[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks Nick, appreciate your advice....

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 391

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

  1. #81
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Thanks Nick, appreciate your advice.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  2. #82
    Senior Member Zehlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    263
    1.18 just dropped. Do I need to do a wipe every morning with an update?

  3. #83
    Senior Member nickshertzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    1.18 just dropped. Do I need to do a wipe every morning with an update?
    HA! Over at XDA they have one guy asking if he can get a mid-afternoon update as well! LOL. It takes about an hour to restore via the advanced nandroid method, but it does in fact get everything back installed and configured as it was before.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Zehlek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    1.18 just dropped. Do I need to do a wipe every morning with an update?
    HA! Over at XDA they have one guy asking if he can get a mid-afternoon update as well! LOL. It takes about an hour to restore via the advanced nandroid method, but it does in fact get everything back installed and configured as it was before.
    I was asking if it was necessary to do a wipe with each update?

  5. #85
    Senior Member nickshertzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I was asking if it was necessary to do a wipe with each update?
    Yes. Using Rom manager, choose Backup ROM and Wipe Data & Cache. Then Flash, then follow advanced restore method to get all of your data back. Using Titanium only gets back your apps. The advanced restore gets back your home screen layout (widgets included, eat that Launcher Pro and ADW!), also restores bookmarks, saved form passwords, custom ringtones, alarms, custom boot animation (I hate the static HTC one...) everything.

    Advanced restore is linked in OP.

  6. #86
    Senior Member dragongunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    504
    Hi all. I just installed Evil's sense rom v1.18. So far so good (one click rooter here). 720p seems to be working excellent. Test vid's produced 22fps. Layout is verrrry different but its exciting playing with a new set up, sort of like a whole new phone again. I ran the quadrant standard benchmark test and scored lower than with CM6. Speed test was about the same. Overall not too shabby. I hope the battery holds up well.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

    DragonGunner

  7. #87
    Junior Member du_bhai420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    20

    Question

    As my signature says, I am on CM6 thru 1 click root, rom manager, and CW Mod. Did not use Titanium Backup as I wanted a 'clean' install.

    I am really interested in evil's rom and was wondering if somebody could tell me exactly what I need to do to get this. I know there is a lot involved with EXT3 and a2sd, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

  8. #88
    Senior Member nickshertzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    720p seems to be working excellent. Test vid's produced 22fps.
    What are you using to see the fps?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Layout is verrrry different but its exciting playing with a new set up, sort of like a whole new phone again. I ran the quadrant standard benchmark test and scored lower than with CM6. Speed test was about the same. Overall not too shabby. I hope the battery holds up well.
    I personally love "Scenes". I always had to decide which widgets had to make the cut. Now I have like 28 home screens Just hit the menu button while on the home screen.

    Interesting about the benchmark. My informal testing was just the fact it feels so smooth! What was the benchmark score difference? Did you make sure SetCPU was optimized (as it is default installed in this ROM, I believe it is set to "userspace"... maybe "performance" would improve your scores?)

  9. #89
    Senior Member nickshertzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by du_bhai420 View Post
    As my signature says, I am on CM6 thru 1 click root, rom manager, and CW Mod. Did not use Titanium Backup as I wanted a 'clean' install.

    I am really interested in evil's rom and was wondering if somebody could tell me exactly what I need to do to get this. I know there is a lot involved with EXT3 and a2sd, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The issue is the ROM is 129 MB and the Nexus one system partition is like 192 MB (or something like that). You don't HAVE to do anything, but if you want more space, backup your sd card, format EXT3 partition via ROM Manager, restore SD card from backup, run those four a2sd commands linked in OP.

    I think I would suggest 1.16 at this point for the most stable. 1.18 is ok, but battery isn't as good as 1.13 (where I started with it) but it had AWFUL voice recognition, basically completely broken. I think from what I've read, 1.16 might be where it is at.

    Hope that helps!

  10. #90
    Senior Member dragongunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    720p seems to be working excellent. Test vid's produced 22fps.
    What are you using to see the fps?

    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Layout is verrrry different but its exciting playing with a new set up, sort of like a whole new phone again. I ran the quadrant standard benchmark test and scored lower than with CM6. Speed test was about the same. Overall not too shabby. I hope the battery holds up well.
    I personally love "Scenes". I always had to decide which widgets had to make the cut. Now I have like 28 home screens Just hit the menu button while on the home screen.

    Interesting about the benchmark. My informal testing was just the fact it feels so smooth! What was the benchmark score difference? Did you make sure SetCPU was optimized (as it is default installed in this ROM, I believe it is set to "userspace"... maybe "performance" would improve your scores?)
    For testing FPS I use a program called "media info". It was suggested by another member of this forum and its free to download. It seems good but its the only one that I have used so I have no way of verifying its accuracy.

    I dont have the exact benchmark scores written down (and have deleted the program as I use it then uninstall), but my average benchmark with CM6 was 1600 and change. Now with evils rom its around 1200 and change. Just want to say that everything is still very smooth.

    I have optimized with setcpu but have not yet put scaling on performance. I have it set on demand but will place it on performance and perform another test.

    So far I am very pleased though and will keep the rom to play with for a few days to see how it holds up. Your informal testing for smoothness is right on the money though. My wife love it on my nexus and wants it on hers. She'll have to wait a couple days until my informal testing is done.

    Thanks for all the great info and the post. Because of your input I went with this and love it so far.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

    DragonGunner

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

@picme-sas.com
,
c-rom v7.1 addons
,
com.koushikdutta rommanager v1.5
,
cyanogen fm radio apk froyo 2.2
,
download stock rom mini evil tron legacy
,
evil d 1.14 sense ui rom installing
,
evil operator apk
,
kitchensink v rom
,
mms apk tron legacy evil
,
rom evil nexus one
,
v.2.0.2.6 rom manager clockworkmod apk
,

where to download kitchen sink rom

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum