[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is the eViL's NXSense v.1.20 considered a high mem rom? how is the ext different from just putting apps on the SD card in the ...

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Is the eViL's NXSense v.1.20 considered a high mem rom? how is the ext different from just putting apps on the SD card in the app manager?

I am currently running CM6 but am curious about the HTC Sense UI. It looks pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimblor View Post
    Is the eViL's NXSense v.1.20 considered a high mem rom? how is the ext different from just putting apps on the SD card in the app manager?

I am currently running CM6 but am curious about the HTC Sense UI. It looks pretty slick.
    It used to be that with 1. 13 the default install would leave you with less than 30Mb of internal system memory. Now 1. 20 has some optimization and DarkTremor default installed, the base install is up to 95Mb or so free space of internal memory . After running through the extra ext steps you can get 160Mb because then every app is ran from SD card. I have a class 6 card and the UI is blazing fast and responsive.

Would it make any sense or be effective to do this with the stock card, or is a class 6 card really needed?

I am confused if I need to use amon ra or the mini tool partition home wizard. I guess I dont really know how amon ra works.

Also I am sorry to say but some of the steps below are a bit over my head.

Backup SD Card
    Backup ROM
    Flash Alternate Recovery
    (ROM Manager Features will be unavailable: OK)

Power - Reboot - Recovery
    Build RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1
    -Partition sdcard
    -SD:ext2 to ext3
    "Upgrade ext2 to ext3
    Press trackball to confirm,
    any other key to abort."
    Upgrading ext2 to ext3: .......... (about 30 seconds)
    Ext upgrade complete!
    Reboot system now

SD Card was NOT wiped!

ROM Manager - Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

Just flashed 1.20 few couples of hours ago. SenseUI is indeed beautiful. Still getting use to it.

Need to buy a class 6 1st before I do the ext thing.

LiGhT-SabRed by Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

f0ul99,

I guy over on DTwas advised by tkirton he could use his 4gb card and partition a 1gb ext. He did it and says he hasn't seen any speed issues.

tkirton

Today, 03:30 PM
    • ReTweet this post
    • #[ame="http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/showpost.php?p=8304333&postcount=293"] 293[/ame]

Even if you have a slow 4gb card, you should still be able to move dalvik-cache to the SD card.

Here's what I would do. Repartition your SD card with the following values:

1GB - EXT partition
    3GB - FAT32 partition

Note: Make sure you backup the contents of FAT32 before starting.

Once you repartition, restore the contents of FAT32.

Reboot and allow the /data/app and /data/app-private to move to the EXT partition.

Then, execute under an ADB shell: a2sd cachesd. This will move dalvik-cache to SD.

Understand that technically you aren't suppose to do this when you have a Class 2 SD card...however, it is better for the phone to run slower than to run out of internal space.

You may also get a program from the market called CacheMate. This will help you clear out other caches (i.e. market). This will help free up some more space.

Originally Posted by quertiy[ame="http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8303383#post8303383"] [/ame]So, i've installed darktremor, with no other options than the default (apps and apps private move to sd). So i didn't touch dalvik or any other data. And, I ran out of space. considering that i have a 4gb slow sdcard, so i can't move dalvik, what are my options?

This is how my data directory looks. Some ****ty thing if you ask me. Nowadays, even darktremor is not enough.

hXXp://i55.tinypic.com/5lw788.png

So, please, what are my options? besides buying a new sdcard

Thanks

Edit: Can't i move dalvik to system, or something like that? my system partition has 135 MB free. To cache i can't move it cause it's only 50 MB. By the way, s-off permits the resizing of the partitions?
    Discussion Thread: http://tinyurl.com/dtdiscuss
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook

quertiy Today, 05:40 PM
    • ReTweet this post
    • #[ame="http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/showpost.php?p=8306607&postcount=294"] 294[/ame]
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

pffffffffffffffffffffffff DONE.
    now i can install apps untill i die. and the thing is that the device isn't any slower ) not as i can tell. the browser runs as fast as before, dolphin browser hd the same, copilot and igo the same, my games the same, titanium backup the same, widgets load with the same speed.

i don't understand why everyone says that the device is so much slower when moving dc.

thanks for the awesome app.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nick, Judee

This 1.20 is running smooth. Some at xda say high batt drain, but I have plenty of chargers every where. Once he gets USB tethering working it will be great. I fine tuned Tron to have minimal icons by putting everything into one or two folders and a widget per homescreen Thus, streamlining the screens with a less cluttered look and highlighting the Tron Android Legacy. I like this the best of all the themes I have used. And thanks again Nick on the restore steps. 20 minutes and I am back up and running. I now have the rom and theme I want with the same easy homescreen restore capabilities as LauncherPro. The photo doesn't do it justice. The drocap label covers my "Home" icon, a house, on this page.

Name:  Tron.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  56.7 KB
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

ah, this rom is too nice for me to not run it even if i loose my data...the only thing that i would really want are my txt messages, got some pretty interesting stuff in there lol...has anyone tried doing a backup with smsbackup and then restoring once on the rom?

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    ah, this rom is too nice for me to not run it even if i loose my data...the only thing that i would really want are my txt messages, got some pretty interesting stuff in there lol...has anyone tried doing a backup with smsbackup and then restoring once on the rom?
    Wish I could help here. I use Google Voice, so all my SMS is sync'd to web. In fact, I use Exchange so all my calendar and contact info is sync'd as well. I guess my restore step is only to replace the Apps (of which I have 87 user and running smoooooth) and tweak a couple of homescreen widgets.

The problem is that Sense UI uses a completely different db structure than stock. It is my understanding that you could restore your TB sms backup once / if you go back to CM6 / any stock based rom. In addendum, you could backup your Sense sms and restore via TB through out upgrade cycles of any Sense based UI, be it eViL's NXSense or Paul's modaco rom kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick, Judee

This 1.20 is running smooth. Some at xda say high batt drain, but I have plenty of chargers every where. Once he gets USB tethering working it will be great. I fine tuned Tron to have minimal icons by putting everything into one or two folders and a widget per homescreen Thus, streamlining the screens with a less cluttered look and highlighting the Tron Android Legacy. I like this the best of all the themes I have used. And thanks again Nick on the restore steps. 20 minutes and I am back up and running. I now have the rom and theme I want with the same easy homescreen restore capabilities as LauncherPro. The photo doesn't do it justice. The drocap label covers my "Home" icon, a house, on this page.
    I'm using wifi tethering all the time, so not sure why usb tether is needed

Thanks for the screenie. Sweet setup. I noticed you have to backup and replace the Rosie.apk when using a theme on 1.20 or else you lose the ability to drag and drop arrange homescreens. eViL mentioned doing via adb, which I've done before and need to write up a step by step when I do it again (I do this so I remember!).

1.20 has been the smoothest and fastest ROM I've ever run. I guess battery life isn't as good as my iPhone 3G, but close. I noticed last night after 17 hours of heavy use, I finally hit amber on my battery bar (30%). Wow! On CM6 RC3 I would drain all the way down and forced turned off at around 12 hours.

I'm considering doing my own video just to show off how fast this ROM is even after you install all your apps and customization. I have a lot going on a work right now though, and family time over the weekend, so idk when I'll get around to it. eViL will probably move on to the Desire HD rom soon though. I think that's why we haven't seen a 1.21 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick, Judee

Attachment 467

WOW Ken! That looks great. I really like the "TRON" theme. I have tried a few others but keep going back to "Tron"

I upgraded yesterday from my 1.17 to the 1.20. Seems about the same except for a few added features. The battery life for me isn't as good but eVil is working on it. This is the best Rom I have used yet.

I keep seeing them talking about the "Miui" but it doesn't look as good to me. They haven't gotten it in English yet anyway. Did you see "[ROM] eViL's NXSense HD v.0.1 - Desire HD Port [9/24/10]" I just noticed it a little while ago. Haven't read it yet.

I always use the wifi tethering so I haven't missed the USB to tether with. Is it faster that way or something? I don't understand that part.

Hope your feeling good since your stay in the hospital. Catch you later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links