[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by judeeg Did you see "[ROM] eViL's NXSense HD v.0.1 - Desire HD Port [9/24/10]" I just noticed it a little while ago. ...

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Did you see "[ROM] eViL's NXSense HD v.0.1 - Desire HD Port [9/24/10]" I just noticed it a little while ago. Haven't read it yet.
    Link:
    [ROM] eViL's NXSense HD v.0.1 - Desire HD Port [9/24/10] - xda-developers

It is my understanding that the camera does not work yet. However, that ROM looks sweet. Did you see the Notification drawer has your recent running apps list? Evolutionary HTC step...

Thanks guys,

Can't wait for HD either now that i got my bu/restore steps down with a sd-ext.

USB is for tethering off your phones connection, 3g. That's if you don't have wifi available, it is slower. The only time I use it would be if I lost wifi and internet at home. Or, back at my wife's mother's house while on vacation. No wifi or internet there.

Know nothing about Rosie, and haven't seen anything on HD at xda.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick, Judee

This 1.20 is running smooth. Some at xda say high batt drain, but I have plenty of chargers every where. Once he gets USB tethering working it will be great. I fine tuned Tron to have minimal icons by putting everything into one or two folders and a widget per homescreen Thus, streamlining the screens with a less cluttered look and highlighting the Tron Android Legacy. I like this the best of all the themes I have used. And thanks again Nick on the restore steps. 20 minutes and I am back up and running. I now have the rom and theme I want with the same easy homescreen restore capabilities as LauncherPro. The photo doesn't do it justice. The drocap label covers my "Home" icon, a house, on this page.
    I'm using wifi tethering all the time, so not sure why usb tether is needed

Thanks for the screenie. Sweet setup. I noticed you have to backup and replace the Rosie.apk when using a theme on 1.20 or else you lose the ability to drag and drop arrange homescreens. eViL mentioned doing via adb, which I've done before and need to write up a step by step when I do it again (I do this so I remember!).

1.20 has been the smoothest and fastest ROM I've ever run. I guess battery life isn't as good as my iPhone 3G, but close. I noticed last night after 17 hours of heavy use, I finally hit amber on my battery bar (30%). Wow! On CM6 RC3 I would drain all the way down and forced turned off at around 12 hours.

I'm considering doing my own video just to show off how fast this ROM is even after you install all your apps and customization. I have a lot going on a work right now though, and family time over the weekend, so idk when I'll get around to it. eViL will probably move on to the Desire HD rom soon though. I think that's why we haven't seen a 1.21 yet.
    What is the Desire HD Rom? I need to do some reading over there I guess. But you mentioned it so I had to ask. lol

It would be great if you did a video! I would Love to see that and get pointers! I understand about being busy and family so if and when you can, that will be great!

I have had the 1.20 running since yesterday. Not as good battery life for me but I can handle it. ha I just can't do without this rom. There is so much on it. I keep finding things I didn't know existed. Take care, have a good week-end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Could you please share your bu/restore steps with sd-ext.

I believe these steps are for flashing a new sense rom on an older sense rom correct?

Thanks in advance! Hope you are feeling better.

What is the Desire HD Rom? I need to do some reading over there I guess. But you mentioned it so I had to ask. lol
    Its the rom ported from the new htc desire hd phone. It has the new sense ui which many are saying is very fast. It has a fast boot time of like 3 seconds! Faster maps. I also read something about the whole new ui having a better look, i guess thats what the HD is all about, right.

Someone at xda posted this link, it describes the new ui:

10 reasons why the new HTC Sense kick ass ? Features - Know Your Mobile

It still the first release so there are some cons:

• Camera doesn't work
    • Some are having issues with wifi
    • Fat rom, uses a lot of space
    • I heard some say it eats battery
    • Settings > Call and Google Voice causing FC's
    • No trackball stuff yet
    • nfl and mobi tv have sound only, no video

This is all I got from my readings! Please post if someone finds more.

Judeeg

Check out 2nd video. HTC Desire Z hands-on (update: more pics and video) -- Engadget

New evil port is truly quick and dirty bleeding edge stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Its the rom ported from the new htc desire hd phone. It has the new sense ui which many are saying is very fast. It has a fast boot time of like 3 seconds! Faster maps. I also read something about the whole new ui having a better look, i guess thats what the HD is all about, right.

Someone at xda posted this link, it describes the new ui:

10 reasons why the new HTC Sense kick ass ? Features - Know Your Mobile

It still the first release so there are some cons:

• Camera doesn't work
    • Some are having issues with wifi
    • Fat rom, uses a lot of space
    • I heard some say it eats battery
    • Settings > Call and Google Voice causing FC's
    • No trackball stuff yet
    • nfl and mobi tv have sound only, no video

This is all I got from my readings! Please post if someone finds more.
    Thanks A lot du_bhai420, that was nice of you to let me know. I am sure others appreciate this also.

I will definitely have to try that once he gets more of the bugs out. Are you going to try it?

You have a great week-end.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Judeeg

Check out 2nd video. HTC Desire Z hands-on (update: more pics and video) -- Engadget

New evil port is truly quick and dirty bleeding edge stuff.
    Thanks Nick! Going to check it out now.
    I can't wait to try it after more bugs are fixed!
    Have a great week-end.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Could you please share your bu/restore steps with sd-ext.

I believe these steps are for flashing a new sense rom on an older sense rom correct?

Thanks in advance! Hope you are feeling better.
    du_bhai420,

EDIT: The steps to Advance Restore Data, Cache, and SD-Ext will prevent changelog features from being installed. Not sure if only one or more of them contribute to that. If you don't care about those updates, go for it. I am going to try a reflash of 1.20 and use my Folder Organizer folder shorcuts to restore screens, since all my icons are in folders. Will not do the Advanced Restore. I don't know what I will not get back w/o doing the Advanced Restore steps. Settings/Passwords etc? The biggest complaint on flashing these updates is having to wipe before each one. We need a workaround, I'm lazy.

This procedure is my steps to get my phone up and running after flashing new eVil rom from a previous version. Assumes you have sd-ext3 with Dark Tremor installed, Titanium BU Paid version, and using Rom Mgr/CWMod. This is a combo of what I have always done and Nick's steps from the OP. Also, kudos to him for helping me with the exact sd-ext steps. I backed up with CWMod wiping cache and data, but NOT the sd-ext. Do at your own risk. Always BackUp

1. Flash new eVil rom with Rom Mgr/CWMod by dl’ing from eVil site and copying to sd card.
    1a. Some people recommend doing a reboot here.
    2. Set up wifi and sign in to google accts
    3. Install Terminal Emulator from Market or thru Titanium Backup (TB is included with eVil’s rom as well as Dark Tremor).
    4. If you have to install TB get free version, it will update to paid version when opened.
    5. Run the two script lines below from Terminal Emulator:

SU (enter)
    /system/bin/a2sd cachesd (enter) (moves dalvik to sd card)

Phone will reboot:

su(enter)
    /system/bin/a2sd zipalign (enter)

Phone will reboot:

6. Then, open Titanium BackUp and tap on Backup and Restore
    7. Run “Restore Missing Apps with Data” I sometimes do a refresh of TB also.
    8. Then, I put Rom Manager Back on phone by dl’ing free version from Market. The paid version is just the liscense and should be on phone. You need both to get started. Obviously, I needed to longpress on screen and go to Apps and select TB, TE, RomMgr to put on screen.
    9. Then, boot into Recovery thru Rom Manager and go to Backup and Restore, Advanced Restore, pick your BackUp and restore Data, Cache, and SD-Ext in succession. This is where you will get your screens back.
    9. Then load your Theme and wallpaper.
    10. If all tests out do a backup.

I would get familiar with these Forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730290

It's late and I am tired, so if anyone sees an obvious error other than preference, let me know. I did this last nite and it worked great. Again, thanks to Nick.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I can just point out that restoring SD-ext overwrites the Rom defaults so you do lose some of the update stuff. I. E. You will still be on 1. 20 with its kernel, but you would be missing out on the updated rosie.apk and dlna streaming app would no longer be there.

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links