updating cyanogenmod roms

This is a discussion on updating cyanogenmod roms within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; hello everyone :nexusx:, before you all tell me to search here's the thing i have ,i seen ,i fail at comprehending :/ .i'm a noob ...

Thread: updating cyanogenmod roms

updating cyanogenmod roms

hello everyone :nexusx:, before you all tell me to search here's the thing i have ,i seen ,i fail at comprehending :/ .i'm a noob at this , i just rooted my phone a couple of days ago i have read everywhere about rooting and i guess i understand more about it .i'm running cm6 right now with amon ra 1.8.0.1 recovery .i just want to get a few things clear on how to update cause i seen on his website that 6.1 is coming soon. my following questions are:

do you backup your files in nandroid and titanium backup?

do you have to fully wipe /reset?

do you have to reinstall your apps from the market an all of that to your previously installed apps in the previous rom?

i use launcher pro so i have to re customize everything all over again?

and lastly is this process going to be like the fist time i flashed the rom like touching the android adding my gmail, contacts , and re adding my apps?

i love having a rooted phone i just want to be safe than sorry and i know i'm a noob and everything but please i need this community's help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by danifresh View Post
    hello everyone :nexusx:, before you all tell me to search here's the thing i have ,i seen ,i fail at comprehending :/ .i'm a noob at this , i just rooted my phone a couple of days ago i have read everywhere about rooting and i guess i understand more about it .i'm running cm6 right now with amon ra 1.8.0.1 recovery .i just want to get a few things clear on how to update cause i seen on his website that 6.1 is coming soon. my following questions are:

do you backup your files in nandroid and titanium backup?

do you have to fully wipe /reset?

do you have to reinstall your apps from the market an all of that to your previously installed apps in the previous rom?

i use launcher pro so i have to re customize everything all over again?

and lastly is this process going to be like the fist time i flashed the rom like touching the android adding my gmail, contacts , and re adding my apps?

i love having a rooted phone i just want to be safe than sorry and i know i'm a noob and everything but please i need this community's help

1. Yes

2. Yes (if updating from CM6 for example to EnoM ROM, you need to wipe. If updating from CM6-Newer CM6, no need to wipe.... But you could always do it anyway if you don't mind the hassle.

3.No- You're apps will be restored with Titanium Backup / Google Servers

4. Yes/No.. If you wipe, you will have to reorganize everything if you didn't backup your LauncherPro Settings(there is an option). If you backed the settings up....well your settings/layout is back.

5. Refer to NUMBER 3.

6. When you update a new ROM and wipe, you will have to sign in with your account. If you didn't wipe ( updating from X-X and not X-Y <--- Just examples... Then you will not need to sign in with your account as it will already be there.

Any other issues? Let me know.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Wouldn't an update from CM6.0 to CM6.1 be available as an incremental update? Or is that not possible in the android world? I would hope that the 6.0-6.1 update could be just (effectively) a zip (tar) of all the files changed which would get unzipped to the appropriate folders and then a reboot. No config/data/connection changes affected. Or is that just not how it's released? Is it always a full ROM image only?

I like that touch-to-focus camcorder is coming in 6.1, that's my fav new feature.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Yes if you are coming from CM6 no wipe is required. Just flash 6.1 right on top of 6.0. Simple as that. of course a nandroid is always recommended first.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

thanks you guys that really answered alot of my troubles but another question I had was when i'm in recovery an flash the new gapps and didn't wipe will my google apps be automatically updated?

new gapps will replace the old gapps.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

thanks guys appreciate all the help

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links