I'm quickrooted+CM6, what will 2.21 do to me?

This is a discussion on I'm quickrooted+CM6, what will 2.21 do to me? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; As mentioned in the title, I got root via the quickroot method and installed Cyanogenmod 6 stable. I'm happy with what I've got but I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm quickrooted+CM6, what will 2.21 do to me?

I'm quickrooted+CM6, what will 2.21 do to me?

As mentioned in the title, I got root via the quickroot method and installed Cyanogenmod 6 stable. I'm happy with what I've got but I'm expecting to get hit by the 2.21 update that's trying to hunt me down. Currently I'm hiding behind airplane mode because I don't know what it's going to do to me.

Will I lose root ? Will I lose Cyanogenmod6 ROM and be back to stock (2.21) ?

Or is the update just a minor patch to a couple of files, namely closing the loophole that allowed me to get root, but now I've got it I won't lose it, and I certainly won't lose Cyanogenmod6.

So many uncertainties. Anyone with CM6 already get the update? What happened ?
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Answered your question in the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    If you are running CM6 you will not receive an OTA. this update will be incorporated into CyanogenMod in the future and it should not break your root.

The OTA only prevents Stock N1s from using the 1 click method after the update.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    If you are running CM6 you will not receive an OTA. this update will be incorporated into CyanogenMod in the future and it should not break your root.

The OTA only prevents Stock N1s from using the 1 click method after the update.
    Thank you kind sir, you are a modern day hero Hope this helps the others in the same boat as me (rooted and CM'ed but not 100% sure on how we got there :rofl3
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Thanks for confirming this! I've done the 1 click method , Rom Manager, got a back up from when i was on stock before i went into CM6 and really not even sure how to go back to stock now. Does the stock backup i saved take me back and then that's it? Can get OTA updates?
    Many searches but still confused! Quite the noob!

Glad that the update will be incorporated into future CM's!
    Makes life easier!

Quote Originally Posted by seakins View Post
    Thanks for confirming this! I've done the 1 click method , Rom Manager, got a back up from when i was on stock before i went into CM6 and really not even sure how to go back to stock now. Does the stock backup i saved take me back and then that's it? Can get OTA updates?
    Many searches but still confused! Quite the noob!

Glad that the update will be incorporated into future CM's!
    Makes life easier!
    Why do you want to go back to stock ? Just so you can get this minor update ? I wouldn't bother, you've got CM6 - it's already way ahead of stock. Even when Gingerbread (2.3) comes out I won't be going back to stock. I don't mind waiting a month or so until CM6 gets the gingerbread incorporated.

The latest CM6 nightlies already have 2.2.1. Also, Cm6.1 is just around the corner and will also have the new updates.

Here's mine.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    The latest CM6 nightlies already have 2.2.1. Also, Cm6.1 is just around the corner and will also have the new updates.
    New updates minus the "no 1-click root patch" (hopefully).

Of course, if one is running CM6, they are already rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

True. No reason for people to unroot just to get the 2.2.1 update.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

True. No reason for people to unroot just to get the 2.2.1 update.
    This is why i love reading this forum! You guys have a brilliant way with words! I thought i was missing out on something with the update but i do seriously love CM6, opened up my phone to become more than it ever was on stock!

Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by seakins View Post
    This is why i love reading this forum! You guys have a brilliant way with words! I thought i was missing out on something with the update but i do seriously love CM6, opened up my phone to become more than it ever was on stock!

Thanks for the words of wisdom!
    Join the root gang.... http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/g...root-gang.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links