[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

This is a discussion on [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.21 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/11/10] - xda-developers This is the (mostly) stable Nexus One Desire port. The dev ...

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.15 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink

[ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.21 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/11/10] - xda-developers

This is the (mostly) stable Nexus One Desire port. The dev is currently working on his Desire HD Port Quick Jump to Desire HD Step by Step Install & NexusOneForum Custom ROMS Discussion

Say what you will about HTC Sense UI, but FM TUNER WORKS!

Please note, I am not the dev, just a regular joe like you. This thread is primarily intended to discuss user experience with this rom and not detailed troubleshooting.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then here is a video (not mine, from XDA OP):
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-h7cMNQUcY[/ame]

-------------------------------------------------
    Step by step for installation

Recomended: read the Easy Root App sticky thread, nAndroid backup and maybe even install CM6 first. Get comfortable flashing your phone:
    FRF91: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

Having trouble rooting FRG83 OTA?
    FRG83: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ootloader.html
    Pre-requisites to follow these particular instructions:
    Rooted phone
    ROM Manager Premium
    Clockworkmod 2.5.1.0
    Titanium Backup
    Radio version 4.06 (recommended) or 5.08
    This ROM is capable of overclock with eVil’s custom kernel (included in ROM) but requires SetCPU to be installed.

1. Backup via Titanium Backup - Menu > Batch > Backup all user Apps
    (Note: you may back up system data, but DO NOT RESTORE SYSTEM DATA if coming from a non Sense UI such as stock or Cyanogenmod. Sense uses a different database structure for contacts and SMS)

2. Download eVil-NXSense-v1.xx.zip from eVil D's MediaFire hosting here (1.20 recommended):
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

3. Backup SD card by copying entire contents to your computer.

4. [Optional Step] Launch ROM Manager and partition EXT
    NOTE: This creates a EXT2 partition. New instructions for EXT3 using Amon_RA will be out soon here: Post 75891
    a. Partition SD Card
    b. EXT Size: 512 MB
    c. Swap Size: 0MB
    d. Partitioning your SD Card will wipe ALL the data on your card, are you sure?: OK
    e. phone will automatically reboot, once recovery is finished
    f. Restore SD card by copying entire contents back from computer
    Possible better way using Windows freeware tool: MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition
    5. Install ROM Manager (from Market or TB) and Launch ROM Manger and “Install ROM from SD Card”
    a. Browse to /download/eVil-NXSense-v.1.XX.zip (or where ever you have it)
    b. Install Queue: eVil-NXSense-v1.xx.zip Choose OK
    c. ROM Pre-Installation: Check both “Backup Existing ROM” and “Wipe Data and Cache”
    d. Phone will reboot to recovery and install eVil’s Sense ROM!
    e. (Note: GAPPS and whole bunch of other stuff such as TB is preinstalled with this ROM)

6. [Optional Step] Reclaim Internal Storage (If you created EXT Partition in step 4)
    a. Install Android Terminal Emulator (by Jack Palevich) from TB or Market and launch Terminal
    b.Type in the following:
    su
    a2sd check
    a2sd zipalign
    a2sd noswap (OPTIONAL: this is if you created a swap partition in step 4 other than 0MB)
    a2sd cachesd
    Phone will automatically reboot now.
    check your internal memory
    7. [Optional Step] Restore via TB
    a. From home screen – hit Menu, Settings, Applications, check “Unknown Sources”
    b. Launch Titanium Backup - Menu – Batch – RUN “Restore all apps with data”

8. [Optional Step] Install a theme
    a. Download a theme from here:
    [THEME] Sense by Cubanaso - xda-developers
    or just the Smooth Sense icons for battery percentage etc. here:
    [MOD] Smooth Sense Icons v.1.0 (now with screenshots) - xda-developers
    b. Open ROM Manager and “Install ROM from SD Card”
    c. Choose Theme, Install Queue:, click OK
    d. ROM Preinstallation: -check “backup existing ROM” - DO NOT CHECK “wipe data and cache”
    e. Phone will reboot to recovery and install zip

===================

Themes:
    eViL's Theme Post
    [THEME] Sense by Cubanaso - xda-developers
    Smooth Sense Icons

Google Apps that can Co-Exist with HTC apps (Clock, Gallery3d, Email)
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post76999

HD Flip Clock
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.20 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/21/10]

Hate the 1.20 "Arrows" keyboard? Me too:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=htc_ime
    Direct Download to "highres Froyo 2.2":
    http://www.hallerud.se/htc_ime_jonasl_hires22_27.zip

WiFi Hotspot fix:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.18 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/16/10]
    Go to WiFi Hotspot - Menu button - Advanced - Wifi Channel - Set to static (anything other than auto)

Read more re: a2sd Internal Memory Low fix:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.20 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/21/10]

Restore after Wipe and Flash:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] eViL's NXSense v.1.18 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink [9/16/10]
    OPTIONAL - Rugmankc's Backup and Restore Steps (Note: you do lose changelog updates with this method)

Donate to Dev:
    http://tinyurl.com/ykf69kt

Follow Dev on Twitter:
    Daniel Hall (RuNuH) on Twitter

-------------------------------------------------
    I posted this in the CM6 nightly discussion and thought maybe it deserved its own thread.

I know everyone loves CM6. I'm not sure if I never found the right kernel combo or maybe ADW launcher just wasn't for me. but I always had little problems. first off is battery. I think it is an established fact that CM6 eats battery way more than 5. now I got my N1 in July and have never ran anything other than froyo. I rooted pretty much right away and started playing with roms and just assumed the n1 battery was no where near my iPhone 4. that is simply not the case. I am on a Desire Sense Rom and unplugged for 16 hours with heavy fantasy football use and I'm still at 55%. with CM6 I would run all the way down to 10% after 12 hours daily.
    Second problem I had with CM6 (and even stock to an extent) was smoothness of home screen scrolling. At first I thought maybe launcher plus was the problem. Then I had the same problem with ADW. Screen switching would lag just a split second behind my finger. Not everytime. Mostly just the first time then the system would catch up. Maybe I'm nit picking. But now I have evil d desire Rom and it is smooth like butter.
    I'm starting to like the dialer on sense, it is VERY different. The HTC widgets are great and it overall is the icing on the froyo cake. So far, I love it. If only for the fact that I can literally use my phone for twice as long.

The auto light sensor does not work. You have to manually adjust the brightness. Not a deal breaker for me. I hate the auto light sensor anyway. It always just messes with my eyes while I'm reading.

Oh yeah... fm tuner works.
    ----------------------------------
    My Apps List
    com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk
    com.adobe.reader-1.apk
    com.adobe.showcase-1.apk
    com.aiteam.silenttogglewidget-2.apk
    com.android.deskclock-1.apk
    com.android.keepass-2.apk
    com.android.music-1.apk
    com.androidemu.sneslite-2.apk
    com.apksoftware.compass-1.apk
    com.att.myWireless-1.apk
    com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard-1.apk
    com.aws.android-1.apk
    com.batterypoweredgames.deadlychambersdemo-1.apk
    com.bigtincan.android.adfree-1.apk
    com.bw.picme.local-2.apk
    com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid-1.apk
    com.codingcaveman.SoloTrial-1.apk
    com.cooliris.media-1.apk
    com.dooblou.SECuRETLiveStreamBETA-2.apk
    com.dropbox.android-2.apk
    com.ebay.mobile-2.apk
    com.evernote-1.apk
    com.facebook.katana-1.apk
    com.farproc.wifi.analyzer-1.apk
    com.feebe.rings-2.apk
    com.fivemobile.thescore-2.apk
    com.flowerpig.lwp.circuit-1.apk
    com.freecaddie-1.apk
    com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftLG09.LetsGolf-1.apk
    com.google.android.apps.chrometophone-1.apk
    com.google.android.apps.listen-1.apk
    com.google.android.apps.shopper-1.apk
    com.google.android.apps.unveil-2.apk
    com.google.android.apps.updates.widget-1.apk
    com.google.android.gm-1.apk
    com.google.android.maps.mytracks-1.apk
    com.google.zxing.client.android-2.apk
    com.htc.rosiewidgets.note-1.apk
    com.htc.rosiewidgets.tipcalculator-1.apk
    com.hyperdevbox.exzeus-1.apk
    com.imdb.mobile-1.apk
    com.infonow.bofa-1.apk
    com.intervigil.micdroid-1.apk
    com.jazzmoonstudio.android.widget.flashlight-1.apk
    com.kb.Carrom3D-2.apk
    com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup-1.apk
    com.koushikdutta.rommanager-2.apk
    com.koushikdutta.rommanager.license-1.apk
    com.megagram.widget.myip-1.apk
    com.metago.astro-1.apk
    com.mhuang.overclocking-1.apk
    com.microsoft.mobileexperiences.bing-1.apk
    com.mint-1.apk
    com.mobitv.client.nfl2010-1.apk
    com.pandora.android-1.apk
    com.paypal.android.p2pmobile-1.apk
    com.realarcade.TIK-1.apk
    com.replica.replicaisland-1.apk
    com.rhythmnewmedia.tvdotcom-1.apk
    com.ringdroid-1.apk
    com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore-1.apk
    com.sas.inappwifitoggle.apk
    com.shazam.android-2.apk
    com.shinycore.picsayfree-1.apk
    com.skyfire.browser-2.apk
    com.smartandroidapps.audiowidget-2.apk
    com.splashmoneyandroid-2.zip
    com.stumbleupon.android.app-1.apk
    com.toremote.audio.waveplayer-1.apk
    com.toremote.vncmanager-1.apk
    com.tweetdeck.app-1.apk
    com.twitter.android-1.apk
    com.vibratorapp-1.apk
    googlevoice.apk
    GScriptLite.apk
    jackpal.androidterm-1.apk
    jonasl.ime-1.apk
    Maps.apk
    net.rgruet.android.g3watchdog-1.apk
    nk.bla.android.autostart.apk
    org.cohortor.gstrings-1.apk
    org.freecoder.android.cmplayer.v7-1.apk
    org.jtb.alogcat-1.apk
    uk.co.lilhermit.android.TrackballAlert-1.apk
    VoiceSearch.apk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks Nick,

I have 1.13 on sd card, haven't flashed yet. But, read it was pretty stable. I have around 164mb usually available or more. Think that's enough not to move apps to sd? Hate doing that. Saw it is 126mb.

I will read up on 1.15 issues. I thought this included gapps. No additional flashing needed for that.

OOPS: saw you answered this in the CM6 Nightly thread. I assume Launcher Pro will work since it is Froyo based?
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I will read up on 1.15 issues. I thought this included gapps. No additional flashing needed for that.
    ROM does include GAPPS as it looks to be a direct port of the HTC Desire ROM. In fact, when you click Info, it takes you to an HTC page about your new Desire phone. Wipe and Clear before install. I used ROM Manager Premium. ROM must have been baked in a kitchen, because it has default Titanium Backup already installed as well as an o/c, u/v kernel with SetCPU already enabled with profiles set up.

It is funny, so many people want to install CM6 on there HTC Desire or Incredible to get that "Stock Froyo" experience, and here I am drooling over the Sense UI!

Disclaimer, I am NOT 1 click rooted. I have read that some people have problems with the Recovery image reverting to stock with the one click root. I do however still have the locked bootloader. I followed these instructions to achieve my first root:
    [Tutorial] Root Without Unlocking (Alternative way for all ROMs Vodafone,Korean,US) - xda-developers

I am new at this and I don't want to brick my phone. I am currently running CM6 and am rooted with clockwork recovery. Which files do I download?

I think I'll give it a try. I'm currently on CM6 Nightlies but the battery life sucks. I've noticed that my phone never really sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I am new at this and I don't want to brick my phone. I am currently running CM6 and am rooted with clockwork recovery. Which files do I download?
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

eViL-NXSense-v.1.15.zip

I didn't even rename it to update.zip. I just selected the option "Install ROM from SD Card" in ROM Manager Premium and selected the file. Make sure you WIPE DATA AND CACHE. Backup is optional. I like Titanium, but make sure you do not restore system data. Apps only.

FYI, I'm pretty sure the only way to brick your phone is to pull the battery during a Radio update.

Thanks alot, i'll try it now, also do I need to download an update to Google apps addons? also does it include the FM Radip app or do I need to find it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Thanks alot, i'll try it now, also do I need to download an update to Google apps addons? also does it include the FM Radip app or do I need to find it somewhere?
    Both are included.

Thanks for all your help, I'm still downloading and am at 70%

I just keep playing with it. I have set up a couple of HTC Desire phones for clients and always thought that the Sense UI had more polish than my stock Nexus One. Of course Themed CM6 is a serious contender, but right now this ROM has me loving it.

Hit the menu button and check out the "Scenes". It lets you create different Home Screen layouts depending on situation. So, I created one that is all Music stuff, one that is all Phone, contacts, work stuff, and one that is all Sports scores and updates. Each can have different wallpapers and different widgets.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links