MIUI update question?

This is a discussion on MIUI update question? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So, im using MIUI 0.9.30 and i want to update to v1.5 Is it necessary to remove cache and do all that good stuff in ...

Thread: MIUI update question?

Question MIUI update question?

So, im using MIUI 0.9.30
    and i want to update to v1.5

Is it necessary to remove cache and do all that good stuff in recovery mode?
    or can i just update over it??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wacrack View Post
    So, im using MIUI 0.9.30
    and i want to update to v1.5

Is it necessary to remove cache and do all that good stuff in recovery mode?
    or can i just update over it??
    Normally updating the same rom only requires you to wipe cache and davlik cache only. I would suggest to perform a nandroid backup of your current rom.

If you follow the above and find that your phone is experiencing some problems you may need to perform a full wipe and then re-flash. Again always perform a nandroid backup.

If there have been numerous updates to the rom since your last update it might be a good idea to perform a full wipe just to be safe. Again always perform a nandroid backup.

If you are coming from another rom ALWAYS perform a full wipe. Dont forget perform a nandroid backup.

Each rom is different. Some require you to perform a full wipe between updates and other do not. Try to read the OP (opening post) for each rom to find out as much as you can, they usually have instructions for this. You can find information about Custom roms located in the Custom Roms list located here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...roms-list.html
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links