2 Custom Kernel Questions

This is a discussion on 2 Custom Kernel Questions within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I have a couple of questions about custom kernels. At the moment I'm running stock FRF91 froyo with one of wildmonk's kernels. I rooted ...

Thread: 2 Custom Kernel Questions

Talking 2 Custom Kernel Questions

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about custom kernels. At the moment I'm running stock FRF91 froyo with one of wildmonk's kernels. I rooted my phone using universal androot so unrooting shouldn't be a problem.

1) When the next Android update comes around (Gingerbread most likely) will I have any problems updating if I simply use universal androot to unroot the phone? I wasn't sure if having a custom kernel would mess that up.

2) Does anyone know where I can download the stock FRF91 kernel for my Nexus One just in case I would like to go back to stock completely? I've seen stock ROMs here and there, but I really only need the kernel.

Question 2 was pretty much born from question 1.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When you flash a new rom the kernel will be replaced with the roms kernel. Sorry I don't have the link but there are stock froyo roms on the xda forum.

so say we all via tapatalk

If you use Rom Manager. You can flash the stock froyo rom.
    Open Rom manager>Download ROM>Stock Images>Nexus One FRF91
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

So that answers my 2nd question regarding the stock kernel. It's included in the stock ROM.

If anyone knows the answer to my first question I would really appreciate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links