RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

This is a discussion on RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc You should use 0 swap Back up sdcard first--but, normally changing swaps won't lose anything--better safe than sorry though Ken And ...

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    You should use 0 swap

Back up sdcard first--but, normally changing swaps won't lose anything--better safe than sorry though

Ken
    And I can just do that (adjust the swap) through the recovery like before? I guess if I back it all up, as you say, I should be "safe"...

Yea, I forget which recovery I had at that time, but pretty sure I just changed the swap no partition size and lost nothing--not a guarantee

But, most will recommend 0 swap

As Aseems was asking on partitioning--I like to pull sdcard and put in card reader for fast bu's and restore of card data--and like sdformatter from web. It does much more thorough job

I think that is part of a lot of peoples issues, is not a good enough format or even wipe of phone when flashing new rom. That is why I wipe phone 3 times

Just have the sd bu in case--if everything is working ok you can wait--but, I still back up sdcard every week or so--I am always screwing something up
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

i'm THOROUGHLY confused ! :P

Specifically what are you wanting to do and what are you confused about Aseems.

Did I misunderstand your original question, sorry

I will be very busy today and may not be able to reply till later tonite or tomorrow

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Dear Rugmankc,
    I'm sorry for being such a.dumb newb
    I just want a simple step by step guide to install rods miui, if that requires partitioning... I need to be explained that too

using koush's Rom manager...

Thank you for your trouble

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Dear Rugmankc,
    I'm sorry for being such a.dumb newb
    I just want a simple step by step guide to install rods miui, if that requires partitioning... I need to be explained that too

using koush's Rom manager...

Thank you for your trouble
    FYI V2.7 was just released. He typically forgets to translate some Chinese to English so I always wait for a fix or x.x.1 to be released.

As for installing, his main page has some instructions. I used recovery to partition the card (0 swap, 512MB EXT3) then installed the ROM using ROM Manager. I don't know if my apps2SD is working properly... some apps I restore using Titanium seem "locked" - ie: the option to move to SD or back to phone is greyed out and I don't know why. Maybe you can't use Titanium when making radical platform changes like this? Maybe I need to install fresh from the market.. dunno.

Aseems,

I will try to put something together later today--tied up for awhile. Looks like he is using the new data2sd. All seems automatic though. Flash and reboot right after flashing rom to activate everything. Review the OP page and if you get it sorted or someone else beats me to it--just PM me.

I'll include sd ext steps that I use--assume you have none yet.

ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Aseems,

You are the brightest Newb out there

He recommends sdext on OP page:
    Here's how I do it:

Take card out of phone and bu with an sdcard reader to pc
    Format with sdformatter from web using a card reader
    Under the options use Full Erase ON and set Format Size Adj to ON
    I use a reader cause I have 12gb on card and it is faster and does a more thorough job than phone formatting

Put card back in phone and turn on
    I don't use Rom Mgr, but
    Boot into recovery, I prefer Quick Boot from Market
    Select Partition SD Card
    Select 512 or 1024 size and 0 swap
    1024 if you want to try Sense/Desire roms--they are much larger than MIUI/CM roms
    If given a choice do ext3, otherwise I think it will default to 3
    You acn confirm ext3 with Mini Partition Tool Wizard from web
    Reboot

Flashing Roms:

Read OP page and last 20 pages of threads for info/tips/issues
    Rod's is all inclusive--see OP page
    Make sure you have a backup of curent rom
    Boot into recovery
    Wipe everything 3 times--data/caches/dalvik/battery etc
    Then select flash zip from sd card (of course you needed to downloaded it first). I usually dl to pc then copy to sdcard, downloads section
    With Rom Mgr you can dl thru it and flash from the menu also--haven't used it for awhile so not sure of exact steps--just be pretty obvious. No need for gapps.
    Once flashed, reboot then reboot into rom then again reboot per OP page.
    No need to run a2sd commands, this uses data2sd--never used it

Set up wifi, google etc
    Use Titanium Backup Pro to restore missing apps/data. Do not restore system data.

This assumes you are familiar with Titanium and Rom Mgr/ClockworkMod navigation and features. If not, play with them awhile.

If I left anything obvious out, let me know--since I don't use Rom Mgr you may have to read between the lines. But, I figured it out on my own and you are smarter at this stuff than I was way back then

If you are set up and running fine do a back up--I put extra backups on my pc also, delete dl's after flashed to conserve space on phone

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Can anyone tell me the difference between CM7 and MIUI rom, as which one is better because I tried CM7 RC1 and then seriously I uninstalled it after 3 hours

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Can anyone tell me the difference between CM7 and MIUI rom, as which one is better because I tried CM7 RC1 and then seriously I uninstalled it after 3 hours
    They're night and day, in my opinion. Both are better than stock in terms of extra features and eye candy (I do like the screen-off and screen-on animation in CM7). Personally after using Rod's MIUI for a while, I just couldn't get back into CM7. I liked the way the menus lit up when you reached the end of scrolling but the scroll seemed to "damped" (in mechanics terms). I like the little bounce at the end. And there were other subtle and not to subtle differences as well.

I do think, however, that CM7 is generally better tested and less buggy. The MIUI code that Rod's MIUI is based off of has some issues sometimes. And sometimes Rod forgets to translate Chinese menus and so on. But once those things are fixed, each release isn't too bad in general.

I just upgraded to 2.5.2 (avoiding 2.5.3 that had issues) and there's a 2.7 out now. I'll wait a bit for bug reports then maybe give it a shot if 2.7.1 or something comes out.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links