[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; dragongunner Did you ever figure out why yours wife's phone was freezing after restoring TB? My phone did the same and I had to restore ...

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

dragongunner

Did you ever figure out why yours wife's phone was freezing after restoring TB? My phone did the same and I had to restore from BU. I started over but have not yet done the TB restore apps and data.

I did read Nick's directions again and he said step 1 "but make sure you do not restore system data. Apps only." But later step 7 says "Launch Titanium Backup - Menu – Batch – RUN “Restore all apps with data”

So do you think that's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jjcgolf72 View Post
    dragongunner

Did you ever figure out why yours wife's phone was freezing after restoring TB? My phone did the same and I had to restore from BU. I started over but have not yet done the TB restore apps and data.

I did read Nick's directions again and he said step 1 "but make sure you do not restore system data. Apps only." But later step 7 says "Launch Titanium Backup - Menu – Batch – RUN “Restore all apps with data”

So do you think that's the problem?
    There is a difference between restoring all system data and apps with data. So follow the instruction in step 7 and restore only apps with data. I believe it has something to do with system code differences between cyanogen and the sense ui (if I am wrong I am sure another member will correct me). Which is the reason for Nick's direction in the OP.

I still have not figured out what program that I backed up with TB was causing the crash. So I did not restore anything with TB on my wifes phone. She had minimal programs anyway so it was easy to just re-download them from the market. If you are still experiencing the issue you may consider this method.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Current evil is running and I am picking/choosing apps with data. I think you probably are correct. I ran restore all missing apps with data the first time and froze at main screen. Let me know if you figure out and I will you if I figure out. Probably going to do one/two at a time and back up.

Nick,

In step 4 section f of the OP when your copied all contents of sd card saved on computer back to your sd card again did you replace the files: .lost and android?

Once the partition was completed I noticed those two files there. Am I to leave those files alone or replace them with what was previously saved?

jjcgolf72,

Thanks. I will keep you posted (as soon as my wife gives me back her phone).
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by jjcgolf72 View Post
    Current evil is running and I am picking/choosing apps with data. I think you probably are correct. I ran restore all missing apps with data the first time and froze at main screen. Let me know if you figure out and I will you if I figure out. Probably going to do one/two at a time and back up.
    Ditto, with me .as long as I don't restore all missing apps ,it doesn't.'t freeze up.I'll also check apps

Thanks for the fix! Woot-woot!. I've got the mobile network to stick now. Used the airoplane mode on/off and that reset it.

I left out step 4, 6 and 8. Still got to get to 8. We having a baby tomorrow and not alot of time to mess about LOL! Dont mind the 40Mb in system memory for now. Got plenty of space for photos on memory card! Thats all im going to use!

First time round i loaded all apps and data from TB and screen froze. Battery pull. Today i loaded missing apps with data and that worked. So must definately be a difference.

Thanks again chaps! Awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by seakins View Post
    We having a baby tomorrow and not alot of time to mess about LOL!
    Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Nick,

In step 4 section f of the OP when your copied all contents of sd card saved on computer back to your sd card again did you replace the files: .lost and android?

Once the partition was completed I noticed those two files there. Am I to leave those files alone or replace them with what was previously saved?

jjcgolf72,

Thanks. I will keep you posted (as soon as my wife gives me back her phone).
    I did not copy back the files / folders that were there default after the EXT partition was created.

RE: SD Card restore after EXT partition:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post75086

Quote Originally Posted by seakins View Post
    We having a baby tomorrow and not alot of time to mess about LOL!
    Congratulations too.

InViSiBLe-cHoKe by TaPaTaLk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links