[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks judeeg, Don't remember seeing that....

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

Thanks judeeg,

Don't remember seeing that.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Thanks judeeg,

Don't remember seeing that.
    I think he did it today. That was thoughtful!
    I am reading over it now also...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Ok. If you are coming from CM6 or any other NON-SENSE rom (like stock) the fastest way to restore is to skip the google sign on. Titanium Backup is already installed on this rom. Launch it and restore all APPs, BUT NOT SYSTEM DATA. The Sense UI has a different database for contacts and SMS messages. I use Google Voice for SMS and Exchange for contacts, so I'm not sure what to do if you don't have that configuration. I'm sure that Launcher Pro works fine on this ROM. People with HTC Desire use Launcher pro to get more of a "stock ui" feel... I'm using this rom to get more of a polished feel of the HTC Sense UI with their AWESOME widgets.

Once you are on the eVil NXSense upgrade cycle, which is non-stop, you can follow the steps in the OP (of this thread) to backup and restore ALL settings and apps, (including site logon passwords, home screen widget setups, etc) without using TB.

Also... LOL about me being able to answer your question like I'm some sort of expert dev! I'm just a regular user that happens to be pretty good at searching Google to find this stuff Well, system admin actually, but definitely not a dev!

I partitioned the sd with Rom Mgr. 512/32. Didn't offer me a choice on ext#. Hope it is 3.

Don't know if time to reflash 1.17 or 1.18 tonite.

When I now flash does it prompt you to move apps, since a2sd is part of rom and it should know I have a partition. If not, it is my inderstanding to install TB and Terminal. Wait on gapps? Or, do I do gapps and wifi first to dl TB and terminal from market first. Once Term installed run the 4 lines of script in your previous post before I restore with TB. Usually I run Launcher Pro at this point to get all screens back. Sounds like you did something else Nick to restore your screens. Although, I guess you already have an eVil bu. I don't.

Just trying to get an idea of the exact steps on this with a2sd. Had cyan restores after flash down pat. Feels like I am starting all over again.

Run from Terminal:
    su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd
    The a2sd commands just moves the Dalvik Cache to the SD freeing up internal memory proportionate to the amount of programs you have installed. It is basically the optimized bytecode for all of the apps installed on your system. It does not move the programs themselves. This means that you still could go through Application manager and "move to SD". Make sure you do not move apps with a home screen widget as those widgets will not work and you will have to uninstall / reinstall the app.

What is Dalvik Cache? - xda-developers

With 1.17, I'm not sure this is that big of a problem anymore. After a clean wipe and install I had 108 MB before moving the Dalvik cache. When I installed 1.13 originally, I had 30 MB of internal space and that goes quick when Flash 10.1 is like 12MB.

Thanks Nick,

I have been reading and reading and googling, but I don't learn well reading, I need to do.

I don't understand step 5. Can you break it down.

Like how do i enable a2sd, and "applied script to move davlik cache to sd"? What does that mean as far doing it on phone.

Does the 4 script lines put all apps to sd

I have to look at advanced restore. I thought you had to pick a bu from which to do that. Or, maybe that don't matter since you are restoring only data, correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I like to get it right the first time.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I partitioned the sd with Rom Mgr. 512/32. Didn't offer me a choice on ext#. Hope it is 3.

Don't know if time to reflash 1.17 or 1.18 tonite.

When I now flash does it prompt you to move apps, since a2sd is part of rom and it should know I have a partition. If not, it is my inderstanding to install TB and Terminal. Wait on gapps? Or, do I do gapps and wifi first to dl TB and terminal from market first. Once Term installed run the 4 lines of script in your previous post before I restore with TB. Usually I run Launcher Pro at this point to get all screens back. Sounds like you did something else Nick to restore your screens. Although, I guess you already have an eVil bu. I don't.

Just trying to get an idea of the exact steps on this with a2sd. Had cyan restores after flash down pat. Feels like I am starting all over again.

Run from Terminal:
    su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd
    The a2sd commands just moves the Dalvik Cache to the SD freeing up internal memory proportionate to the amount of programs you have installed. It is basically the optimized bytecode for all of the apps installed on your system. It does not move the programs themselves. This means that you still could go through Application manager and "move to SD". Make sure you do not move apps with a home screen widget as those widgets will not work and you will have to uninstall / reinstall the app.

What is Dalvik Cache? - xda-developers

With 1.17, I'm not sure this is that big of a problem anymore. After a clean wipe and install I had 108 MB before moving the Dalvik cache. When I installed 1.13 originally, I had 30 MB of internal space and that goes quick when Flash 10.1 is like 12MB.
    Oh my gosh! You wont believe this! I just followed your directions on the first page of this thread...
    Internal Memory Low fix:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6493

I now have 131MB internal memory! I am so excited!!!!
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Thanks Nick,

I have been reading and reading and googling, but I don't learn well reading, I need to do.

I don't understand step 5. Can you break it down.

Like how do i enable a2sd, and "applied script to move davlik cache to sd"? What does that mean as far doing it on phone.

I have to look at advanced restore. I thought you had to pick a bu from which to do that. Or, maybe that don't matter since you are restoring only data, correct?

Sorry for all the questions, I like to get it right the first time.

Ken
    Ken, I just followed this and all worked great! The Terminal program does it all....

from terminal:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd reinstall

your phone should auto reboot.

enter terminal again:

su
    a2sd check
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd cachesd

phone should auto reboot.

check your internal memory
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Thanks, you beat me on that last post.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    I only doubled what I had. lol You about tripled! I had 30 with 1.15 and 60 with 1.17. Odd huh? I got everything back on that I had before so I am happy.

How are you liking 1.17? Have you gotten a chance to play yet...
    How are you flashing? I'm using ROM Manager Premium 2.0.2.6. I choose "Install ROM from SD Card" and then "Backup Existing ROM" and "Wipe Data and Cache". The "Backup" gives you a Nandroid (I saw you asked about that somewhere). You can also hold the Power button and choose Reboot - Recovery to get into Clockworkmod (or AmonRA). I don't usually spend a lot of time going into Clockwork, but doing the restore steps I added to the OP works great when updating between eVil's versions.

So far I'm liking 1.17 a whole lot! The biggest problem that got me to leave 1.13 was the voice recognition for Voice Search was awful. Glad to say that Voice Search 2.0.1 with voice actions works great (again... like stock). You were right about the sounds being louder also. Hope the battery is good, read some questionable comments on the XDA forum. I can't imagine anyone other than eVil has read through all 6XX pages (and counting). Of course our thread is getting kind of long too

Oh yeah... and the NFL app works again! WooHoo!

It just means open Terminal Emulator and run those commands starting with "su" and "a2sd"

The script does not move the apps, just the optimized byte code in the cache. Just a fancy way to squeeze some more space out of the ROM. Problem is the N1 only has like 512 MB of internal memory where as newer phones running HTC Sense such as the Desire has 16 GB.

But, as I posted before, 1.17 seems to be even better optimized unless it just picked up on the fact that I had already moved the cache on 1.13.

Advanced Restore is only after you have installed eVil NXSense and you are upgrading version (1.16 to 1.17 for instance)
    There do seem to be a couple steps missing in the "advanced restore". I use Clockworkmod Recover and I did have to choose:
    Backup and Restore
    Advanced restore
    Choose a date (ex. 2010-09-16.00.25.25/ )
    Restore data
    Restore cache
    Restore sd-ext
    (these last 3 restore steps take quite some time... wait!)
    Reboot

The system will take a long time to boot... wait! It is worth it

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links