[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by nickshertzer I am wondering about a2sd check showing that swap is starting, but then certain threads over at XDA state swap is ...

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    It looks like the directions for creating the ext partition in the first place should have included 0MB for swap. The a2sd noswap command should disable it and keep your sd card healthy and safe.
    So do we run the a2sd command? If yes, when exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    3. This is a wasted post. I got it all figured out, ready to start getting proficient at restoring with an sd ext and no launcherpro. eVil said disregard the metamorph warning it will still work.
    How exactly are you bu and restoring sd card + ext?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    I would like to point out that I have already updated the OP to reflect the change. Remember, a2sd is optional. You run the a2sd cachesd and a2sd zipalign after first boot of ROM, reboot, and then reinstall Apps + Data via TB.

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I would like to point out that I have already updated the OP to reflect the change. Remember, a2sd is optional. You run the a2sd cachesd and a2sd zipalign after first boot of ROM, reboot, and then reinstall Apps + Data via TB.
    I am sorry, I didn't see you updated the OP, I thought I went over it. I am still a little confused and have a question. When creating ext 2 partition thru clockwork mod recovery it asks swap size which we set at 0mb. I guess it means a swap partition is created in this process.

But when creating ext3 partition thru amon ra recovery, it doesn't tell us much. So is a swap partition created if we create ext 3 partition thru amon ra?

Thanks Nick!

I am sorry, I didn't see you updated the OP, I thought I went over it. I am still a little confused and have a question. When creating ext 2 partition thru clockwork mod recovery it asks swap size which we set at 0mb. I guess it means a swap partition is created in this process.

But when creating ext3 partition thru amon ra recovery, it doesn't tell us much. So is a swap partition created if we create ext 3 partition thru amon ra?

Thanks Nick!
    idk... I only used Amon_RA to upgrade my ext2 to ext3. I created the original partitions using ROM Manager. If you created a 0MB swap partition, I'm pretty sure that means you didn't create a swap partition. Use "a2sd check" and look under SWAP to see if you need to disable swap. I used a free windows program linked in the OP to verify ext3 and swap partitions:
    Partition Wizard Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Nick,

Yea, I like the full screen option. Can't find "last name first" either. And agree the contacts and calendar are not as good on sense.

du_bhai420,

The unmounting is pretty basic, so you are probably doing it. But, FYI and anyone else.

While connected to pc thru usb and mounted:

1. Close the window on the pc that lists your sd card files.

2. Click on the device symbol in the task bar, there will two items. One says ADB, the other usb mass storage.

3. Click on each one and it should say ok to unmount. Close those windows.

4. On phone you can now tap on unmount phone and wait for sd card to finish preparing in top notification bar.

5. Disconnect phone.

This is probably dah to most, but I think I went too fast one time, missed a step and lost my sd card. I think it was because I didn't close window, kept getting " can't stop device?" and after two tries just disconnected. Not saying you will lose sd card if you don't always do this. But, your chances are increased. So, always have a recent sd card bu.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nick,

Dl'd Partition Wizard. Looks like nice program, but beyond me I think. Will get with you if I use it.

Did see the ext3 you mentioned even though only showing ext2 thru Term Emul and Dark Tremor.

Interesting that I set swap to noswap, but it still shows 30.94? mb. May be that swap is still there just kinda deactivated.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick,

Dl'd Partition Wizard. Looks like nice program, but beyond me I think. Will get with you if I use it.

Did see the ext3 you mentioned even though only showing ext2 thru Term Emul and Dark Tremor.

Interesting that I set swap to noswap, but it still shows 30.94? mb. May be that swap is still there just kinda deactivated.

Ken
    Right. a2sd noswap means it doesn't use the sd card for swap, but since you partitioned a 32MB swap size, that partition doesn't just go away without formating your sd card (again).

anyone know why after i install the rom and i do a data restore from titanium backup and then restart my phone is freezes on lock screen, then i have to pull battery? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    anyone know why after i install the rom and i do a data restore from titanium backup and then restart my phone is freezes on lock screen, then i have to pull battery? thanks.
    Make sure you do not restore system data in TB. Apps only. Might search XDA post as I think others have had similar problems.

im glad im not the only one, thought i had done something wrong, so i guess the closest thing for me to get my txts back is to use like sms backup or something right?

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links