[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; What would you suggest Nick, since the sd-ext is how I get my homescreens back. Can you add them back in somehow? Does this step ...

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

What would you suggest Nick, since the sd-ext is how I get my homescreens back. Can you add them back in somehow? Does this step always keep you from getting updates.

I have Rosie Utility 1.0. Not sure about dlna.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I don't know. That's why I added it in as an option :-)

OK, thanks for the heads up.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nick,

Another option would be to not restore data, cache, or sd-ext. And import my Folder Organizer settings. I have 95% of my icons in shortcut folders. I could just put them back on my screens and individually do the few remaining. That would not affect the new changelog updates, I believe.

Which restore prevents the changelog updates from taking effect? Data, cache, or sd-ext.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

@Rugmanck Thanks or the infos regarding sd partition/ext. I'd really appreciated it. I think I like SenseUI so much. It's a new experience and I love the camera. Will flash back after I am done testing Miui. (Cannot resist the temptation. I am weak)

LiGhT-SabReD by TaPaTalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Final bump for fyi:

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    can't wait for hd either now that i got my bu/restore steps down with a sd-ext.
    could you please share your bu/restore steps with sd-ext.

I believe these steps are for flashing a new sense rom on an older sense rom correct?

Thanks in advance! Hope you are feeling better.
    du_bhai420,

Edit: The steps to advance restore data, cache, and sd-ext will prevent changelog features from being installed. Not sure if only one or more of them contribute to that. If you don't care about those updates, go for it. I am going to try a reflash of 1.20 and use my Folder Organizer folder shorcuts to restore screens, since all my icons are in folders. Will not do the advanced restore. I don't know what I will not get back w/o doing the advanced restore steps. Settings/passwords etc? The biggest complaint on flashing these updates is having to wipe before each one. We need a workaround, I'm lazy.

EDIT: Work around for Home Screens and selective System Data is MyBackUpPro. Has a specific setting just for Home Screens and certain System Settings.

This procedure is my steps to get my phone up and running after flashing new eVil rom from a previous version. Assumes you have sd-ext3 with Dark Tremor installed, Titanium BackUp paid version, and using Rom Mgr/CWMod. This is a combo of what I have always done and Nick's steps from the op. Also, kudos to him for helping me with the exact sd-ext steps. I backed up with CWMod wiping cache and data, but not the sd-ext. Do at your own risk. Always backup

1. Flash new eVil rom with Rom Mgr/CWMod by dl’ing from eVil site and copying to sd card.
    1a. Some people recommend doing a reboot here.
    2. Set up wifi and sign in to google accts
    3. Install Terminal Emulator from Market or thru Titanium BackUp (TB is included with eVil’s rom as well as Dark Tremor).
    4. If you have to install tTB get free version, it will update to paid version when opened.
    5. Run the two script lines below from Terminal Emulator:

su (enter)
    /system/bin/a2sd cachesd (enter) (moves dalvik to sd card)

phone will reboot:

su(enter)
    /system/bin/a2sd zipalign (enter)

phone will reboot:

6. Then, open Titanium BackUp and tap on backup and restore
    7. Run “restore missing apps with data” I sometimes do a refresh of TB also.
    8. Then, I put Rom Manager back on phone by dl’ing free version from Market. The paid version is just the liscense and should be on phone. You need both to get started. Obviously, I needed to longpress on screen and go to apps and select TB, TE, RomMgr to put on screen.
    9. Then, boot into recovery thru Rom Manager and go to Backup and Restore, Advanced Restore, pick your backup and restore data, cache, and sd-ext in succession. This is where you will get your screens back.
    9. Then load your theme and wallpaper.
    10. If all tests out do a backup.

I would get familiar with these forums:

[Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.1 (09/23/2010) - xda-developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=730290

It's late and I am tired, so if anyone sees an obvious error other than preference, let me know. I did this last nite and it worked great. Again, thanks to Nick.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I finally decided I would give this ROM a try. Thank you very much for the idiot proof directions on the a2sd stuff. I have a LOT of apps and need as much space internally as I can. So far I am LOVING this ROM, I haven't noticed any bugs yet

@Foul99 How is MIUI so far? That one looks awesome, but I don't think I am patient enough for its infancy.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdiggs01 View Post
    I finally decided I would give this ROM a try. Thank you very much for the idiot proof directions on the a2sd stuff. I have a LOT of apps and need as much space internally as I can. So far I am LOVING this ROM, I haven't noticed any bugs yet

@Foul99 How is MIUI so far? That one looks awesome, but I don't think I am patient enough for its infancy.
    I was awesome right. For me the big point was the smoothness. It's speedy too. Someone even asked me "Hey where did u get that "moving" wallpaper for your iphone?"

But it still a little buggy. I suggest u wait a bit. Right now, I am backing up my SD because I missed my SenseUI :D

Haven't tried it yet, but probably will come Monday:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-hd-port.html

Not a daily ROM like this one for sure. At least not yet. Once they get the Camera and Wifi working, I'm jumping in!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQqv6JQFC8&feature=player_embedded#[/ame]!

Yeah. Partitioned, Flashed, a2sd'ed, now looking awesome. Did the 1gb ext suggested by rugmanck and yes it was still fast. Only 50mb internal memory used.

Now, off to themes hunting. Those W7 theme is so cool.

BTW, I hate the arrow keyboard

Nick & rugmanck. Thanks again. Great info and tutorial.

P/s: Miui can wait.

LiGhT-SabReD by TaPaTalk

Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links