Cyanogen / ADW auto-rotate config options?

This is a discussion on Cyanogen / ADW auto-rotate config options? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I tried changing my ADW config so that instead of having 4x4, I had 5 rows and 4 columns. In portrait mode it looked perfect ...

Thread: Cyanogen / ADW auto-rotate config options?

Cyanogen / ADW auto-rotate config options?

I tried changing my ADW config so that instead of having 4x4, I had 5 rows and 4 columns. In portrait mode it looked perfect - not squashed at all. When I rotated though, ADW tried to maintain the same 4 columns over 5 rows and it looks really bad. I tried the option for avoiding squashing but that didn't help much.

My question is, does anyone know if it's possible to make ADW handle auto-rotate more intelligently ? I'm thinking that when in portrait mode it should be 5 rows and 4 columns, but when it rotates 90 degrees, it should flip that to be 4 rows and 5 columns. It would be also good if, rather than trying to maintain the same left to right and top to bottom order in the landscape mode (and failing miserably), it should leave all the icons in exactly the same place, but only rotate the icons 90 degrees instead. So if for example you had your facebook icon (in portrait mode) down near the home button, when you rotate the phone, the facebook icon is still right next to the home button, it's just rotated 90 degrees now.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have the exact same question ... only the OP worded it better.

It's not really what you want, but try scrollcut from the market. You can add a vertical or horizontal widget with 5 shortcuts (or how many you want)...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

What I ended up doing is disabling auto-rotate on ADW. I think auto-rotate is a great feature on apps in general, but when it comes to the desktop icons, I don't really care if they rotate. I can easily see what I'm pressing on when they don't rotate.

Once I accepted this as how I'll keep it, I ended up having 5x6 and it looks great.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links