FRG83 Root Question

This is a discussion on FRG83 Root Question within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Deleting cache won't save you space because system will recreate those files. I swear I remember seeing a couple files and deleting them from the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FRG83 Root Question

Deleting cache won't save you space because system will recreate those files.
    I swear I remember seeing a couple files and deleting them from the folder a while ago, but I must be wrong about that because deleting a file disabled a related app. Those files appear to be recording where the app is, so if you delete them you would have to reboot the phone, then the files will be recreated... at least that's what I found out from doing that. but I swear.... oh well.
    My tweak set it automatic, then of course I get the option to move to the card manually. I might try redoing it and see, but that part is actually not a big deal cause I could move to phone if I need to. But I really don't want to run out of space.

I just tried restoring the backup I made before the update. I have more apps installed with some still on the internal storage, and still have more free space. I am really not sure what's going on. I'd had to move couple of apps from internal to SD AND uninstall Google Earth to have the same amount of free space I have now.
    Funny, I got the update notification as soon as the phone got booted up with the backup. I am going to try to apply the update manually ROM manager.

What was I thinking... of course that doesn't work....

I restored the backups of before and after the update back to back to compare the storage difference. After the update the setting shows about 18 MB less of internal storage. Browsing with Root explorer shows me something interesting. Going in data folder shows me the same amount of free space I see from the setting. Again the difference is about 18 MB before and after the update. However, when I go to system folder it shows about 14MB more free space after the update. So, something has moved from system to data with the update? Is that what that means? Can anyone enlighten me on this please??

That all sounds pretty interesting. But I have no idea... Maybe that was part of the update that fixes the security hole by moving some files from one location to another. There also could just be some larger files with more code in it that fixed other issues too. Basically I think we just lost that much more free space in the update.

Nexus one rooting to get roms

Hello!!

hey guys i just updated my nexus to 2.2.1 and i wanna root it so that i ca put like desire rom or other rom

iam new here and can u guys help me ??

can u post simple steps ?????

Tthanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links