CM6.1 RC1 Is Out!!

This is a discussion on CM6.1 RC1 Is Out!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have AmonRa. Would that not wipe the card though? Or affect the performance in some way? Also in general what are the differences between ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CM6.1 RC1 Is Out!!

I have AmonRa. Would that not wipe the card though? Or affect the performance in some way?

Also in general what are the differences between ext2, ext3 and ext4? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    I have AmonRa. Would that not wipe the card though? Or affect the performance in some way?

Also in general what are the differences between ext2, ext3 and ext4? :-/
    It is Recommended IMO to always backup your SD before making changes to it like this.

You don't want to leave it up to Chance.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

True, do u know what the difference between ext2 & ext3 is though?

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3]ext3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Some programs may work better on 3

Definitely bu sd card

An app Mod Install Location? From market helps a lot with memeory mgt without partitioning.

I have lost sd 3 times and and last time had to get a SD Format program, cause Mini Partition Tool didn't do it.

So be prepared
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I just tried CM6.1 and found it too unstable. Plus I think there are LP+ issues as I couldn't get it to work very well. I did get to try the radio, which is cool, but I'm back to CM6.0 until there's a stable release.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    I just tried CM6.1 and found it too unstable. Plus I think there are LP+ issues as I couldn't get it to work very well. I did get to try the radio, which is cool, but I'm back to CM6.0 until there's a stable release.
    If you're having stability problems, I don't think that it CM6.1 RC1's fault. I've been using it for quite a while and it's rock solid.

You might want to backup and do a complete wipe before you install (though I did not have to do that).

I suspect something I was running just didn't like it. Do you use LP/LP+? I had Titanium reboot 4-5 times while restoring my apps and it was just sluggish. I guess that's the one downside to doing a massive application restore as it's harder to tell what the bad app is.

I really want the "quiet hours" (or whatever it's called) feature, although I typically just put the phone in airplane mode anyway so it saves the battery over night.

I suspect something I was running just didn't like it. Do you use LP/LP+? I had Titanium reboot 4-5 times while restoring my apps and it was just sluggish. I guess that's the one downside to doing a massive application restore as it's harder to tell what the bad app is.

I really want the "quiet hours" (or whatever it's called) feature, although I typically just put the phone in airplane mode anyway so it saves the battery over night.
    Yes, I do use LP and Titanium BU.

I didn't have to restore any apps as I just updated from 6.0 -> Nightly 223 -> 6.1 RC1

It's been a very smooth ride. CM6.1 RC1 is the best yet, though I'm getting tempted to go ahead and install one of the newest nightly builds.

Ahhh an update. I did a total reflash from scratch and it wasn't so smooth. If I pay for RomManager, would "Check for ROM Updates" perform an update like you do?

Ahhh an update. I did a total reflash from scratch and it wasn't so smooth. If I pay for RomManager, would "Check for ROM Updates" perform an update like you do?
    I generally user ROM Manager (paid version), which can update you from 6.0 to 6.1RC. I manually installed since I put a nightly build between the two.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links