[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I had a similar problem when going from CM6 to eVil's rom. I then did all apps and data with no luck. Someone on XDA ...

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

I had a similar problem when going from CM6 to eVil's rom. I then did all apps and data with no luck. Someone on XDA said just do missing apps and data. I think that was because it was putting CM6's apps and evil's all on phone. So, I think if you are not changing devs apps and data is right, no system though. But, if coming from a different rom maybe just missing apps and data. That's just my experience. May or not be correct.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

New version of Dark Tremor out.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nick,

Getting ready to flash 1.2 tonite. I will wipe datacache thru amon.Question on the sd-ext.

Do I wipe sd-ext also or leave it. I think I should wipe since (tkirton, DT dev) said I will need to reflash DT going from 1.18 to 1.20, unless DT is in 1.20. I don't think it is. So, after I flash I will need to flash DT and move dalvik to sd-ext. He said no need to run the a2sd commands DT does it. Although, I did it last time with no repercussions.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick,

Getting ready to flash 1.2 tonite. I will wipe datacache thru amon.Question on the sd-ext.

Do I wipe sd-ext also or leave it. I think I should wipe since (tkirton, DT dev) said I will need to reflash DT going from 1.18 to 1.20, unless DT is in 1.20. I don't think it is. So, after I flash I will need to flash DT and move dalvik to sd-ext. He said no need to run the a2sd commands DT does it. Although, I did it last time with no repercussions.

Ken
    I usually do it through Rom manager. With Clockworkmod you wipe data, cache, and dalvik which is under advanced. I have always ran a2SD cachesd and a2sd zipalign. Never uave flashed DT as it is included with eViL's Rom. Then I restore apps with TB. Looking forward to devs work with Desire HD Ace Sense ROM.

That makes it interesting since I just flashed the new DT. Guess it will go back to old and I'll have to reflash new. So, NO sd-ext wipe!! And just the two commands you mentioned will do it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    That makes it interesting since I just flashed the new DT. Guess it will go back to old and I'll have to reflash new. So, NO sd-ext wipe!! And just the two commands you mentioned will do it.
    I don't really know. That's just what worked for me. Do you have any links for reading re DT?

I have been reading nonstop. I started bu and 1.20 flash thru CWMod. After bu it said

"Backup Complete"
    Formatting Cache
    Formatting sd-ext

and one more in there I missed, then install started. Hope it didn't wipe sd-ext.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nick,

Got it, thanks. Just ran the two commands you said. Everything else fell in place. All screens and widgets. Still had my menu lights fix working. No Gmail. Think he kept that out forcing you to dl new 2.3. Now will test for awhile, bu, then dl new DT. TA works now for me.

PS: Supposedly new DT will mess with LED lights and some other things until eVil works it out. Will hold off for now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sorry for the newbish question but why do you have to make a SD partition? And what is with the EXT2 and EXT3 part?

Quick answer, you don't. The extension is for folks running high mem roms and need the space on the phone to have it run correctly. So when you partition the sd card you can move cache and apps to the sd-ext run the high rem rom and still have plenty of available mem. Ext2 and 3 is just the way it is partitioned. 3 seems to be the best combo of speed and reliability.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links