RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

This is a discussion on RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by gezza Hey Guys, Not 100% Sure how to partition EXT2 properly. Need the partition for dummy's. I get all most of the ...

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD [V1] Blazing Fast & The Most Stable

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey Guys,
    Not 100% Sure how to partition EXT2 properly.
    Need the partition for dummy's.
    I get all most of the steps, but after you make the EXT2, do you have to relabel it EXT3?
    It says to copy back your data from your computer, but where exactly do you put it on your newly Partitioned SD Card?
    And what exactly am I going to use for the new EXT3, Apps??
    Thanks dying to try this new Rom.
    Gezza.
    Most new phones have a larger system partition than the N1's 192MBs. a2sd+ allows devs to cram these large ROM files onto the N1 using symlinks to your sd card. Also, running the a2sd cachesd command will move the Dalvik optimized byte code for you installed apps (all of them) to your sd card. Recommend class 6 sd card.
    After you run through the instructions I posted to create EXT2, you need to upgrade to EXT3.
    Backup SD Card
    Backup ROM
    Open ROM Manager -
    Flash Alternate Recovery
    (ROM Manager Features will be unavailable: OK)

Power - Reboot - Recovery
    Build RA-nexus-v1.7.0.1
    -Partition sdcard
    -SD:ext2 to ext3
    "Upgrade ext2 to ext3
    Press trackball to confirm,
    any other key to abort."
    Upgrading ext2 to ext3: .......... (about 30 seconds)
    Ext upgrade complete!
    Reboot system now

SD Card was NOT wiped!

ROM Manager - Flash ClockworkMod Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post

Any one using a good Clock replacement app that is more like Sense World Clock? I am looking for a good all in one, alarm, world clock, timer, stopwatch.

Thanks!
    I'm sure you probably know already, but I find beautiful widgets to be an awesome compliment to this rom. Its got a ton of clock skins to download, some are quite similar to htc sense.

Scratch that,i just realised what you are after, that timer and alarm clock widget by htc is cool as, i've not seen anything like it.

Is anyone getting FC when sending a chrome to phone ? So far so good but ran into this today.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcgolf72 View Post
    Is anyone getting FC when sending a chrome to phone ? So far so good but ran into this today.
    My chrome to phone is working A-OK. Restored from TB, had to disconnect phone using app, then just went through Chrome to phone setup again, and it works.

I'm using Launcher Pro Plus on v1.1 RoD MIUI

well I have unistalled several times and reinstalled from market place and still FC when I send a link. The link still comes through but I need to FC the app and then go to app drawer and reopen app b4 I send another link. I am also running Launcher Pro Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jjcgolf72 View Post
    well I have unistalled several times and reinstalled from market place and still FC when I send a link. The link still comes through but I need to FC the app and then go to app drawer and reopen app b4 I send another link. I am also running Launcher Pro Plus
    I wish I could be of more help here. Maybe settings > applications > manage applications > Downloaded > chrome to phone > Clear Data + Clear Cache?

Nick,

I am on 1.1 and LP also. Perfect now. Been playing with the stock launcher screens to put my folders on them 1-3 per screen then widgets to fill in.

3 Q's:

1. When I want to drag an icon off screen it says immediately "do you want to uninstall" before app even gets to trash. Is that just the way it works? It cannot mean it is going to uninstall app that quick.

2. Where are all the widget choices? I just get the "Hollywood Squares" looking screen with no real choices.

3. No stock launcher bu mode like LP.

BTW 139 installed apps and 152mb free int mem. Did fall a little beloe 5mb sys mem again. Working on that. Waiting for more themes to come out.

Aseems must be dooling by now. lol

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick,

I am on 1.1 and LP also. Perfect now. Been playing with the stock launcher screens to put my folders on them 1-3 per screen then widgets to fill in.

3 Q's:

1. When I want to drag an icon off screen it says immediately "do you want to uninstall" before app even gets to trash. Is that just the way it works? It cannot mean it is going to uninstall app that quick.

2. Where are all the widget choices? I just get the "Hollywood Squares" looking screen with no real choices.

3. No stock launcher bu mode like LP.

BTW 139 installed apps and 152mb free int mem. Did fall a little beloe 5mb sys mem again. Working on that. Waiting for more themes to come out.

Aseems must be dooling by now. lol

Ken
    Ken, I haven't been using the MIUI launcher. It is just so iPhone like, and no app drawer. Some people are using ADW Launcher, but I am using Launcher Pro Plus with MIUI and it is fast and stable. Nice thing about Launcher Pro Plus is the LPP Widgets that almost mimic my fav Sense widgets. That and Beautiful Widgets and my phone is about the same as using NXSense only faster / smoother.

I did just remove the default for Launcher Pro and selected the default MIUI launcher. It is so iPhone like with all of my 80 some user apps just strewn all over the place. Yeah... I'm not dealing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Nick,

3 Q's:

Ken
    1. I only get that notification when I drag an icon up to the trash. Moving icons between screens works for me.

2. When you long press on an open area you should get the hollywood squares, then in the upper right corner there is a 3d cube to click on. That is where your widgets are stored.

Hth

so say we all via tapatalk

yea i now see the widgets scroll lol

i can't longpress and drag an icon to another screen, had problems with that on CM6, maybe my phone.

I don't want to uninstall program associated with icon, so not sure if that is what it means. get the same msg when i drag to trash on LP but it is after icon is deposited in trash. maybe this is how iphone works. may just try one i don't want.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links