one (love the timer and stop watch... what was google thinking leaving that out?) and Videos being another. HTC Mail is obviously different than stock as is calendar (I use Exchange so this is very noticeable to me)...

I haven't figured out how to get "People" to sort by Lastname, First. Anyone see a setting somewhere? Some contacts sort that way (specifically unlinked Exchange contacts), but Google and Facebook contacts do not. Also, they mess up my Exchange contacts by saving them back as Firstname, Last if I edit them on my phone... Really my biggest gripe about Sense. The dialer / contacts from Stock Froyo is way better (read: more consistent).

I hated the EVO "arrows" keyboard with 1.20 and it's lack of microphone. If you want back the HTC IME keyboard:
    [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

Unzip, install the HTC IME apk (not the clicker) and go to Settings, Language and Keyboard, and check HTC IME. Then long press a text field and hit "input settings" and choose HTC IME.

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I hated the EVO "arrows" keyboard with 1.20 and it's lack of microphone. If you want back the HTC IME keyboard:
    [MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

Unzip, install the HTC IME apk (not the clicker) and go to Settings, Language and Keyboard, and check HTC IME. Then long press a text field and hit "input settings" and choose HTC IME.
    Thanks for that Nick. I hated the EVO "arrows" keyboard also. Changed back to HTC_IME.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links