[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by nickshertzer Originally Posted by judeeg Yes, I kind of thought I should back up and I also copied my sd card to ...

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post

Yes, I kind of thought I should back up and I also copied my sd card to my computer. If this is what it takes to get more room I will be doing it. Gotta run for now though. I will be checking back in a few hours. Keep me posted...
    I partitioned a 512 MB ext3 with a 64 MB swap using ROM Manager. I have a 16 GB Class 6 SD card, so shouldn't be a problem. It did in fact wipe my SD card. Right now I have a bunch of default icons on my home screens... but will work on restoring from TB. I copied everything back onto my SD card (except the 4 directories that were already there - .footprints LOST and tmp and one other).

I popped open Terminal and ran those four a2sd commands. Reboot and now I have 120MB of free space on the system partition! Now to restore TB backups and wonder why I didn't go ahead to eVil D NX 1.15 during all this!
    Oh WOW! What a difference that made! I have been reading more off and on since I have been home. I just ran across this and was going to ask you if it meant the app was included. lol I am really confused on this now. lol But I really like the rom so it is worth it. This is what I ran across.

__________________________________________________ _______
    Not sure if you should use this program?

Take a look at these roms that currently run Darktremor Apps2SD:
    Nexus One:
    Kang-o-rama Froyo ROM - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6973422

eViL n-One-sh0t - [ROM][FRF91] eViL n-One-sh0t Noir 7 Redeux EXT a2sd {KERNEL UPDATE}[7/18/10] - xda-developers

Froyo AOSP - [ROM] J_r0dd's AOSP v1.0.1 Stable **Superuser 2.2.2 + ext apps2sd - xda-developers

eViL's Q&D NXSense - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.16 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/13/10] - xda-developers

NAZTech Plain Frozen Yogurt - [ROMs] NAZTech PFY rEVOlution 1r8 / AOSP 1r5 (Fast Froyo ROMs) [09-13-10] - xda-developers

RoDrIgUeZsTyLe CM6 LimeMOD - [ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe CM6 Final LimeMOD R5 Apps2ext/720p/TBW/TBC/LockMusic [08/30/10] - xda-developers

AndroidLab.it - [ROM] AndroidLab.it v1.0 - You'll be assimilated!A2sd+720p support+advanced install - xda-developers
    __________________________________________________ _

So if you did ok doing it your way, sounds good to me too! I have a 16 GB Class 4 SD card. I will wait till later tonight so I want be bothered by phone calls. That is my concentration time.ha

Thanks for letting me know this! I hope I get that much room back! AND, yes, why didn't you put the 1.15 on while you were at it? lol I have the 1.15 and it is running great. The camera, gps, maps and I swear.....the phone is louder! It was fully charged around 9:30 this morning. I have been talking on it, messing with everything on it all day and now down to 89%. I love this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Yes, I kind of thought I should back up and I also copied my sd card to my computer. If this is what it takes to get more room I will be doing it. Gotta run for now though. I will be checking back in a few hours. Keep me posted...
    I partitioned a 512 MB ext3 with a 64 MB swap using ROM Manager. I have a 16 GB Class 6 SD card, so shouldn't be a problem. It did in fact wipe my SD card. Right now I have a bunch of default icons on my home screens... but will work on restoring from TB. I copied everything back onto my SD card (except the 4 directories that were already there - .footprints LOST and tmp and one other).

I popped open Terminal and ran those four a2sd commands. Reboot and now I have 120MB of free space on the system partition! Now to restore TB backups and wonder why I didn't go ahead to eVil D NX 1.15 during all this!
    Did you get "Terminal" from the market?
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I downloaded Terminal Emulator from the market. You could also use adb shell from your desktop. A2sd is preinstalled with this Rom.

If you already have the ext3 partition, it should be A simple as running those a2sd commands. I had never created the partition and it wipes your SD card when you do that. Just running those a2sd commands just moves a bunch of stuff in the Dalvick cache to SD and reboots. Does not affect any data or installed programs at that point.

I love the battery on my N1 using this Rom! I see 1.16 is already out so I'm not too upset about skipping the update. You'll always be behind somewhat.

This is a pretty good guide to restoring after flash:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.16 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/13/10]

And I quote:
    1) Nandroid backup (Clockwork from RomManager)
    2) complete wipe
    3) install Rom, let it boot up
    4) skipped initial setup, Settings/Apps/enableUnknownSources, go into TitaniumBackup, restore Terminal and RomManager
    5) (if you've enabled a2sd) in Terminal, applied script to move davlik cache to sd:
    Go into terminal and type;
    su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

6) boot into Recovery
    7) Restore/AdvanceRestore/...restore data/cache/ext
    8) reboot
    9) recovery to apply themes/transparent widgets

All fully restored.

V1.17 dropped this morning. Haven't installed it yet. Link
    [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.17 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/15/10] - xda-developers

a2sd update:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6493

from terminal:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

your phone should auto reboot.

enter terminal again:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

phone should auto reboot.

check your internal memory

I installed it last night. So far, it is a good one I had tried 1.16 but for some reason, it didn't work out as well and battery drained fast. I went back to 1.15.
    So far, this one (1.17) is a keeper.
    Thanks for spreading the word!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

judeeg,

Have you parttioned your sd card yet. If so, what method and sizes and swap.

I have tried 1.16 and had foreclosures and locks. I am not partioned, but eVil said he doesn't use a2sd either. I have only 25 market apps and usually 165mb+ available. I know rom has a2sd included. Wonder if I could move some just thru android before restroring with TB. a2sd ia entirely new to me. I may try to partition with CWMod or Amon. Not sure what would be better. Would do ext3 512mb min and 64 swap, whatever that is. Already do bu's on my sdcard.

Just kind of doing the research on it atm.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I installed it last night. So far, it is a good one I had tried 1.16 but for some reason, it didn't work out as well and battery drained fast. I went back to 1.15.
    Let me know what you think about 1.17. I've read there are problems with his newest kernel and battery drain problems. I might stick with 1.13 until something solid is resolved. I can't really find anything that makes me care too terribly much about updating in the change log.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    judeeg,

Have you parttioned your sd card yet. If so, what method and sizes and swap.

I have tried 1.16 and had foreclosures and locks. I am not partioned, but eVil said he doesn't use a2sd either. I have only 25 market apps and usually 165mb+ available. I know rom has a2sd included. Wonder if I could move some just thru android before restroring with TB. a2sd ia entirely new to me. I may try to partition with CWMod or Amon. Not sure what would be better. Would do ext3 512mb min and 64 swap, whatever that is. Already do bu's on my sdcard.

Just kind of doing the research on it atm.
    Hi Rugmankc, One thing I can say about this is I am learning new things. But I haven't figured them all out yet. May not either. ha As long as they work I am happy.

As far as partitioned???? I am not sure. I have never done it before. This is what I did. I went into "Rom Manager" ..Partiton SD Card....512...64...and it did the rest. Then I rebooted into recovery..wiped & flashed the new rom 1.17....put everything back on my sd card and restored with titanium. Oh and I also put the theme "TRON" back on. I like that one...
    I can't tell you if I am partitioned or not. lol I assume I am but I don't know how to tell. I haven't done the SU thing for the A2SD. I may later when eVil stops putting out updates. ha Right now, for some reason, I have 60 MB left on my internal drive where it was only 30. So I am ok. I have everything back on. If you only have 25 downloads from market you should be doing great. I have around 55.

I love this camera and video camera on this 1.17. I didn't notice all the extras in 1.15. The zoom is on both video and camera too. The calendar and weather has been up to date. No troubles at all.
    Call quality is great, I had to turn down the volume for the first time.
    WiFi has been staying on steady..
    The maps are right on....GPS and directions are working perfect. Everything seems to run so smooth in this rom. I am really happy with it. There will be another one come along one day that I will like better, I am sure. But for now, this is the best one I have come across.

Hope this helps some. Have a Great Wednesday afternoon!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Let me know what you think about 1.17. I've read there are problems with his newest kernel and battery drain problems. I might stick with 1.13 until something solid is resolved. I can't really find anything that makes me care too terribly much about updating in the change log.

Hey there Nick! I am so happy with you for introducing me to this eVil rom! It has been fantastic. I also have the theme "Tron" on and it has a few extras also. I wrote Rugmankc above this one. Telling how everything is working so far. If you will read from that I hate to make this post longer. ha

the battery on this one has been good. Better than CM6.0 for me anyway. I charged it last night, played last night and most the day today and still have 40% left on battery. WIFI on all the time. GPS on half the time. It should last me at least 24 hours or more. the most I could get before was around 9 to 12 or less playing like I have last night and today. I am happy with it. 1.16 was a real battery drain for me. I took it off after 24 hours. I had recharged 3 times. lol

I would stay with 1.13 if I were you till eVil stops updating. If that one is running good for you. I liked 1.15 but this 1.17 is even better. So he is on the right track.

Hope your day is going good!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links