[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dragongunner Ok wife got home and I tried finishing up her rom by backing it up via rom manager. After the backup ...

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Ok wife got home and I tried finishing up her rom by backing it up via rom manager. After the backup was complete the phone rebooted but got stuck on the home screen while it was loading up. Same problem I had before.

Before I performed the rom backup above, I was able to free up memory space using the a2sd cachesd. The phone rebooted just fine on its own.

Problem seems to be coming from when ever I try to backup the rom. Any idea's why this might be happening?

I will restore again to a previous point and try again. I never had this problem when I installed 1.20 on my phone. Frustrating, but I know we will figure it out.
    Hmm... I have done the nandroid backup with ROM manager no problems (many, many times). you have the updated clockworkmod, yes? (same as in my sig?) Have you tried just reboot to recover (hold power button > Reboot > recovery) and do a backup manually from there?

-oh, and installing from recovery works just as well. Wipe is just as important, wipe data, wipe cache, advanced - wipe dalvik cache, then install zip from sd.

ROM manager is just there to make things easier.

+1 on manual backups and new rom flashes. Never had a problem doing it that way, especially with amon_ra.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Well I have finally figured narrowed down what is causing the crash. Some application within TB. Still need to figure out which one it is. Here are the steps that I took.

1. Backed up system via rom manager.
    2. Backed up user apps via TB.
    3. Installed eViL's 1.20 via rom manager.
    4. Once successfully booted, I downloaded rom manager/rom manager premium via market (even though I have it on TB). I immediately performed another backup via rom manager to alleviate any chance of corrupting the system with something from saved from TB.
    5. Backup successful.
    6. Downloaded and installed terminal emulator from market (even though I have it on TB).
    7. Typed in "su" to get superuser permission, then typed in "a2sd cachesd". Phone rebooted automatically and reloaded successfully giving me the proper amount of Mb for internal memory.
    8. Installed "rouge theme" via rom manager. Reboot and reload successful with theme.
    9. Performed another backup via rom manager to save everything thus far.
    10. Now to spend time with TB to figure out what is causing the problem.

Every single time I backed up user apps and data via TB the phone would never reboot properly, so there has to be something that I saved that is not compatible.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

just read this in another post, "
    I didn't even rename it to update.zip. I just selected the option "Install ROM from SD Card" in ROM Manager Premium and selected the file. Make sure you WIPE DATA AND CACHE. Backup is optional. I like Titanium, but make sure you do not restore system data. Apps only." the part I noticed was do not restore system data. This was posted by nickshertzer.That might be where I went wrong, Ill check this out.

Hey guys. Firstly, thanks so much for the super words of wisdom on this!
    I'm currently running CM6 and after many many hours of reading this forum i've decided to install this rom this morning. I did not partition the sd card as i just want to see if i like the rom before doing the "harder stuff". I have encountered one pretty major problem... I dont have any mobile network (E / 3G / H). In the settings it just says Mobile Network: Turning on... I can't even google anything. Any thoughts on any settings i've maybe missed?
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by seakins View Post
    I'm currently running CM6 and after many many hours of reading this forum i've decided to install this rom this morning. I did not partition the sd card as i just want to see if i like the rom before doing the "harder stuff". I have encountered one pretty major problem... I dont have any mobile network (E / 3G / H). In the settings it just says Mobile Network: Turning on... I can't even google anything. Any thoughts on any settings i've maybe missed?
    Cheers!
    What version did you flash? 1.21 has some issues with the included kernel because of the advanced hibernate mode or something. 1.20 is near stable IMHO. I think I'll add that to OP so people will know which version to flash.

It's funny, Judeeg used to say that the odd number releases were the sweet spot, and then around 1.16 it flipped to the even. 1.17 was bad, 1.18 was the "mulligan edition", 1.19 was immediately follow by 1.19.1 oops edition, 1.20 was on my phone for a week straight (wow!).

Of course flashing is addicting, and I didn't stay on NXSense all week, I flashed Enoms ROM and came back to NXSense via nAndroid restore. I just have to have my Rosie Sense!

Cheers!
    Does that mean you only omitted step 4 from the OP and followed all the other instructions exactly?

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Cheers!
    What version did you flash? 1.21 has some issues with the included kernel because of the advanced hibernate mode or something. 1.20 is near stable IMHO. I think I'll add that to OP so people will know which version to flash.

It's funny, Judeeg used to say that the odd number releases were the sweet spot, and then around 1.16 it flipped to the even. 1.17 was bad, 1.18 was the "mulligan edition", 1.19 was immediately follow by 1.19.1 oops edition, 1.20 was on my phone for a week straight (wow!).

Of course flashing is addicting, and I didn't stay on NXSense all week, I flashed Enoms ROM and came back to NXSense via nAndroid restore. I just have to have my Rosie Sense!
    Sounds like you have been busy having fun Nick.

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Sounds like you have been busy having fun Nick.
    Yeah... My wife hates my phone...

Cheers!
    Try toggling Airplane mode (hold Power button - Airplane mode) to ON, reboot, toggle Off, reboot. Sometimes that will fix a mobile operator error. But it sounds like maybe it is a bad flash.

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links