MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid

This is a discussion on MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; 2.9 wifi issues 2.10 out but with an unknown kernal by redstar...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid

2.9 wifi issues

2.10 out but with an unknown kernal by redstar
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Note that 2.09 and 2.10 requires a radio update to 5.08 or higher.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Yes they do

Thanks Nimblor
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Just flashed 2.10

Had to wipe all twice. It would not go over 2.5.

So far smooooth as hot buttter and fast.

Time will tell. Setting up screens.

Not sure about new features. May have Q's on some.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I was able to restore 99% of apps and data using Titanium backup. I even restored the background and scenes and widget layout. Only one or 2 didn't make it. I am not sure if the new kernel can oc so I uninstalled Setcpu.

Battery life is very good.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Hey Rugmankc,
    How is that super hybrid Desire HD working for you? I am thinking about trying it out. Any difficulties and is it stable enough for a newb like me? That one GB ext is throwing me for a loop. Can I partition that like before in rom manager and will it mess with me if I change to other roms? Any advise would be welcome.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Newb, your funny

The partitioning and ext shouldn't effect you going between roms or even roms you backed up with a smaller ext. Hasn't me.

I did mine thru amon ra 2.0.0. I have the script saved on Notepad and I just copy and paste into Terminal Emulator. Quick and easy. Always reboot after flashing recovery so it takes. This way I can go between amon and cw in seconds.

I repartitioned with amon to do a 768mb ext2. Ext2 is default. Have not changed to 3, although amon gives you that option after initial flashing of the rom. Thought 1gb too much. Preference. If you use Rom Mgr, the version I have allows a 1gb and it does ext3. I verified this thru Mini Partition Tool Wizard. I normally do my sd backup thru an sd card reader and use sdformatter to format with the card reader. Then put card back in phone, partition and then back into reader for copying back sd card from pc backup to phone. Much faster.

The reason I left it 2 was I flashed Kangorama and had some issues, although now I think it was unrelated to ext2 or 3. But, all works and codesplice from KR said 2 works fine on all roms anyway, and he uses it. May only change if an issue.

This brings me to your question

MM's HD is awesome. The rom itself has no issues for me. But, some folks like me had issues with the phone hanging at the X when trying to reboot back into system after a nandroid. Now eVils HD did it too. These are big roms, 248mb, and some phones may have issues. Did this on CW and Amon. I solved it, with a members help and personal experimatation , by after a nandoid immediately pulling battery, then 3 finger into recovery, then reboot into system. Not sure why it works or why there is an issue. Just seems the phone has something mess up after a nandroid that keeps it from booting back into system. But, by pulling battery it resets or clears the issue. I did all this with USB cable connected.

I have settled in on the MM's HD, Kangorama, and MIUI.

Would like to try mTouch 4g, but think it is just the same as HD for the most part.

Must note most people don't have the boot issue.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Newb, your funny

The partitioning and ext shouldn't effect you going between roms or even roms you backed up with a smaller ext. Hasn't me.

I did mine thru amon ra 2.0.0. I have the script saved on Notepad and I just copy and paste into Terminal Emulator. Quick and easy. Always reboot after flashing recovery so it takes. This way I can go between amon and cw in seconds.

I repartitioned with amon to do a 768mb ext2. Ext2 is default. Have not changed to 3, although amon gives you that option after initial flashing of the rom. Thought 1gb too much. Preference. If you use Rom Mgr, the version I have allows a 1gb and it does ext3. I verified this thru Mini Partition Tool Wizard. I normally do my sd backup thru an sd card reader and use sdformatter to format with the card reader. Then put card back in phone, partition and then back into reader for copying back sd card from pc backup to phone. Much faster.

The reason I left it 2 was I flashed Kangorama and had some issues, although now I think it was unrelated to ext2 or 3. But, all works and codesplice from KR said 2 works fine on all roms anyway, and he uses it. May only change if an issue.

This brings me to your question

MM's HD is awesome. The rom itself has no issues for me. But, some folks like me had issues with the phone hanging at the X when trying to reboot back into system after a nandroid. Now eVils HD did it too. These are big roms, 248mb, and some phones may have issues. Did this on CW and Amon. I solved it, with a members help and personal experimatation , by after a nandoid immediately pulling battery, then 3 finger into recovery, then reboot into system. Not sure why it works or why there is an issue. Just seems the phone has something mess up after a nandroid that keeps it from booting back into system. But, by pulling battery it resets or clears the issue. I did all this with USB cable connected.

I have settled in on the MM's HD, Kangorama, and MIUI.

Would like to try mTouch 4g, but think it is just the same as HD for the most part.

Must note most people don't have the boot issue.

Ken
    Thanks bro. I will give it a shot tonight. I partitioned my sd card a long time ago but I dont know if its still partitioned or not. I will save my sd card and do it again to make sure I guess.

As you I love MIUI and kang best but want to give MM's desire HD a shot. Will let you know how it goes.

DragonGunner

OK DG

Think you will really like

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Unhappy

I might not be able to do it. When I go to partition my sd card I only get a 512MB size. I am still using the original sd card my nexus came with unfortunately. No where's large enough for 1gb partition.

edit: trying as is to see what the outcome is.

DragonGunner

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links