RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

This is a discussion on RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've recently rooted (using 1 click root) and am currently running Cyanogen mod 6. I would like to try this new mod but all this ...

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

I've recently rooted (using 1 click root) and am currently running Cyanogen mod 6. I would like to try this new mod but all this tech talk is like Thai to me and I don't want to risk bricking my phone, so I have a few questions.

If I get this mod on my phone, could I be able to switch back to CM6 if I don't like it?

When I backup my SD card, do I take EVERYTHING off the card and put it on my computer?

Does it matter which version I download as I see the V1.1 is the recommended but I see there is a V1.5 out now.

Those are my main questions as of now, I"ll research around more on this but this place is probably the most informative for this mod, so I'll look here before all others. Thanks in advance.

Hello ThatGuy88,

If you go to the start of this Post.

Nick has posted a how to install this Rom. Just click on it.

Step by step,

I followed all his instructions, worked fine.

You would just replace V 1.1 with V 1.5 Final Fix.

Also when following these steps, you back up you current ROM and SD card, so you can always go back.

Just note you need to make a ext3 partition for this ROM, which is all explained.

Lets us know how you go, if you decide to try it.

I think some things are way better and some are not.

Just so you know, many use Launcher Pro to keep the Android feel, of course you can use the stock launcher and have the Iphone look,

Gezza.
    Ne:nexusx:us One,

One Click Rooted.

MIUI - What ever the latest is.

Battery Circle Mod.

Kernel - Standard or Wildmonks latest.

On miui you can hold down volume and menu to take a picture and long press home button and a app manager pops up what other tricks can this rom do?
    One Nexus To Rule Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I've recently rooted (using 1 click root) and am currently running Cyanogen mod 6. I would like to try this new mod but all this tech talk is like Thai to me and I don't want to risk bricking my phone, so I have a few questions.

If I get this mod on my phone, could I be able to switch back to CM6 if I don't like it?

When I backup my SD card, do I take EVERYTHING off the card and put it on my computer?

Does it matter which version I download as I see the V1.1 is the recommended but I see there is a V1.5 out now.

Those are my main questions as of now, I"ll research around more on this but this place is probably the most informative for this mod, so I'll look here before all others. Thanks in advance.

You won't brick your phone flashing roms. You may get stuck and have to figure a way out.

As long as you nandroid before flashing you can restore whatever roms you have on your phone quickly. I find it safer to put recent backups right to my pc, in case something goes wrong and delete the dl'd rom you flashed from your phone right after setting it up.

Highlight and copy all files on the sd card and paste to pc. Make sure you unmount correctly after done.

Rod's MIUI and MicroMod have a2sd already loaded, just reboot after initilal flash ans gapps setup. You need to partition your sd card and make it ext3. Some of these roms are well over 100mb.

I always read the op page of the dev and the 20 oages for hints and potentilal problems. Go to 1.5 with the final fix right off the bat. Most errors should be fixed.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks, I'm just finished step 3 and am now on to step 4. I'll keep ya'll posted...

I finally have everything up and running, I appreciate everything ya'll. Only issue I can report is that my Swype is not working, I can type in messages but I can't actually "Swype". Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I finally have everything up and running, I appreciate everything ya'll. Only issue I can report is that my Swype is not working, I can type in messages but I can't actually "Swype". Anyone else experiencing this?
    I had to reinstall swype to get it working... but it's definitely up and running with this rom
    tried out RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD... and it's AWESOME

Go back to your invite email and follow install instructions. Happens on flashing new roms. Basically uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes Swype won't work on certain roms.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

My my, the battery life on this ROM is pretty impressive.

I left it chargin 2 days ago and it was 70% ish. So now 2 days later, I'm only down to 40%.

This is with alot of calls, music and FM radio.

I've stuffed up my bootimg, so i think after i fix that, I'll be going to the stock MIUI for a change
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Hey Guys,

I updated to 1.5 final Fix from 1.4.

I noticed that some new apps that were in 1.4 are now gone on 1.5FF.

Also what does Adfree do??

Had an app called Android Manager, it's gone.

Anybody confirm these apps.

Gezza.
    Ne:nexusx:us One,

One Click Rooted.

MIUI - What ever the latest is.

Battery Circle Mod.

Kernel - Standard or Wildmonks latest.

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links