attempted nandroid backup FAIL

This is a discussion on attempted nandroid backup FAIL within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Do you mean "the blue recovery" refering to Amon-ra recovery? If yes which version? Try reflashing or flashing the latest version. I am no expert ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: attempted nandroid backup FAIL

Do you mean "the blue recovery" refering to Amon-ra recovery? If yes which version? Try reflashing or flashing the latest version. I am no expert but that's the one I could think :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Nah

here's the full story so far.

What I have done is unlock my N1 some time ago I then flashed to get to froyo before the ota in the UK then I rooted with superboot then tried to access the recovery menu to do a nandroid backup before doing anything else. I cant get to the recovery when I attempt it I just get the android with exclamation triangle above his head. at that point all I can access is the Android system recovery <3e> (blue font).

Now I installed ROM manager and flashed clockwork ROM etc... and I am still having the same problem trying to access recovery via the ROM managers inbuild option to boot to recovery and also via the manual recovery from off with power and vol down. See photo android prob1 albeit this is the image on an evo but serves the purpose as it is the same/similar. It is where I should be able to get to but see photo android prob4 is where I actually get to (visualise it in nexus one form). From there I can only do a power down and volume up and I get to the next screen see photo android prob2. the text is identical apart from the top line states Android system recovery <3e> not the <2e> shown in the image and I don't have the yellow writing as I have not selected the option in the image. From there I reboot as I have no other option as I am not sure applying sdcard:update.zip will help, I know that it does take you to the intended screen when you are in <2e> but I have not risked it while in <3e>. Wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition are options I wasn't willing to risk without posting all this stuff first.

status is unlocked and rooted N1 running most up to date froyo 2.2.1 FRG83. I have superuser, ROM manager which was used to flach clokworkmod recovery. as stated reboot into recovery through the app is giving the above triangle exclamation droid and then i follow what i state above. I have attached images to better illustrate the problem.

any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Problem solved guys it took a while but I have made it in the end. what I had to delete was this bad boy /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.

Just in case any poor buggers have the same problem open up command prompt and type (while your connected to the pc and have mounted the SD card) the following:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

That is you just reboot your phone and then on the next reboot to recovery it is golden!

Boom!

Thanks again all contributors on this thread you steered me in the right direction.

Congrats. Now go get yourself a Miui lol

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Yesterday everything fine. Today different. Trying thru ROM manager to make backup before installing Miui 11.05. Told rom to backup, named file and said ok, N1 hangs up at reboot with X on screen. Have to pull battery to restart. Only thing I did this morning was update Clockwork to 2.5.1.1 from 2.5.0.4 because ROM said update.

Any ideas.

Amon 2.0.0
    Current: [ROM] MIUI 12.3

Well all I can say is nobody update Clockwork to 2.5.1.1. That is what stop my N1 rebooting into recovery plus no rom backup. Reflashed to older clockwork 2.5.0.1 which was working. Thank god that's over.

Amon 2.0.0
    Current: [ROM] MIUI 12.3

tbh I didn't have that problem I managed to flash 2.5.1.1 then reboot into recovery fine after I overcame my initial hurdles. Isolated incident maybe? However I am no expert in these matters but I am trying to catch up

Glad you managed to resolve it though mate

Yes, the latest rm has issues if trying to get to recovery thru it or backing up

I use cwm to boot into recovery and bu

no bu's or anything else thru rm

what van did may fix that though

like mentioned bu sdcard to pc regularly

good job on resolving that van
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

ty rugmankc

Btw jjcgolf72, I noticed that on clockwork today it reverted back from 2.5.1.1 to 2.5.1.0 so you may well be right with what you are saying mate.

Hope you manage to resolve.

recovery

Hi all,
    VanGTO, you are VERY close. Your boot loader is working and you have clockwork mod installed from the market(if I understand you correctly).
    NOW YOU MUST 'INSTALL' YOUR CUSTOM RECOVERY MENU:
    1 boot your phone normally
    2 open clockworkmod (ROM Manager) // you may need to select your phnoe model. Also, READ ANY POP-UPS/WARNINGS. for your own sake
    3 look for and select ‘Flash ClockworkMod Recovery’
    //this may take a long time be VERY patient
    4 agian from the same app : (after reboot) select 'Backup Current Rom'
    5 agian from the same app :verify that the top two choices are 'Flash Clockworkmod Recovery' and ' Reboot into Recovery'

--~~--You should now be able to boot into recovery by selecting 'Boot into Recovery' or powering down > Power on while holding Vol(down) > use Vol buttons to select 'RECOVERY' (power button selects)

IF YOU GET STUCK AT THE RED TRIANGLE!! Press and hold Vol(UP)+POWER

enjoy

OOPS! This is in response to a really old post! Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links