Switching SD Cards

This is a discussion on Switching SD Cards within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; First off, I'm sorry if I'm creating a duplicate thread or posting this in the wrong section. Now, down to business. I have rooted my ...

Thread: Switching SD Cards

Switching SD Cards

First off, I'm sorry if I'm creating a duplicate thread or posting this in the wrong section.

Now, down to business. I have rooted my N1 using the one click root method (Universal Androot) and did a nandroid backup, flashed ClockworkMod recovery and CM6 all via Rom Manager. I even flashed my radio with the newer Korean radio image. I love the results and can't believe I didn't do it sooner (I followed Sheanzy's guide, thank you so much Sheanzy!). I'm a complete layman and If you'd have asked me about any of this 2 weeks ago I'd have just stared blankly at you, perhaps with a bit of drool coming from the corner of my mouth.

Anyway, I am using a 4GB SD card and would really like to upgrade to a larger card (nandroid backups, Titanium backups and moving all these apps to my SD card is taking up a lot of space!). My question is this: When I get my new card can I just format it, copy all the files from my old SD card onto my computer, copy the files from my computer to my new SD card and I'm done? With so many important backup files and apps on my SD card I really don't want to screw this up.

Again, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section to post in or if I didn't adequately use the search function. Thanks for reading and for any help you might be able to offer.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok well not sure about the backups (cause I`m not rooted well not yet) but I think you should be able to and as for for everything else ya that is pretty much it and besides if you screw something up just make sure you keep the files on the 4gb sd so you don`t lose them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links