RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

This is a discussion on RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jonno2k Originally Posted by fahdbhatti Can anyone tell me the difference between CM7 and MIUI rom, as which one is better because ...

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fahdbhatti View Post
    Can anyone tell me the difference between CM7 and MIUI rom, as which one is better because I tried CM7 RC1 and then seriously I uninstalled it after 3 hours
    They're night and day, in my opinion. Both are better than stock in terms of extra features and eye candy (I do like the screen-off and screen-on animation in CM7). Personally after using Rod's MIUI for a while, I just couldn't get back into CM7. I liked the way the menus lit up when you reached the end of scrolling but the scroll seemed to "damped" (in mechanics terms). I like the little bounce at the end. And there were other subtle and not to subtle differences as well.

I do think, however, that CM7 is generally better tested and less buggy. The MIUI code that Rod's MIUI is based off of has some issues sometimes. And sometimes Rod forgets to translate Chinese menus and so on. But once those things are fixed, each release isn't too bad in general.

I just upgraded to 2.5.2 (avoiding 2.5.3 that had issues) and there's a 2.7 out now. I'll wait a bit for bug reports then maybe give it a shot if 2.7.1 or something comes out.
    Thanks a lot buddy for helping really after reading what you said I will definitely go back to CM7

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Well I skipped 2.8 and just installed 2.9

[ROM] RoDrIgUeZsTyLe™ MIUIMOD [v2.9 FinalFroYo] BLAZING FAST & ROCK STABLE [03/08/11] - xda-developers

I'd say it's the best Rod-MIUI I've put on!! No missing translations (yet), themes work, everything is working well for me so far.

Any clue when MIUI is gonna get some gingerbread added to the mix?

It was supposed to come with the update Friday, but I just installed it (MIUIMOD) and it reads, 2.2. Keep in mind that is the standard MIUIMOD. I have no idea when ROD's MOD will run it, but I'm sure it wouldn't be long after. I love both of them.

The Nexus S was supposed to get it on the 11th and N1 on the 18th, but I guess we'll have to wait another week or so.

I'd been running RODsMOD for a couple of weeks. Seems to do real well with battery and it nice and smooth. I set it to "black" and it mimicks GB pretty well. The keyboard is the GB keyboard and about the only cool things missing are all the new ring tones, the old TV switch off affect and the color affect when you reach the end of scrolling. So it's pretty close already.

In addition, I like all of the themes and that you can customize them and make your own themes.

I flashed the first gingerbread version last weekend and had trouble with it. I've been on CM7 RC3&4 ever since.

Are there any updates? I sure haven't found any.

If you guys want to and haven't tried MIUI-Dev, give it a shot. You can never have too many roms to flash.

MIUI Developers - Official MIUI Developer Blog

Rod has nice extras, but MIUI_Dev is the source. Just go to Forums and N1.

You will need to flash the latest deodexed rom and then the language pack right after. Wipe and nandroid rules apply. Mark the dev is a tester and gets it Wed from China and Friday has the latest. They are on GB and rock solid for me. The only issue since they went to GB was laggy screen scrolling. I just went to ADW and no issues. Most people didn't have that problem.

Just FYI

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

im stuck in the house so may give it a try put it on flashed both zips but cant even use for force closes back on cm rc4
    my other phone's a nexus too

Good suggestion, Rug. I like the MIUI style and was introduced to it via Rod's MIUI (in fact, I though Rodriguez MIUI *was* the official MIUI release for the longest time) but I don't really care about the black theme/branding. I might just give the official MIUI a try... if I can figure out how to do it with the least amount of pain (gets confusing with A2SD, ext3, blah blah all doing their thing).

Kudos Ken. Thank you much. I really like the ROMs I get from the app and Rods, but do want to try something different.

Jonno,

You wont have any trouble. Personally, I like to download straight to my phone (SD card). When I use clockwork, amon ra or quickboot I can find the ROM quite easily in recovery.

@Jonno,

Any questions on the MIUI-Dev rom let me know

I still use a solid black wallpaper along with ADW--best of both worlds

@dude,

Youir Welcome

On side note: I have TBA working on MIUI-Dev by flashing the Android 2.3.3 GB Smali Patch--Nandroid first
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links