Question on CM6

This is a discussion on Question on CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was rooted with CM6 but ran into a problem. I stream radio stations through my phone into my car speakers when driving and it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on CM6

Question on CM6

I was rooted with CM6 but ran into a problem. I stream radio stations through my phone into my car speakers when driving and it worked fine with adobe and froyo but sounds like demonic demons are talking with CM6. Is this a known issue with CM6 or did I do something wrong? I went back to stock 2.2 and it works again but miss the speed I had with CM6.
    [ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD V1..5

^Now there is a ROM with some goodies

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The kernals that come with CM6 have an audio boost which can distort sounds. Try a kernal with No Audio boost and see if that makes a difference.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    The kernals that come with CM6 have an audio boost which can distort sounds. Try a kernal with No Audio boost and see if that makes a difference.
    any idea where one to could find a nice explanation and list of kernels and what they pack? Been searching around and found some but none that specifically address audio boost or lack of. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphieSpeaks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    any idea where one to could find a nice explanation and list of kernels and what they pack? Been searching around and found some but none that specifically address audio boost or lack of. Thanks.
    Sure. Here's a link with a lot of info on kernals.
    [Kernel] [.35.4] HAVS (In-Testing) SVS + 1113MHz + 720p support (08/27/10) - xda-developers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was rooted with CM6 but ran into a problem. I stream radio stations through my phone into my car speakers when driving and it worked fine with adobe and froyo but sounds like demonic demons are talking with CM6. Is this a known issue with CM6 or did I do something wrong? I went back to stock 2.2 and it works again but miss the speed I had with CM6.
    Those demonic demons are the worst!!! :rofl3:

I had sound quality issues with Pandora when I switched from 2.1 to 2.2

I'm not sure if it was updates to Pandora or updating to CM6 that fixes this for me.

iphoneslayer-

thanks for the help the wildmonks no boost seemed to correct the problem. Now a final question....i was still on stock with root access and just flashed the kernel to test it. Is there a way to flash CM6 back over and not change the kernel to the CM6 kernel or will I have to install CM6 and flash the wildmonks kernel again. Thanks.

Glad it worked. Everytime you flash a new rom, you'll have to re-flash your custom kernal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spoke to soon. put cm6 back on and the wildmonks kernel and the sound is messed up still. took off cm6 and it works again.....must be something in cm6 itself.

spoke to soon. put cm6 back on and the wildmonks kernel and the sound is messed up still. took off cm6 and it works again.....must be something in cm6 itself.
    What audio application are you using?

I'm not having any audio problems with CM6 (final, not nightly). Is it a nightly build issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    What audio application are you using?

I'm not having any audio problems with CM6 (final, not nightly). Is it a nightly build issue?
    just using adobe flash to stream an online radio feed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links