Miui rom 2.2

This is a discussion on Miui rom 2.2 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dragongunner The one reason I have not installed this version of MIUI is because it appears to be complicated. I am used ...

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Miui rom 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    The one reason I have not installed this version of MIUI is because it appears to be complicated. I am used to just installing the zip file from recovery with rom manager.

Now I hear from folks that rom manager is not working with this rom. If I am that much of a noob when it comes to pushing apk's and such, would I just be better off sticking with rods's miui?
    IMO I would say Yes, Stick to Rod's versions of MIUI for now. But its always good to learn about ADB and Terminal Emulator for Future Reference.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    The one reason I have not installed this version of MIUI is because it appears to be complicated. I am used to just installing the zip file from recovery with rom manager.

Now I hear from folks that rom manager is not working with this rom. If I am that much of a noob when it comes to pushing apk's and such, would I just be better off sticking with rods's miui?
    IMO I would say Yes, Stick to Rod's versions of MIUI for now. But its always good to learn about ADB and Terminal Emulator for Future Reference.
    One question can I do that ADB stuff on my macbook? I see most everyone using a pc?
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Thanks was just looking at a how to for ADB for dummies at xda. Will read on them both.

DragonGunner

No Problemo
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

dragongunner,

I am no expert. But, I have managed to do everything I needed thru Terminal Emulator. Flash radios, kernals, ck my ext if I have Dark Tremor activated, etc.

I hate trying to use SDK. Set up was hard for me to figure out. Although, I got it done and unlocked bootloader and rooted that way.

But, others would have it no other way.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Jeepers! Just trying to set up SDK I found extremely difficult even though the instructions are very clear. I got most of it installed but could not complete the last step in finding the proper path (or something like that). I think it has something to do with not being able to create the .bash_profile properly.

Phew now I have a headache. I might have to hit you up rugmankc for a how to with terminal emulator. I just want to learn how to push apk's and all that fancy stuff I read these guys talking about.

Sorry for the off topic guys.

DragonGunner

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I actually just went ahead and flashed the latest GApps because MIUI didn't have News and Weather and Picasso updates.

Rod version just simplifies the process. The Stock MIUI you have to wait for it to deodexed, language packs made, the flash the deodexed, then flash language pack.

Then you have add all the google apps or flash gapps.

The only thing I don't like about Rod's is that he likes to add way to much bloatware. Most are beneficial and I need them anyways, but I don't want added as systems apps. I don't use task killers, etc. Other than that, it's great, but I don't really see much difference in speed between the two. The week round I'm running with stock because of the new UI layout.
    Androidfied.

dragon,

Another SDK link that mentions bash, guess you use linux. Also has some apk line command info. I have not tried that yet. But, if you don't know commands they should be easily googled or in a wiki somewhere.

I also think TE has a help menu for commands

Steps to Install and UnInstall .apk file on Android G1 Device | Android Development | Android Application Development | Android Game Development | Android Software Development | Google Android Development

Linux Commands on Android - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I may hit you up when you get it going, cause I stink at this
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Dragon,

If you use Terminal, you will need the flash_image zip to put on root of sd and flash.

xda-developers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links