How should I install the latest update if I am one-click rooted and on Enomthers ROM?

This is a discussion on How should I install the latest update if I am one-click rooted and on Enomthers ROM? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I love being rooted.I really want to keep the root functions and apps, as well as Enomthers ROM. However, I am getting the update pop-up ...

Thread: How should I install the latest update if I am one-click rooted and on Enomthers ROM?

How should I install the latest update if I am one-click rooted and on Enomthers ROM?

I love being rooted.I really want to keep the root functions and apps, as well as Enomthers ROM. However, I am getting the update pop-up all the time and I don't know how to turn it off. plus, i would like to keep my phone updated. since i am a noob, I have no idea whether I can just click 'restart and install' and get the update to work. i am scared it might brick since i am not on stock and I am also using RA recovery v1.7.0.1
    I would really be grateful if someone could tell me how i should go about getting the latest update and stay rooted and on this rom.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well I`m not rooted so I might be wrong but here is one option that you can try, you unroot using the one click root app, get the update, still not sure why you would want to get the update cause when you reflash Enomthers ROM you won`t have stock any more so the update is pretty useless unless you just want to have a nandroid with it. Then as you probably alertly know its better to nandroid then use this guide to root http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ootloader.html then once your rooted reflash Enomthers ROM and you should be good to go.

Now any buddy who is rooted and has more knowledgeable than me can correct any errors I might have made or maybe there is an easier way don`t know.

Update to the latest version of enomther's rom which should take care of the popup problem (at least that's what I read in the changelog) and then wait until enomther has the time to update his excellent rom to froyo 2.2.1 which probably should happen anytime soon.

I was never able to update with the OTA - either rooted or unrooted. It downloaded, but errored out trying to install. I bought the unit used, and it had 2.2 on it. I do not know if it was stock or a custom ROM.

I have read on Xda forum that if you do not have stock ROM, the OTA's will not work, as they have different signatures. I got 2.2.1 by installing a slightly modified ROM with ROM Manager - a really great tool.

I chose to flash the latest version of Enomther's ROM instead of unrooting.problem solved. Thanks a lot for the responses, i really appreciate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links