Miui rom 2.2

This is a discussion on Miui rom 2.2 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I need to mess with it some more because I can't get the camera to work. Says no apps is avail. Still got some bugs, ...

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Miui rom 2.2

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I need to mess with it some more because I can't get the camera to work. Says no apps is avail. Still got some bugs, overall I like the cleanliness of it. Not so much the iPhone look. Seems like there may still be some bugs obviously as this is fairly new, but I see alot of potential for it. Definitely like it so far. We'll see where it goes, but for right now I'm going back to CM6 till get the bugs worked out.
    Androidfied.

Install went smooth via rom manager. Wow this is sooo different. First impression: Hate the iphone-ish look. Have not played with it a lot so I really dont know its true potential. On a positive note it seems to be very snappy. Will revert back to eViL's NXsense 1.20. until a later date.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Yeah despite the iPhonish look, the UI is so nice and how it's used, I'd hate to use ADW or LPP on top of it. It's not as bland as CM stock or Froyo Stock look. I don't know why my camera wouldn't work. I may redownload it tonight. Between BBQ'ng, Football, and Red River Rivalry game, this is not get as much as focus to play with.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Yeah despite the iPhonish look, the UI is so nice and how it's used, I'd hate to use ADW or LPP on top of it. It's not as bland as CM stock or Froyo Stock look. I don't know why my camera wouldn't work. I may redownload it tonight. Between BBQ'ng, Football, and Red River Rivalry game, this is not get as much as focus to play with.
    Yeah, try to re flash it. Camera is working for me. I tried out the launchers on it and I didn't like it with a launcher.

so say we all via tapatalk

So a couple of things. It don't have app 2 sd built in the way CM6 does. Something about partitioning the SD card, but not sure the proper steps to do that.

FM Radio does work and quite good. Does have Trackball wake but no LED color notifications the way CM6 has. Appears the only color capabilities are for SMS. I don't really want to have to use an app (Track Ball Pro) for it, but I miss that already. From what I can tell the battery is INCREDIBLE. Easily has CM6 beat.

I would compare this as taking step back to stock Froyo to be honest by lack of functions. But better than stock froyo for obvious reason.

I really don't like the apps on the front screens and much prefer an App Drawer
    Unlimited Screen
    Movable Screen with options to select which you want as a home screen (nice feature)
    Does support 720p Video Recording, but lacks alot of the camera features that CM6 had.
    Obviously no themes as this is brand new.
    Still has some Chinese lingo lingering around but for the most part has been updated for English use.
    The way the UI is uniquely designed, it takes away using LPP. I just feel it doesn't do this ROM justice with the nice feature if offers.

I don't know. I might stick with CM6, but I really like this ROM. Maybe I'll just play it out for a while and see how the updates come along.
    Androidfied.

Another feature I like is the pop up SMS on your home screen. That is NICE.
    Androidfied.

Just installed 0.9.30 and wow is it fast and responsive. Camera worked / turned on faster than other roms and had 720p recording. Couldn't find the app drawer? Maybe things would make more sense if I could figure out Japanese.

nAndroid restore via clockworkmod is just so convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    Just installed 0.9.30 and wow is it fast and responsive. Camera worked / turned on faster than other roms and had 720p recording. Couldn't find the app drawer? Maybe things would make more sense if I could figure out Japanese.

nAndroid restore via clockworkmod is just so convenient!
    There is no app drawer natively installed. You would have to install that after flashing.

so say we all via tapatalk

installed it the other night and its smooth!!! and yes it is a totally different experience compared to the other roms. not as boring. camera works for me too...no fcs overall
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

May try, eVil 1.2 and Tron theme hard to beat. Did I misunderstand something or do you have to flash kang first?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links