MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid

This is a discussion on MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just flashed MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid rom and all I can say for the moment is WOW. Absolutely wonderful! Reminds me of eViLs ...

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid

MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid

Just flashed MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid rom and all I can say for the moment is WOW. Absolutely wonderful!

Reminds me of eViLs NXsense but with a unique twist and chock full of goodies. Haven't tested everything as of yet but so far so good.

I am a huge fan of eViLs NXsense but if this one has no problems I will stick with this one. Now if it only had the tron theme it would be perfect.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

XDA-DEVELOPERS [ROM]MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid (Base Upgraded) 10/2/10

I too am loving this ROM. It is basically a Paul o'Brian MoDaCo bake with some CM6 live wallpapers thrown in. You get the best of both worlds (Sense vs CM / Stock). Two phone/contact apps. Two eMail apps. Car dock & Car panel. Stock Clock & World Clock (with timer and stopwatch). All of the CM6 notification sounds. Spare Parts. Sense widgets. Smooth and fast without overclock. Sense Gallery and Gallery 3d. Custom keyboard. Circle battery mod. Transparent notification tray. Wow.

You need to create an EXT3 partition before installing this ROM. But the a2sd+ is seemless / automatic. You will see 50MB of internal memory on first boot, but second boot automatically moves dalvik cache (magically of course) and after second boot you will have around 150MB internal storage.

Flickr Photostream Screenshots

Nick,

Ya I agree the best of both worlds, hence super hybrid. I am still having hotspot problems even after flashing the fix in the XDA OP (getting random reboots and my laptop cant find the hotspot). Are you experiencing this?

Perhaps you can start another thread like you did with eViLs NXSense.

DragonGunner

I haven't tried hotspot yet. Well, i just did, changed channel from auto to 6 and lo-and-behold it reboot on me. I will try flashing the 1.6 hotspot fix zip and let you know. That could be my deal breaker on this ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickshertzer View Post
    I haven't tried hotspot yet. Well, i just did, changed channel from auto to 6 and lo-and-behold it reboot on me. I will try flashing the 1.6 hotspot fix zip and let you know. That could be my deal breaker on this ROM.
    Just flashed the zip via recovery (before via rom manager, perhaps why still the problem). Will share results in a sec also. Agreed on deal breaker though until MicroMod fixes.

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Just flashed the zip via recovery (before via rom manager, perhaps why still the problem). Will share results in a sec also. Agreed on deal breaker though until MicroMod fixes.
    Woot it worked. Can only flash via recovery as outlined in XDA OP. Now its def. a keeper.

DragonGunner

Now all we need is a good theme that will work but I can deal without for now. if I get tired and want a theme I will just flash over eViL's 1.20.

DragonGunner

Have you tried flashing the Tron theme over it? It looks like it is all based on the same Sense dump although eViL 1.21.3 is using Sense 2.14 as the base and MicroMod is using 2.10.

I flashed the WiFi-Hotspot-Fix-for-v1.6.zip via ClockworkMod recovery and it is working fine now!

I'm thinking about using eViL's 9/17 oc/uv kernel to boost up this ROM to 1113mhz.

Have you tried flashing the Tron theme over it? It looks like it is all based on the same Sense dump although eViL 1.21.3 is using Sense 2.14 as the base and MicroMod is using 2.10.

I flashed the WiFi-Hotspot-Fix-for-v1.6.zip via ClockworkMod recovery and it is working fine now!

I'm thinking about using eViL's 9/17 oc/uv kernel to boost up this ROM to 1113mhz.
    Let me know how that kernel works for you. I would also love to OC to 1113mhz. I read in the XDA OP some one tried flash over the "Rouge Theme" and it didnt work, but it was a long time ago. Perhaps it might work now.

Getting ready to head out to the doc's office for my yearly physical. Mentally preparing for the snap snap of the gloves. May give the tron theme a go when I get back.

DragonGunner

Hmm... xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]MicroMod's v1.6 Desire Port Super Hybrid (Base Upgraded) 10/2/10
    "Just confirmed that if you want an OC kernel, evil d's doesn't work on this rom."

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links