i choose I haven't tried yet
This is a discussion on [TUTORIAL]Root FRG83(N1) without unlocking bootloader within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; i choose I haven't tried yet...
Nightlies are updated cyanomod daily betas. I believe these are the betas of the latest planned update to 6.1
Check them out here: TeamDouche Mirror System
:nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:
Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!
It worked for me, but it took me five tries to achieve root. All I did was repeat steps 5 thru 8 until I saw the #.
I'm glad I was able to 1 click when I had the change, otherwise I would not have rooted. Hopefully this gets streamlined easier for people.
Im assuming you're required to do this ontop of these steps posted????
1. install android sdk & USB drivers
2. extract the content of the zip file into the tools directory of SDK (i.e. \android-sdk-windows\tools)
-> For all Newbies: Take care that you extract the files directly to the tools folder and don't create a new subdirectory freenexus within tools!!! If you did, delete the folder and extract again!!! Check twice that there is no FOLDER freenexus in your tools directory before you continue!!!
3. open a command prompt (Windows: Start, Run, "cmd", OK; Linux: Terminal)
4. change to SDK tools directory (i.e. cd \android-sdk-windows\tools)
5. connect Nexus to USB and check if debugging mode is activated
6. run "adb devices" in shell and see if there is a device listed. if not back to step 5 or reinstall USB-drivers
Thanks, this worked for me.
ROM Manager doesn't seem to be able to backup like it used to.
I was very confused by step 12) as I had # when I ran adb shell.
Nothing came up on the phone, but I have installed some root applications and they are working fine.
You should really add the explaination of what 5) is to the guide, for people who don't read the whole thread before they start.
Now I'm off to install Drocap! Thanks again!
Step five - when I enter:
I get ./rootnow: permission denied
For those of you who are fans of the One-Click method, check this thread out... It worked for me the first time around!
[APP]SuperOneClick v1.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers